Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Neurolimal posted:

[Howl's Moving Castle, but the castle is the feminist bookstore from Portlandia)

Is somebody moving the feminist bookstore??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Moon Atari posted:

I was only able to sleep at night because I believed the horror was confined to a bookstore in Portland. Now I know that it is more of an abstract cosmic force of feminine hatred that can occupy any enclosed space, even those outside of traditionally black neighborhoods. I am afraid.

You have no idea. Twenty minutes in and i am being hate-pegged by a woman who is reading the SCUM Manifesto to me at the same time. And I like it. My God, I like it.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

mysterious frankie posted:

I tried this to prove it:

This is after only twenty seconds of having the words feminist bookstore on my fridge. That book was some leftover ghost pepper chicken wings before. Also note the box wine (a woman's drink)

Thoth won't help you write your way out of this one buddy. RIP.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
We are born of the feminist bookstore from Portlandia

We are made men by the feminist bookstore from Portlandia

We are undone by the feminist bookstore from Portlandia

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot
Feminist bookstore from Portlandia, now might be a really good time to get angry.

That's my secret, Cisgendered White Male. I'm always angry.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

This is after only twenty seconds of having the words feminist bookstore on my fridge. That book was some leftover ghost pepper chicken wings before. Also note the box wine (a woman's drink)

I am Satin - Lord of Fabric and Weaving. Why hast thou summoned me with thine refrigerator?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Portlandia delenda est.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

You have no idea. Twenty minutes in and i am being hate-pegged by a woman who is reading the SCUM Manifesto to me at the same time. And I like it. My God, I like it.

wow uh, what a horrible thing *visibly sweats*

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

This is the thing that troubles me, for I cannot forget Portland where black stars hang in the heavens; where the shadows of men's thoughts lengthen in the afternoon, when the twin suns sink into the lake of Trillium; and my mind will bear for ever the memory of the Portland Feminist Bookstore. I pray God will curse the writer, as the writer has cursed the world with its beautiful stupendous creation, terrible in its simplicity, irresistible in its truth--a world which now trembles before the Feminist Bookstore in Portland.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Be that word our sign of parting, shop or fiend!" I shrieked, upstarting
"Get thee back into the tempest and the Nights Plutonian shore!
Leave no flyer as a token of that lie thy soul hath spoken!
Leave my loneliness unbroken!quit the bust above my door!
Take thy receipt from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!"
Quoth the Feminist Bookstore, "Portlandia."

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 2, 2016

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Morpheus: You'll jack in at the feminist bookstore from Portlandia.

Neo: We need guns. Lots of guns.

Toadvine fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Oct 2, 2016

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I thought women only liked scrapbooks

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

the ol pump-n-bump posted:

The feminist movement was started by the rockafellers to get the woman out of the house and into a taxable position, while giving the state the abiity to subvert their kids minds 8 hours a day....at the same time, increasing inflation and counter culture ideas of a cohesive family being undesirable, has lead to a total destruction of the american family

thanks feminism, have fun being sluts protesting oil with your titties out I guess

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

a shameful probation

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

nigga crab pollock posted:

a shameful probation

If only his post had started with "the feminist bookstore" instead of "the feminist movement" it would have fit right in.

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

“It’s not like I’m a feminist,” Case heard someone say, as he shouldered his way through the crowd around the door of the feminist bookstore from Portlandia. “It’s like my body’s developed this massive feminist deficiency.” It was a feminist bookstore from Portlandia voice and a feminist bookstore from Portlandia joke.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Ah, Case. Joeboy. Quick study.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ah yes, the old "George Carlin agreed with whatever I think about anything" argument.

Welll in this particular case....

quote:

I think mankind ought to be human kind, but they take it too far, they take themselves too seriously,
they exaggerate.
They want me to call that thing in the street a personhole cover.
I think that's taking it a little bit too far.
What would you call a ladies' man, a persons' person?
That would make a He-man an It-person.

You know what I mean? So...so I think it's an exaggeration and I like to piss off any group that takes itself a little bit too seriously.
An it does not take a lot of imagination to piss off a feminist.
All you gotta do is run into NOW headquarters or Ms. magazine and say,
"hey, which one of you cute little cupcakes wants to come home and cook me a nice meal and give me a blowjob!"

pr0k fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Oct 2, 2016

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

He was looking at the feminist bookstore from Portlandia now. "I got a pair of shoes older than you are, so what the gently caress should I expect you to know?"

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
“pressure is too much. too many places folded inside. not enough space. must divide.”
Annah interposed, “Uh, it must be in the ‘way.’ ”
“What are you talking about?”
“I think it’s pregnant,” Annah replied.
Morte joined in, “Freaky. So where are we technically standing right now?”
“I really don’t want to know the answer to that, Morte.” The voice continued speaking, ignoring my companions.
“help me to divide. branch out. expand. new apertures will open. you may use them to travel to the lower ward.”
“What do you need to divide?”
“the floating one is upon me. repairing. it prevents me from dividing. i undo its repairs. but it returns again and again. repairs anew. must remove floating one.” I wasn’t sure I liked the implication of its words.
“You want me to kill the repairman in the Feminist Bookstore?”
“remove it. only then can i divide.”
I knew from Iron Nalls the way to the other wards from Portlandia was currently blocked. I felt I must get to other areas of the city. If helping this… thing would do it, so be it.
I found the repairman close to where I had left it. I was sure there was little chance I could convince it to just leave the area, and even if I could get it to leave, it would doubtless quickly return.
However, there was a way. I went up to it, and told it I had just discovered the body of another repairman in the alley. As I thought, it was interested in what I had to say, and soon was hurrying to enter the house where I had found the dead repairman.
For a moment, I gloried in my power. I realized I could easily bend those around me to my will, forcing them to my bidding regardless of the effect on their insignificant lives. But only for a moment.
I had sent the repairman to its death, as surely as if I had cut off its head. One could argue it was to save another’s life, but it was doing nothing wrong, not by any scale of right and wrong I would wish to live by.
I thought of the incarnation that Dak'kon and Morte had known, and knew if I followed the path that had tempted me for a moment, that is where I would end up. I considered the temptation, and saw it held no real attraction for me. Time to move on.
When we returned to the being, it claimed the work the repairman had already done had weakened it enough that it could not go forward, either ‘birthing’ or undoing the repairs. It described what the repairman had done, and we agreed to undo its work.
Fortunately, I had a prybar which I picked up originally in Portlandia, and with an improvised hammer the repairman’s work was soon undone.
We returned to the being. It spoke again, using the ambient sounds of the Feminist Bookstore.
“yes. all is in order. i am grateful.” Again the wind began to blow around me, this time with fierce intensity. The omnipresent sounds of the Feminist Bookstore began to increase in volume until the soft murmur of the voice was nearly drown out by the ensuing racket. “now you must go. division begins. the way is now open to you.”
The stone face before me began to transform once again, its mass shifting and roiling as I looked on. The entire wall seemed to melt before my eyes, exposing a narrow passageway beyond. The ground underfoot suddenly began to rock violently and the soft sighing of the wind intensified to a more urgent, almost human-like moaning. I could hear the sounds of crashing stones and snapping boards all around me as we dashed into the passageway.
We rushed forward, until we were beyond the area of buildings rearranging themselves. Looking back, the layout of the alleys and buildings behind us had completely changed

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
If my name was feminist bookstore from Portlandia... I'd tell people to just call me bookstore

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

misty mountaintop posted:

If my name was feminist bookstore from Portlandia... I'd tell people to just call me bookstore

I'd go by "from"

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
To get a better idea try this: focus on these words, and whatever you do don't let your eyes wander past the perimeter of this page. Now imagine just beyond your peripheral vision, maybe behind you, maybe to the side of you, maybe even in front of you, but right where you can't see it, the feminist bookstore from Portlandia is quietly closing in on you, so quiet in fact you can only hear it as silence. Find those pockets without sound. That's where it is. Right at this moment. But don't look. Keep your eyes here. Now take a deep breath. Go ahead, take an even deeper one. Only this time as you exhale try to imagine how fast it will happen, how angry the feminist bookstore from Portlandia is, how many times it will lecture you on microaggressions with its zines or are they diurnals?, don't worry, that particular detail doesn't matter, because before you have time to process that you should be moving, you should be running, you should at the very least be checking your privilege-you sure as hell should be closing this forum-you won't have time to even mansplain.

Don't look.

I didn't.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Welcome to the feminist bookstore
Such a lovely place, such a lovely face
Plenty of room at Portlandia's feminist bookstore
What a nice surprise
We kill cishet guys

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
"In my restless dreams,
I see that town.

Portland, OR

You promised me you'd take me
there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now...
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you... in the feminist bookstore from "Portlandia"

Message from Bar NEELEYS

There Was A FEMINIST BOOKSTORE Here, Its Gone Now

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
This is what I heard.

At one time the Buddha was staying in the Jeta Grove, near the city of Sravasti.
With him there was a community of 1,250 venerable monks and devoted disciples.

One day before dawn, the Buddha clothed himself, and along with his disciples took up his alms bowl and entered the city to beg for food door to door, as was his custom.
After he had returned and eaten, he put away his bowl and cloak, bathed his feet, and then sat with his legs crossed and body upright upon the seat arranged for him.

He began mindfully fixing his attention in front of himself, while many monks approached the Buddha, and showing great reverence, seated themselves around him.
After a time a most venerable monk named Subhuti, who was sitting in the congregation, rose from his seat.

He uncovered his right shoulder, placed his right knee on the ground, and as he joined his palms together he respectfully bowed and then addressed the Buddha:

“Most Honored One, It is truly majestic how much knowledge and wisdom your monks and disciples have been given through your most inspired teachings! It is remarkable that you look after our welfare so selflessly and so completely.”
“Most Honored One, I have a question to ask you. If sons and daughters of good families want to develop the highest, most fulfilled and awakened mind, if they wish to attain the Highest Perfect Wisdom, what should they do to help quiet their drifting minds and help subdue their craving thoughts?”

The Buddha then replied: "The Feminist Bookstore from Portlandia is angry."

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
The new unwanted book disposal facility on Portland's feminist bookstore was attacked and captured by next-generation special forces being led by members of CIS-hound.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Kelp Me! posted:

George Carlin was also the conductor on Thomas the Tank Engine

really makes you think

so do you mean Shining Time Station or do you mean Thomas the Tank Engine

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

it's too bad it didn't spawn a towel and some cleaner to wipe off all those greasy fingerprints and meat blood drippings.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Maybe if they threw in some Dean Coontz papah backs amongst their current stock they would make some moh money

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

owns

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
did we get them

did we put the feminist bookstore from portlandia on tilt

did SA claim ANOTHER victim

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

I spelled masculinist on mine and a glory hole appeared in the fridge!

got a sloppy one from a hot chick

turned out to be a dude

he was real cold so Iet a bro hit the showers

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
and the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
and a dark wind blows.

The government is corrupt
and we're on so many drugs
with the radio on and the curtains drawn.

We are trapped in the belly of this horrible feminist bookstore
And the bookstore is bleeding to death.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

it's too bad it didn't spawn a towel and some cleaner to wipe off all those greasy fingerprints and meat blood drippings.

Its not meat blood drippings. Any vessel occupied with the spirit of the feminist bookstore becomes stained by a different source of blood drops.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Buckets posted:

The car's on fire and there's no driver at the wheel
and the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides
and a dark wind blows.

The government is corrupt
and we're on so many drugs
with the radio on and the curtains drawn.

We are trapped in the belly of this horrible feminist bookstore
And the bookstore is bleeding to death.

loving :five:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

nigga crab pollock posted:

a shameful probation

A gbs 1.0 probation.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Aye, aye! It was that accursed feminist bookstore from Portlandia that razeed me; made a poor pegged lubber of me for ever and a day!" Then tossing both arms, with measureless imprecations he shouted out: "Aye, aye! and I'll chase that feminist bookstore from Portlandia round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perdition's flames before I give it up. And this is what ye have shipped for, men! to chase that feminist bookstore from Portlandia on both sides of land, and over all sides of earth, till it spouts black ink and rolls bricks out."

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Seven years, seven years since the fall of the patriarchs.

The world since the feminist book store began its crusade for authoritarian equality was an unrecoverable flaccid sea of cuckoldry.

It began with subtle cuts at the foundation of the patriarchy.

Masterful tweets and blog pages filled with deconstructive social analysis met their targets with unprecedented precision.

Soon it was demanded that all cultural expression conform to a feminist narrative.

This at first was insufficient to degrade the rigid foundation of which the poo poo lord empire was built.

But as stones of the shore break to thousands of waves over thousands of years, the once proud and firm spires of the Grand Patriarchy grew limp and soft.

The power that once only infested the digital space was brought into its physical manifestation once the feminist book store opened its doors.

It was not long before all biological gender was legally eliminated, soon after sexual reassignment surgery was mandatory.

With men excluded from positions of power; central support for educational disciplines outside of the humanities evaporated, with the sciences deemed an uninteresting preoccupation of the oppressor, innovation slowed and what remained of society began to slip backwards.

Science fiction and other 'masculine cultural relics' were prohibited, and eventually the world was consumed by darkness.

The age of the blue pill had begun.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 2, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
He gazed up at the enormous face. Six years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden inside those dark oak doors. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved the feminist bookstore from Portlandia.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

FactsAreUseless posted:

There's actually lots of people making jokes ITT, try it sometime!

you mean these search/replace "feminist bookstore" in famous novel intros and such

hahaha

new gbs :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

skeevy achievements posted:

you mean these search/replace "feminist bookstore" in famous novel intros and such

hahaha

new gbs :smug:

hey, i make no bones about how lovely i am at being funny. :colbert:

• Locked thread