Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I'm just about to run the NATO orders if there's anything you specifically wanna change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Nothing big, just have my guys hunt towards the contacts in the woods instead of run full speed.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5iLfMctDVk

Save 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p65pduhg5lwa3ov/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2044%20NATO%20Replay.bts?dl=0
Save 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hfnz8rado03y9cw/Goon%20Game%20Turn%2045%20NATO%20Replay.bts?dl=0

Orders Friday!

Generation Internet fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jan 30, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I dont like all that Rus movement im seeing. I'm not sure yet if that tank movement is good or bad for us.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Do we have any way of knowing if the Russian team's using a drone other than our guys trying to shoot it down? If they've spotted all that buildup or seen the convoy moving down the road they might be scrambling to reinforce the exit.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Good to see no casualties.

What is our plan up at the crossroads? Do we want to try to secure it or get those guys out?

I think I will move the UAV south a bit so it can see that tank.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
We have mortars (US and UKR) and the other Apache too if we think they are flanking the exit. Might be worth sending some shells that way.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Time to give the reds a lesson about concentration of forces :getin:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

It might be a good idea to send a handful of btrs just ahead of our tank push. They would both work as a decent distraction and they could draw the fire of anything else that may be hidden in the trees.

Plus if we position them right their burning hulks could provide cover for our tanks as the push through the treeline.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Agreed. It's not like we're short on them. Bac?

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Well you guys have squandered the 10 minutes you had to take out that armor before it got to even better positions to block our exit road. Take the road now. You probably have smoke shells.

GI can you give me a close up/highlight of 3rd company so I can give orders?

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Hopefully these are helpful

Overview of 3rd Company, which is just the one infantry platoon and the weapons platoon

e: Lemme know if you want better/different ones

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

The Oldest Man posted:

Agreed. It's not like we're short on them. Bac?

No. They'll die.

dtkozl posted:

Well you guys have squandered the 10 minutes you had to take out that armor before it got to even better positions to block our exit road. Take the road now. You probably have smoke shells.

It's been badly-harassed by Apache fire and we have the Abrams. I think we can clear them out.

2 Company Orders

3 Platoon, hold position at the blue

2 Platoon, HUNT along the white line and set up a defensive line at the marked position

1 Platoon, advance into the Red horseshoe and kill any Russians you find there.

ARMORED LEADERS
We are assaulting into the forest to secure your right flank. Advance IN A GROUP towards the Russian tank positions North of the West exit and will will try to support you. We CANNOT help you if you commit your force piecemeal.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Feb 2, 2017

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Bacarruda posted:

No. They'll die.

Yeah, thats the idea. We need those tanks to make it into that field more than we need a half dozen BTRs.

Our tanks will be very vulnerable as they go on the attack and we need any advantage we can get.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Ikasuhito posted:

Yeah, thats the idea. We need those tanks to make it into that field more than we need a half dozen BTRs.

Our tanks will be very vulnerable as they go on the attack and we need any advantage we can get.

They will snarl up the narrow roads and gently caress up the tank's pathfinding. Their death will panic friendlies. Smoke and hulks will block our advance. And the tank AI will focus on our tanks, anyways.

As we saw last game, Abrams can take a frontal hit at that range. Lead with the US tanks if you want to draw fire and keep the Ukrainian tanks safer.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Feb 2, 2017

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
A/B Company Orders

A Company
Not quite sure who is who here.

1st Platoon - Move as quick as possible to the indicated line. Note the APC moving east near the top of the image - I need you in
position to guard our backside if it decides to turn south at the junction. Also, I need you to rest so you can take the lead once we
clear the top of that hill

2nd/3rd Platoon - I'm not exactly sure who is where, so form up along the two yellow lines not marked "1st Plt." Everyone already there
rest for the time being - next turn we will advance.

Where are our HQs? Please move them up with the rest of the troops if possible. And keep consolidating anyone still stuck on other parts of the map.

Mortars
Lay a maximum smoke mission on this line:

Stingers
Stinger units should mount up in their vehicles and start heading down the long highway of clicking to link up
with everybody else in the west.

B Company
Until I hear otherwise we will overwatch this section of the main highway. Infantry hunt forward a bit
to get eyes on the road but stay back in the woods. Bradley's come up to support.

pthighs fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Feb 3, 2017

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Bacarruda posted:

ARMORED LEADERS
We are assaulting into the forest to secure your right flank. Advance IN A GROUP towards the Russian tank positions North of the West exit and will will try to support you. We CANNOT help you if you commit your force piecemeal.
Should we wait on you to complete clearing the flank or go now?

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Chunky Monkey posted:

GO NOW.

The flank was never unsecure in the first place.

Orders:

GI move the (3co) rifles north and quick march the ATGMs west to the tree line and setup.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Chunky Monkey posted:

Go now. And watch for the T-90 on the extreme western edge of the road.

We'll clear as you go.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

1st Armored

All units advance along the Purple path, V formation with Abrahms A and B forward and Oplot to the rear. If they reach the end of that path and are not still engaging enemy armor or threatening cannon BTRs (idgaf about MG BTRs) when the second turn's orders are put in, Hunt an Abrahms along the Green path to poke its nose out of the trees in that field while the Oplot and the other Abrahms continue to move on the Blue path toward the exit.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
2nd/3rd Platoon, A Company, Orders

I'm not sure who is how here, so any of these units that are not 1st Platoon, move them quick up to
the yellow lines as indicated. Units already there should stop and wait to rest. Next turn is
when we will move out from there.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ikasuhito posted:

New Orders

Units shown are to move quick along the yellow lines and then Hunt along blue.

All other units continue previous orders.

Keep it up I suppose.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

The Oldest Man posted:

1st Armored

All units advance along the Purple path, V formation with Abrahms A and B forward and Oplot to the rear. If they reach the end of that path and are not still engaging enemy armor or threatening cannon BTRs (idgaf about MG BTRs) when the second turn's orders are put in, Hunt an Abrahms along the Green path to poke its nose out of the trees in that field while the Oplot and the other Abrahms continue to move on the Blue path toward the exit.

Add my Abrams to the Abramses and my T-64 to the Oplot. I don't think we're exiting the tanks though so don't actually have them depart the map.

Also, I feel obligated to point out that people were telling us to wait for 2co, and now I'm getting "The flank was always secure why haven't you gone yet". In summary, gently caress you. Next time you want tanks killed you can do it yourselves.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Orders are final

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

This should be interesting. This is likely to be The most important turn of the game.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Chunky Monkey posted:

Also, I feel obligated to point out that people were telling us to wait for 2co, and now I'm getting "The flank was always secure why haven't you gone yet". In summary, gently caress you. Next time you want tanks killed you can do it yourselves.

Seriously? I never told anyone to wait. In fact, I've been saying the opposite this whole time.

Bacarruda posted:

Americans, we need the Abrams and the new Bradley to get to o2 Company's position ASAP to help force a breakout.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Generation Internet posted:

Orders are final

Ah poo poo poo poo poo poo, GI, if it's still possible can you have the 1st Company Weapons Platoon ATGM that scampered into the forest HUNT back towards the edge to get eyes on that rogue BTR? And can you have the two MG teams that ran back towards the BTRs a couple months ago move back to their original positions in the middle of the woods and set up? If not, I totally understand-I meant to get the orders posted today, but it completely slipped my mind.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I'm literally gnawing my own fingers off here.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Yeah you can cut the dramatic pause here GI, we're already on the edge of our seats.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!

Bacarruda posted:

Seriously? I never told anyone to wait. In fact, I've been saying the opposite this whole time.

Not you.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
I wanted bacarruda to move his atgms and at least a platoon or two up to that tree line to provide some vis and guns down range when the tanks move around the corner there but it isnt happening. We need to do this soon because the russians can move MORE tanks to the western corner and it suddenly becomes impossible to get that convoy out, so I'm telling you to go now.

You guys realize that all we have seen so far is recon elements and a few scattered tanks right? The russians have to have some serious forces backed up somewhere if GI thought they had a shot at taking the town. This right here is the easy part. It is our period of grace before we get proper hosed and need to call in that f15 because an entire company just evaporated under two companies of t90s. So get some hustle out, let's get this convoy off the map, and I'll leave you alone and let you do whatever you want.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Thanks for clearing that up. It would have been better to explain that sooner, but it's all fine now. And for the record, I agree that we need to clear the exit and get the convoy out ASAP.

On a different note, if I'm remembering correctly, one of the strategic goals for the UKR units is to hold the crossroads for as long as possible. I assume this means the Russians will make their push there (unless they've gone off script). I think we need to move the units on the far side of the crossroads before that happens, especially the anti-air assets and mortars. They are currently doing poo poo all sitting around at the far end of the map with no support other than a few BTR's and scattered AT assets. If we can get them closer to the exit, they may have a shot of getting out of here, and as they are not doing anything right now, it may be the best time to do it.

Also, where'd GI go? Maybe the sheer awesomeness of the turn knocked him unconscious.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Chunky Monkey posted:

Also, where'd GI go? Maybe the sheer awesomeness of the turn knocked him unconscious.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I guess he is dead.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
The war's over everybody. GOod job.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Good now I can go back to interfering with US elections.

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
I knew it! You've been KGB the whole time!

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Why did you drink the tea GI, WHY!?

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Trump called up Putin, and made a deal, big league. The most amazing deal. People are talking about it more and more. We can all go home now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Chunky Monkey posted:

I knew it! You've been KGB the whole time!

Ironically the only actual evidence we have of government interference and kompromat is by the Ukrainians and they handled about as well as they do anything.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ukraine-sabotage-trump-backfire-233446

• Locked thread