Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I haven't watched Incident but it gives me a lot of vibes that the old British show Ghostwatch did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Hardcore Henry is mediocre at best, unfortunately. It's a concept that did well when they filmed the original music videos but as a feature film it falls flat and even Sharlto Copley's performance as wildly different hilarious personalities couldn't save it.

this also reminds me the Paranormal Activity people tried to do a found footage series The River, which lasted 8 episodes before it was mercifully killed off. It has an interesting premise of a small riverboat crew entering the Amazon to look for a missing tv personality, but i recalled other than a few creepy stuff like an island full of abandoned dolls it didn't really go anywhere

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

THe expert interviews in between are unintentionally silly especially the guy who can no longer touch his wife after seeing the tapes

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I'll give the film a bit of benefit that the scene of the woman with plastic tape over her mouth and the killer crawling behind her is very, very effective

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I was hoping more entries in the PA series like The Marked Ones, the idiot hispanic teenagers were so much more engaging than the typical idiot white nice family in the other installments. Are they still making more PA stuff or will they just wait a couple years then "reboot" it?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

kinda surprised by how disappointing WNUF Halloween Special was. the whole "VHS copy of a cheesy 80s local news footage of a haunted house" thing had a lot of promise, but they filled it with way too many fake commercials, killing the pacing and rendering the payoff inconsequential. the frequency of the commercials got to a point where the repetition of the title card of "you're now watching the WNUF Halloween Special [thunder] [scream]" stops being funny.

other than Ghostwatch, which I've mentioned earlier, are there any other similar formatted shows?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Thanks for the recommendation of Cannibal Holocaust . I wasn't expecting much other than shock value but the film was pretty good! Could use a lot less animal violence though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

MacheteZombie posted:

So I started watching this last night, about 4-5 episodes in and they aren't really doing anything interesting with the concept yet.

the change in format starts at ep6

• Locked thread