Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Willie Tomg posted:

For real, if anything this thread is distressingly calm considering we lost 2/3rds of the map and half a company for free

We killed a T90. I think our position overall is actually not bad; we've secured most of ASR Tinker and their artillery is blowing its load against empty forests and fields.

Ed: assuming we get our air in the game now and don't just stand around holding our dicks while they figure out what to do next.

The Oldest Man fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

dtkozl posted:

Don't we have to have vision first to call in the air?

No.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Chunky Monkey posted:

I feel like someone should scout our alt exit, just to see if the Russians have pushed into it, you know, before we send the trucks there to die. Maybe one of those units that is sitting at the back not getting orders? Or possibly one of the BTR's that unloaded/are unloading could go back and pick up that bogged HQ unit and do it?

1st platoon, 2nd company is headed over there already.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

2nd Armored Ad-hoc

M1A2 and Oplot move forward to sit on the crossroads in the marked location/facing (purple). T64 should peel off and follow the marked path on Fast movement (blue). If the road is too crammed up with that mechanized group, set way points to run parallel to the road and not get caught in the traffic.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

His other tank is sitting next to mine at the Tinker crossroads.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

pthighs posted:

I'm curious if anyone has thoughts on how aggressive A Company should be. I can't decide whether to try to pin them with fire and advance, or sit back and let them come to us.

I think we've got them on the left foot here, and we don't need to destroy them to get the convoy off the map. Maybe wait until the Apaches get to work?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

What exactly do you want that tank to be engaging right now?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

dtkozl posted:

Oldest Man please power forward a bit and support him. You will be safe enough quick moving a tank up to his btrs.

T64 is already en route fast to the corner.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

This scenario is no longer realistic. American troops aren't going to show up to defend our NATO allies anymore, much less Ukraine.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

2nd ad hoc armored whatever

Oplot/M1A2: Hunt forward 20m. If no contact on first turn (or contact lost), hunt forward another 20m on second turn.

T64: Fast move along marked path:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Chunky Monkey posted:

ah gently caress this election screwed up my timing. Hopefully the smoke holds a couple more turns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGp9P6QvMjY

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

GI, why is my T64 in the wrong place and not following its last move order?

Edit: second half of the video is broken.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Generation Internet posted:

It's not :confused:

Both T-64s have orders to be near The Merry Maurader, right? Yours was there first and then this turn Bacarruda ordered the one he's bossing around down to the same area unless I've. hosed up somewhere.

Yeah, there's a broken clip in the video but it was early in the morning when I was rendering and I said gently caress it since it was the shortest clip of the lot.

Did this not get entered? http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792675&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=16#post466313095

Ed: any reason why I shouldn't push my tanks further up into FoD and blow away that partially spotted OP with some HE rounds?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Yeah, I definitely entered that. Both T-64s are moving that way and I think yours is almost in position?

e: Yeah, yours is pretty much right where you've ordered it and the other T-64 is halfway down the road.

My T64 shouldn't be on the road though, is the point I was making. Is it routed off of it and just pathing there?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ikasuhito posted:

It isn't. The road goes through that patch of woods, your tank is in the field.

I'm seeing it smack on the road in the lower left:
http://i.imgur.com/fidpE2f.png

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Speaking of air power, who wants to call in some danger close fire from that F-15E?

GI can you give me an over-the-shoulder shot from my M1A2? I want to know how far I have to push up before my tanks can shoot into that stand of trees in the middle of Field of Dreams.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

dtkozl posted:

While we have the tanks there we should use them to screen that infantry platoon to quick march into the woods directly north. What is that, 1st squad A co? No need to take 10 minutes to slowly hunt either, we could run them across quick and secure that portion of the woods for the tanks to move up in the turn after next with 100% safety.

I support this. Those tanks are going to be stuck in shortly as well, so I'm not super worried about those troops being left without support.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

2nd Armored Ad Hoc Whatever

T64: repeatedly hunt along the marked path until reaching the indicated position.

M1A2 / Oplot: Move along the marked path. If they're not already engaging something when they get LOS on the marked stand of trees with the infantry contacts, have the Oplot target area and throw some HE shells in there.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ikasuhito posted:

You know what's really scary? We killed that one btr while it was on the road the trucks need to use. We may need to divert them through the mud.

God if this loses us the scenario then HAIL TRUMP

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

RIP my tank. Remember that situation I mentioned about having armor over there? Well, it happened and we're in the poo poo now. Chunky I suggest you back your tank off ASAP because it will just get hosed up like mine did.

Edit: Willie be thankful but that was a garbage-tier T64 that got lit, not the Oplot.

The Oldest Man fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 16, 2016

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

No, it was mine that ate it. Yours is just slightly further back.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

dtkozl I've got my tanks in a pretty good position to make sure the Russians can't re-take FoD but I'm unable to support 1co from here. I'm concerned if I push up any further I'm going to run them into that other T90 and get killed.

How aggressive do you want me to be here?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Yeah, we also have no idea at all what all is lurking over there. Assuming it's one T90 because that's what killed my T64 is magical thinking. Wait for The Merry Marauder's infantry to make contact before getting your Abrahms stuck in.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

2nd Ad Hoc Armored whatever

All units hold on current positions, cease target area fire orders.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

That looks like two mechanized companies and a tank in there. I think 1co is done.

Ed: what's the call-in time on that 15E? Propose we get the JTAC to gently caress them the gently caress up with it.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

pthighs posted:

6 minutes. We do need vision on the call in point though. I believe we can use the UAV.

We've got continuous contact all along our front line, I think that has to count.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

We need another platoon of infantry at least strung out in the woods South and SE of my tanks along FoD. Otherwise we're not going to have any screen from them turn toward us after they finish chewing up 1co.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Based on the intelligence gathered, I think there is a VERY LIKELY POSSIBILITY that we are going to have Russian armor/mechanized units entering from our own deployment area shortly. We should probably not have a bunch of squishy support assets sitting down there and I would strongly recommend re-deploying some of those weapons teams to cover the SE corner of the map. I know we don't care about the town itself, but slowing down any Russian units entering the map there will give the trucks more time to escape.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

2nd Armored Ad Hoc Platoon

Abrahms turn to face NE and hold on current position. Oplot move along this path:

The Oldest Man fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Nov 20, 2016

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

If you recall I kinda wrote this into the reinforcement choice way back at the beginning. The option you didn't take, in this case the Ukrainian company, is understood to be delaying any Russians approaching from behind you in a rear-guard action. You can assume you're safe from that direction.

Nevermind me then.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

BTRs still not being ordered in to support their own dismounts. Shameful BTRs.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

ro5s posted:

We're at least 150m into the woods. The Russians are all coming up the clear-ish path from Field of Dreams, we don't have anything drivable like that.

Their BTRs are driving through forest exactly like the kind yours would need to traverse to get into contact right now.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Sunday would be preferable.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Are there one or more than one tank contacts in that clusterfuck? I can't tell.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

2nd armored whatever

Oplot move up to the indicated position, stay on the road if at all possible.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Bacarruda posted:

You and Willy fighting the the thread have been one of my favorite fights in this LP.

That's So NATO

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

GI can I get an over the shoulder shot from my Oplot?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Does unbuttoning my tank and turning my commander out increase spotting chance by a lot?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Can we also get some additional sick-rear end 1 minute American mortars going on the mass of Russkie dismounts on our front here? Our vehicles vs their RPGs looks a lot better if they're all eating HE for breakfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

pthighs posted:

Where specifically are you talking about? Here's where the UAV can see. Moving it will take at least two minutes.

We should probably move it, then. The Apache is going to come in and gently caress up some stuff in that area but we're pretty heavily engaged in that spot just south of its current radius and don't have spots on the treeline there.

• Locked thread