Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Glompton

free Trapt CD posted:

• if a batter beans a fieldsman.... MULTIBALL
  • tied in the last inning? have a sudden death 'golden' 'goal' as in soccer, or football. two batters enter... one leaves.
  • ballboys
  • some of us have grass allergies. let's play on tarmac
  • why is the baseball song always the baseball song? let it be 'muskrat love' every tuesday or so.
  • bats too phallic, scare away female audience. replace with orchids
  • ressurect ty cobb
  • walk, don't run....
  • in middle school nobody ever picked me for the baseball team
  • nobody ever truly 'wins' baseball as it just continues on arbitrarily into the future. i hereby decalre baseball over. boston won or something
  • i wish that one guy would run faster

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

I think it could be as easy as changing the names of some of the pitches:

fastballs --> swiftdogs

curveballs --> wiggly boys

change ups --> deceptoes

knuckleballs --> no need to change this, already a hilarious name

think of a stuffy old baseball announcer being like "whoa the batter sure wasn't expecting to get a wiggly boy in a swiftdog count". fun right?

also there should be mascot parades after most innings

now it's your turn to say things

Macnult posted:

before taking a walk the player at bat must perform their best dance move. style points are awarded for every dance move and 3 points = 1 run for a team

Serious Frolicking posted:

i think they should let even the teams who aren't very good at baseball win sometimes. it always makes my mom sad when playing the song about how the cubs are gonna win today does not, in fact, make the cubs win.

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

or maybe if a really good team is playing a really bad team the good team can loan them their best player. he would probably have fun having a whole new group of teammates for a game too!

DickBastardly posted:

Heated arguments between the coach and umpire should be decided by an intense break dancing battle in which over the course of the battle each dugout slowly adds another dancer to meet and battle their counter part from the other team. The organ player lays down a funky 80's inspired tune and gets the crowd really hype, sometimes fans battle each other in the stands and adds to the overall argument against the other team. And there's always one player who brings a cool karate weapon like nunchaku and dresses in his break dance battle dress just for this occasion, it usually has a tiger stripe pattern headband and vest and lose fitting karategi (martial arts uniform) but he never actually uses his weapon, just swings it around in an intimidating funky break dance fashion.

City of Glompton

first, enlarge the ball. bigger, bigger, even bigger...yeah, about that big. make it black and white because that's pretty. get rid of the bat, bats are unnecessary when we have perfectly good feet that can move a ball. put the players in shorts, that's more comfortable for them, don't you agree? also, running bases is undignified, let's try to put the ball through a goal instead. let's play ball!

• Locked thread