Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
My Ukrainian company and I are ready to fight to the death! So long as we don't have to eat any actual Ukrainian rations. :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I think the decision is pretty obvious-we want the American forces on the field. As dtkozl said, the towed guns aren't going to be very useful, and the Americans are going to be a much more powerful and flexible force. Plus, the Stinger teams are likely going to be easier to spread out and keep intact than the Tunguska.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

dtkozl posted:

I scared everyone away.

you and bac posted really detailed orders and now I can't measure up :ohdear:

But seriously, just got back from work an hour or so ago, so I haven't had much time to work on them yet. I'll have it up later tonight, possibly after I finish yelling at the VP debate.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

JosefStalinator posted:

Do we have general orders for 1st company yet? I want to do 1st company, 2nd platoon's orders but I wanna see what my commander wants first!

You do now!

First Company Orders

SITUATION AND MISSION:

A large Russian force has been spotted gathering to the northwest, and will likely attack to cut off the highway of MSR Eagle and to secure Junction X-RAY. 1st Company’s mission, to put it lightly, is to prevent that from happening.

This task will not be an easy one. Not only will Junction X-Ray likely be the primary enemy objective, but the terrain around the crossroads dictates that it will likely see the main thrust of whatever armored forces they have available. Thus, holding the crossroads means making the best use possible out of our limited anti-armor assets.

OBJECTIVE:

First, don’t die. It’s a bad habit, and won’t get you anywhere.

Second, our objective is simple: Take up defensive positions within and around Junction Wood, and prevent the enemy from taking the crossroads.

INTENT:

In order to preserve our forces and ensure maximum utilization of our resources, our company will do our best to limit our exposure to enemy tank fire by staying within the woods, to maintain defensible positions within the woods to deter an infantry assault on the crossroads, and, finally, to maintain overwatch over the road to prevent enemy forces from crossing it to engage A Company. As such, I am issuing the following orders:

INITIAL DEPLOYMENT:

1st Company will mainly be deployed along MSR TRUMP, immediately behind the recon platoon.

My HQ and the Weapons Platoon, in purple, minus one BTR/ATGM team, will be deployed on the northern road leading to ASR SOLDIER

1st Platoon, in red, under ro5s, will be deployed at the head of the company's formation. ro5s, you will have control of the remaining BTR/ATGM team, and it will be deployed on the road with your platoon. Use it wisely. Your vehicles will depart at D+5 seconds

2nd Platoon, in blue, under Josef Stalinator, will be deployed in the center of the formation, behind ro5s. Your vehicles will depart at D+10 seconds.

3rd Platoon, in green, under Willie Tomg, will be deployed behind Joself Stalinator. Since it doesn't appear to have an assigned commander, I am hereby placing it under his command.

Finally, the assigned T-64 will deploy at the rear of the formation. ro5s, this one's yours to command as well.

MOVEMENT ORDERS:

1st Company will proceed down Trump at flank speed, on the heels of the recon platoon. Once they near the crossroads, they will skirt across the Circus Gap to reach ASR TINKER. From there, the platoons will branch off into the woods to deploy into defensive positions. 1st Platoon will take positions on the western side of the woods, overlooking MSR EAGLE. 2nd Platoon will take up positions along the road itself, while 3rd Platoon will position itself up the hill and in the woods from the crossroads. The T-64 will take up a supporting position along ASR TINKER to keep an eye on MSR EAGLE and support 1st Platoon. I'll leave the specifics of each deployment to the respective platoon commanders.

The Weapons Platoon and HQ Platoon will deploy to the forest to the east of Ribeye. From there, the two ATGM squads will walk into the woods to provide overwatch of the clearing immidietely south of the crossroads, while the HMG will deploy to provide fire support if the Russians attempt to occupy Ribeye with infantry. The BTRs will then move a bit further forward, then reverse back into the northern section of the woods. The Company HQ will do the same, to take a position right in the middle of the forest.

AMENDED ORDERS:

Acebuckeye13 posted:

1st Company Amended Orders:

-ATGM currently attached to 1st platoon drives to positions near Junction X-Ray, (Magenta) dismounts, and will MOVE to take up a position covering the entrance to Ribeye Forest (Pink).

-ATGM and HMG teams attached to HQ will move QUICK along ASR Eagle (Purple), dismount, and MOVE to take positions in the southern tip of Ribeye (Red). The HMG will MOVE to take up a position deeper within Ribeye. (Blue)

-1st Company HQ will remain mounted in its BTR and MOVE to take up an overwatch position on the southern tip of ribeye.(Grey)

-Two BTRs move north FAST and try to generate sound contacts (Lime Green)

Alright, so those are my thoughts. Platoon commanders, if you've got any questions or concerns, let me know. I've got all day off tomorrow, so I can hang out in the Roll20 and go over the finer details necessary to get this trainwreck a rollin'.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 6, 2016

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
So I talked to dzkotl in the Roll20, and after some discussion and some checking the manual, I've decided to update my orders for 1st Company's Weapons Platoon:

1st Company Amended Orders:

-ATGM currently attached to 1st platoon drives to positions near Junction X-Ray, (Magenta) dismounts, and will MOVE to take up a position covering the entrance to Ribeye Forest (Pink).

-ATGM and HMG teams attached to HQ will move QUICK along ASR Eagle (Purple), dismount, and MOVE to take positions in the southern tip of Ribeye (Red). The HMG will MOVE to take up a position deeper within Ribeye. (Blue)

-1st Company HQ will remain mounted in its BTR and MOVE to take up an overwatch position on the southern tip of ribeye.(Grey)

-Two BTRs move north FAST and try to generate sound contacts (Lime Green)

I'll be editing my orders above in the thread as well to try and keep things clear. ro5s, this means I'll be stealing your ATGM I gave you earlier. Sorry!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

1st Company Orders

1st Platoon

Continue inching forward in traffic.

2nd Platoon

Continue inching forward in traffic

3rd Platoon

Continue inching forward in traffic.

Weapons Platoon/HQ

If possible, have the ATGM team pick up as many missiles as possible from the BTR, and have them load onto the HQ BTR.

In addition, I want to slightly adjust the deployment of my HMG teams:

With the deployment of the Russian smoke screen, it is highly likely that they're probably going to make a move for Ribeye, in force-which means my machine-guns need to be somewhat more dispersed and able to cover a wider area. With any luck, though, we managed to get there first, and should be able to make them pay for it.

Edit: Also, if anyone wants to hop on Roll20, I'm there.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

The Merry Marauder posted:

It's a little unsettling the Russians had anything time-consuming to do other than say "repeat orders, continue to plod."

Possibly. On the one hand, it could mean that they're indecisive and constantly tinkering with their movement orders and their plans, which is good for us since it means it's more likely they're gonna be loving up. On the other hand, it could mean they've spotted something (Such as 1st Company HQ) and are shifting their orders to adjust.

But honestly, there's no sense worrying about it-the Russians will do whatever it is they decide to do, and we'll do what we need to do.

As to when the turn is run, I vote for running it tonight, if anything. 1st Co wants blood!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

1st Company Orders

The plan has, to put it bluntly, broken down completely. The Russians have moved much faster than originally anticipated, to the point where they already have tanks in our original deployment area.

Right now, our priority is to get our troops out of the line of fire as quickly as possible, and then proceed to secondary deployment areas south of ASR Tinker to prevent any further Russian advance.

SITUATION

The Russians, to put it bluntly, have us dead to rights. They have excellent line of sight down the road, and any further attempt to drive down Trump will lead to more dead BTRs and more wiped squads. As it stands, we'll likely lose at least 1-2 more BTRs before we can get off the road.

ORDERS

As it stands, here is our current, revised plan:

1st Platoon

At this point, you're going to stick to something resembling the original plan-make a gentle turn and speed towards Junction, since that's going to be the quickest way to get out of the line of fire. From, there, deploy and move troops to ASR Tinker.

Second Platoon

Similarly to 1st Platoon, you're going to veer off MSR Trump at an angle, and speed for the road that goes through Half-Moon Copse. From there, drive through Half-Moon and come back through the Circus Gap, before deploying to move up to ASR Tinker.

Third Platoon

Take a hard left and drive past Half-Moon (Take the road up that sharp incline if you can). From there, same as Second Platoon-drive up to the Circus Gap and deploy to move to ASR Tinker.

Weapons Platoon

The stranded ATGM team needs to move his rear end FAST straight north, to get out of line of sight of whatever tank or tank-like-object is currently perched on ASR Eagle. Then, he needs to MOVE west to Ribeye.

In addition, there's currently an ATGM in the middle of Ribeye. That guy needs to move to the edge of the forest (See my last orders, where the second ATGM was going to go), and start setting up to try and knock out whatever is currently perched on Eagle.

Finally, the BTR that was carrying our machine-gun teams is going to need to make a distraction. I want him to move QUICK out past the Junction, in hopes of either disrupting the T-90's next shot, distracting their shot placement, or otherwise intercepting a round that would have otherwise hit one of our other vehicles.

dtkozl:

I understand your concern, but here's the thing-our troops are going to get shot up regardless. If we can get out of the kill zone with our transports at least somewhat quickly, then we're still going to be able to reach defensive positions along Tinker in something approaching a timely manner. If we abandon our transports now, that means we're going to take even more casualties trying to escape the kill zone, while it'll also take even longer to reach anything approaching a defensible position.

That's the company consensus, and that's the plan I'm sticking to.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Also, from the looks of it appears as though Chunky Monkey's tanks are literally within yards of getting LoS on that T-90. If they can draw the T-90's fire or disable it themselves, that'll greatly help in buying time for 1st Company to divert from their current route.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

dtkozl posted:

Ace if you are going to move in the btrs why not move straight west since that is the quickest path out of los? Why move at an angle and keep them in los even longer?

Momentum. They're already moving straight, and stopping to make a hard left turn is going to keep them in the killzone for longer. Banking them at a softer angle helps retain their speed, and both gets them out of harm's way and closer to the objective quicker.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

dtkozl posted:

No. Get squads in places that can cover the approaches to triangle and still be able to support the rest of their companies and we will accomplish the same thing while still leaving them ready to do something else. Triangle woods are are a massive pit of heavy forest. For one squad to patrol it on foot it would take well over 20 minutes in game.

1st company needs to get more guys into junction woods pronto.

dtkozl, what would be your recommendations for good ground, then? I don't disagree that deploying into Triangle would be an ineffective use of 3rd Platoon, but I'd like to hear where specifically you think they'd be better suited, especially since Junction is starting to get filled up with the Recon unit as well as 1st and (what's left of) 2nd platoon deploying in there soon.

ALSO

I was talking to a friend who I've been showing our turn videos to, and he mentioned he thought he saw some artillery landing in front of Ribeye during the second turn. I checked it out, and it looks like he may be right-there definitely appear to be spotting rounds landing in front of Ribeye throughout the turn.

So, for people more familiar with CM than I am, what can I do to mitigate the incoming barrage? Will a hide command help to prevent units from getting hit as I ride it out? Or is the only thing I can do hope and pray they target the wrong part of the forest?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

dtkozl posted:

EDIT One last thing, ACE your HQ is in ribeye right? Why don't you call some mortars on the area their infantry is getting out?

GI, how does my LoS look from my HQ? If I've got a clear shot up to that side of the hill, I definitely wouldn't be opposed to spotting for a mortar strike.

Fake edit: Also I'm gonna be real busy tomorrow, so I'm going to try to get detailed orders in late tomorrow night (Probably around midnight EST). If they're not in by then, 1st Company, if you haven't already, make sure to plot orders along the rough guidelines of what dzkotl has already posted.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Generation Internet posted:

Orders are Final

drat, I just got home. GI, if you're feeling charitable, please set a ~180 degree Target Arc in front of my guys covering the Ballpark and Junction, and set it to 600 meters.

edit: oh yeah and also have my MG teams move out of the forest and re-board their BTR

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
:stare:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

pthighs posted:

Also, watch out for arty! Great job up north getting your guys out of the way of the artillery. Once it stops if you move back in they won't think anyone is there.

Yeah, I definitely owe the friend I've been sharing the videos with who pointed it out. He's been getting a real kick out of watching the games, though not enough to register an account :v:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Yeah, if anything I'd leave the tanks where they are. Sending them forward risks them for relatively little gain, and they have a pretty good position as-is to keep the Russians from attempting to gently caress us up via the Field of Dreams.

Really, this is the stage of the battle where our lines have been somewhat set, and now we have to establish depth while determining areas of enemy presence. Remember, like dzkotl said, or primary objective is to get the convoy to safety-anything that risks our ability to do so (Such as sending a good 2/3 of our armor up towards an unknown target with enemy infantry in close quarters) should be pretty cautiously considered.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

1st Company Orders

Fortunately, there's not much that needs to be said or done at this juncture for our company. Despite some... setbacks, we've managed to get the bulk of our remaining forces into Junction Woods, and are making good progress towards achieving good defensive positions.

With that said, obviously the situation has changed-the Soviets Russians may now occupy critical positions along our left flank, and our success at holding the junction may well be pointless if we can't secure our exit.

Willie and ro5s, for now there's no orders to change for your existing units. Josef Stalinator, if you're still in the game, please make sure you get orders to your remaining unit. GI, if he doesn't give orders by 1800 today, please MOVE his remaining squad to 1st Platoon's position via the Circus Gap. Once the team arrives, ro5s may take comamnd and use it to bring his platoon up to full strength. Regardless, JS, if you'd like to shift nationalities and take over the newly arrived reinforcement platoon, it's yours to command.

My orders are simple-I'd like to have my HQ unit disembark and HUNT towards the position of my southernmost ATGM team in the woods (Let me know if that's too vague). Once I've either arrived or have stopped due to spotting an enemy unit, call down the following 120mm Mortar Bombardment with the following specifications:

-Area Target: On the road, large enough to catch the vehicles and a decent portion of the forest on either side of the road within the area of effect.

-Tubes: 3
-Delay: Immediate
-Intensity: Heavy
-Duration: Medium

Fortunately, so far it seems the Russians are content to sit and hold the hill on MSR as their forces move elsewhere. This may leave us an opportunity-if we're able to move in, wipe out the infantry, and secure the hill, this may allow us to move up our own armor to take overwatch positions on top of the hill, and cut off Russian reinforcements to our half of the map. Obviously, this is dependent on having a relatively light Russian presence on the hill-but one way or another, we're about to find out.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Isn't that likely to wipe out a scout team or three with short rounds?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. :colbert:

Brakeless if you want me to abort or push back the barrage away from your troops I'll modify the orders

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Also, Willie appears to be on probation at the moment, so for posterity here's the orders he posted over Roll20:

Willie Tomg posted:

so here's my orders:
http://i.imgur.com/2YCt1qI.png
3rd platoon is to move out Quick through junction woods with the general intent of providing a fallback point for brakeless
generally trying to keep distance intervals from each other, and generally sticking to tree cover
(except for that southernmost squad, who if i mapped this out right, will be running through scattered cover briefly to get to where its going, but they have the longest way to travel so i'm okay with this)
russian movement has me pretty much convinced we're butting up against the russian fallback point from their point of furthest advance in field of dreams
and if junction's trees weren't in the way we'd be having a massive firefight right now
oh my HQ unit should hang roughly 100m back from the platoon line i guess, since i'm thinking of it
anyway, i don't think ro5s is entirely wrong to say we're a sideshow for the moment
but that's only because at least one motorized platoon dismounted 100m away from us and went somewhere we still haven't figured out where it is
once they make contact with us in junction, it forces them to run a lot more stuff through fist/sideshow/roadrunner/cheetah, etc for cover while they bring fire support to bear on junction
at which point we die for freedom
also i'm pretty sure we can cancel heli's with minimal issues if drones see something untoward so its probably best to get that called in asap just so there isn't a huge lag between the drone coming online and the heli's following

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Somebody please give orders to Stalinator's squad and the heavy weapons/specialist teams still back at deployment so poor GI can stop saying "still back here" with such a heavy sigh in his voice.

I've got orders in my post upthread-basically sending him to go join 1st platoon via the Circus Gap.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

You have absolutely no vision to call in those mortars.

Actually, on a related note, what's the status of my HQ team? Did they manage to get LoS at all?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

dtkozl posted:

Also: FIRST COMPANY COMMANDER: Get your rear end in gear and get your company HQ in LOS of that hill your ATGMs can see with the russians on it and call in some loving mortars. You've let eight minutes go by while sitting on your thumbs.

I mean, I'm not gonna say I shouldn't have called them in even earlier, but come on man.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

1st Company Orders

Fortunately, there's not much that needs to be said or done at this juncture for our company. Despite some... setbacks, we've managed to get the bulk of our remaining forces into Junction Woods, and are making good progress towards achieving good defensive positions.

With that said, obviously the situation has changed-the Soviets Russians may now occupy critical positions along our left flank, and our success at holding the junction may well be pointless if we can't secure our exit.

Willie and ro5s, for now there's no orders to change for your existing units. Josef Stalinator, if you're still in the game, please make sure you get orders to your remaining unit. GI, if he doesn't give orders by 1800 today, please MOVE his remaining squad to 1st Platoon's position via the Circus Gap. Once the team arrives, ro5s may take comamnd and use it to bring his platoon up to full strength. Regardless, JS, if you'd like to shift nationalities and take over the newly arrived reinforcement platoon, it's yours to command.

My orders are simple-I'd like to have my HQ unit disembark and HUNT towards the position of my southernmost ATGM team in the woods (Let me know if that's too vague). Once I've either arrived or have stopped due to spotting an enemy unit, call down the following 120mm Mortar Bombardment with the following specifications:

-Area Target: On the road, large enough to catch the vehicles and a decent portion of the forest on either side of the road within the area of effect.

-Tubes: 3
-Delay: Immediate
-Intensity: Heavy
-Duration: Medium

Fortunately, so far it seems the Russians are content to sit and hold the hill on MSR as their forces move elsewhere. This may leave us an opportunity-if we're able to move in, wipe out the infantry, and secure the hill, this may allow us to move up our own armor to take overwatch positions on top of the hill, and cut off Russian reinforcements to our half of the map. Obviously, this is dependent on having a relatively light Russian presence on the hill-but one way or another, we're about to find out.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
1st Company Weapons Platoon

Make a new target arc for the ATGMs, extending out to 1200m.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Some quick First Company Orders

With the scout squads getting overwhelmed, it looks like there's a real possibility that we may soon have to deal with Soviet troops right up our gut. This, obviously, can't be allowed to happen.

Don't forget, though, that we still have our BTRs. Ro5s or Willie, try to send some down to support that one squad alongside the road. Even if we're just putting on target orders and firing wildly into the woods, it'll still generate suppression and (Hopefuly) make them think twice about advancing.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Willie Tomg posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but we still need to decide if the new Ukranian reinforcements will go to 1st Co's position or not. I'm pretty sure Acebuckeye and Baccaruda bickering over this (or not!) while dtkozl helplessly tries to moderate is part of the scenario. Or maybe it all gets settled instantly and without drama idk trump is my president and life is loving weird as hell lately.

Also, I think we have enough going on this turn without sweating it too much, but we should probably start moseying those trucks over to the exit point. Who should also probably have designated commanders if they don't already. I volunteer unless someone else has ideas, with the caveat that the last time I commanded a cargo truck in forums CM I drove my entire command element and MGs into a mine that was east-jesus in the middle of loving nowhere for no explicable reason. I am NOT saying we should be beelining toward it when we just shot up a BTR coming down that road!!! I'm saying we should beef it out securing that exit right now while the convoy moves through ground we've secured because right now it looks like the plan is

--secure the exit
--sit on our fuckin' thumbs for 40 Actual Minutes while unarmored trucks dertle slowly to the exit from spawn praying to a God who does not exist that the russians do absolutely nothing to ruin our now insanely delicate and vulnerable plan

Please keep in mind: after 30 minutes we have no more tricks to play. Once those Bradleys get spotted and the F-15 comes out, that's it. We got no more surprises in us.

Once the new turn goes up, so long as things don't completely poo poo the fan I'll write up a proposal to divert 3rd Company to assist 1st Company in taking the hill.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

1st Company Orders

Here's the situation at hand:

At first glance, it's bad. We've got an unknown number of Russians pressing down on our positions from all directions, and we don't exactly have a huge number of bodies to hold them off with.

The good news is that while our position isn't great, we do still have a number of advantages-we've still got a poo poo-ton of expendable transports with machine-guns we can use to bolster our left flank, and whatever Russians are still in the vicinity of their vehicles are about to get shredded by heavy mortar fire.

So, with that in mind, the best thing to do at this point is to pull back to form a line of fire and try and weather this assault. To accomplish that, I'd like my platoon commanders to perform the following maneuvers:

First: I want all of our forward-deployed squads to try and fall back to positions roughly along that green line, spreading out to the edge of the treeline. We've already seen Brakeless' squads get isolated and picked apart by fire-I want to make sure when the enemy engages us, they engage all of us.

Second: Technically speaking, it's not my unit, but I'd like the deployed grenade launcher team, if possible, to area-fire near the position where 3rd Platoon, 3rd Squad was wiped out-if we're lucky, we might kill a few Russians, or at the very least supress them as our BTRs drive up to support us.

Finally, with that infantry contact by the road in mind, I'd like to divert one infantry team over to deal with it, while sending the command team out of harm's way. Last thing we need to worry about is Russians showing up on our backside in the middle of this firefight.

Actually, on second thought, gently caress it-it's just one team (probably). I still want the command team to move, but get your infantry to move up to the green line along with everyone else.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
If we're gonna be planting a mortar strike to support 1st Company, I'd suggest using a line bombardment instead of an area bombardment, if possible. That way we'll have a greater number of rounds hitting along where we suspect the enemy will be advancing, with less worry about wayward rounds landing too far off to help or right on top of 1st Co.

Edit: Alternatively, I also don't have a problem with pulling 1st Company a bit further back, to lead the enemy into the bombardment area.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 17, 2016

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

pthighs posted:

How's this?

Hmm, not quite. I was thinking something more like this-

Or this, if we pull back.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Oh god that's a lot of BTRs :stare:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

1st Company Orders

HOLD

IN THE NAME OF GOD, YOU WILL HOLD

ROLL UP THE BTRS

SEND IN THE AMERICANS

AND NOT ONE STEP BACK

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
The commander is already dead, and the command team's position is about to be danger close to an artillery strike. I think we'll be alright.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

dtkozl posted:

Can you help me out here? Get your guys BTRs in the woods and get a plan up for defense if we get overrun. I need you to get your MGs and ATGMs in better positions in case the russians break through. Cover circus gap and prevent enemy infantry from exploiting.

Yeah, seriously guys. If you're concerned about the BTRs bogging, don't be-it's not like there will be anyone left to use them if we get overrun. Push the BTRs currently on their flank through the woods, and start setting area targets towards enemy positions.

dtkozl, I'll make sure to throw up some more detailed orders later tonight.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
No worries. You do what you gotta do, GI.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
1st Company Command is ready and rockin'.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Well, the good news is that it looks like 1st Company managed to hold their push towards the crossroads, though we're pretty fuckin' beat up by this point. r05s, Willie Tomg, can I get a quick roll call to make sure you're both still in the game?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Orders are final!

Hey GI, if there's still time, have the ATGM team that took out that APC run back into the woods-I don't want them getting wounded or killed from another round of blindfire from their tanks.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
First Company Orders

By some miracle, we've managed to hold off the Russians long enough for reinforcements to arrive. However, this has cost us dearly-our company has probably taken ~60-70% casualties by this point, with the forces remaining in the forest tattered and fragmented. But not broken.

At this point, there aren't too many orders I think I need to give. The only one that I think might be necessary is for ro5s to pull back his remaining forces slightly to the east, both to straighten them out and so that they can be better supported by the MGs that are now set up should the Russians try and push again. Otherwise, continue to hold positions, and know that we've cost them badly, and that because of your actions we may be able to hold onto this godforsaken crossroads yet.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

pthighs posted:

A/B Company Orders

A Company
Continue previous orders

B Company

<TBD>
1st Company/Acebuckeye, do you want B Company infantry coming up from the South, or reinforcing your lines from the East?

Since we've spotted Russian infantry already in the forest near the crossroads, I'd have those troops try and sweep through the forest from the south before swinging west, to try and clear out any troops that have gotten behind us. Something along the lines of:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Orders are final

Ah poo poo poo poo poo poo, GI, if it's still possible can you have the 1st Company Weapons Platoon ATGM that scampered into the forest HUNT back towards the edge to get eyes on that rogue BTR? And can you have the two MG teams that ran back towards the BTRs a couple months ago move back to their original positions in the middle of the woods and set up? If not, I totally understand-I meant to get the orders posted today, but it completely slipped my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Chunky Monkey posted:

Also, where'd GI go? Maybe the sheer awesomeness of the turn knocked him unconscious.

• Locked thread