Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

skeevy achievements posted:

you mean these search/replace "feminist bookstore" in famous novel intros and such

hahaha

new gbs :smug:

Hey, I changed more than that, rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

you mean these search/replace "feminist bookstore" in famous novel intros and such

hahaha

u mad about it? Mad like a certain feminist bookstore I could mention?

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
skeevy acheivements is angry, probably because of something Portlandia did.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I live every waking moment in abject terror of an uncertain future and my own inevitable failure to live up to my own standards, both moral and professional, and yet I am reminded that at the very least I will never turn out like the feminist bookstore from Portlandia.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

skeevy achievements from Something Awful is angry!

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
I wonder if the feminist bookstore from Portlandia sells books on how to make artisanal monkey cheese lol

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Junkfist posted:

I wonder if the feminist bookstore from Portlandia sells books on how to make artisanal monkey cheese lol

Yeah probably next to the books on how to plug up your weeping vagina haha

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
The feminist bookstore from Portlandia would never stoop to gendered insults.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

hahaha

Hey man, we here at ultimate gbs take our creative writing seriously, an it is really offensive for us to hear critiques of our stories that aren't constructive, that said we also believe in your right to say hurtful things.

Please don't kill yourself because that would hurt those that love you, which is a lot of people, me included. Let's gently caress. My place or yours? #gay

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

hahaha

I know right? Nobody has even posted the Krusty meme and empty quoted it 136 times.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

hahahahaha so good

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Junkfist posted:

The feminist bookstore from Portlandia would never stoop to gendered insults.

Vagina is not an insult and weeping is to be commended as a disruption of patriarchal suppression of emotion.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit
My vagina is weeping constantly, for the plight of women in the third world (Mississippi). Jealous? Angry? You should be joining it, at the feminist bookstore from Portlandia.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

hahaha

Maybe the feminist bookstore from Portlandia was inside us all along! :)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the final boss of portland is the feminist bookstore from portlandia

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

Soup du Journey posted:

hahahahaha so good

jajajajaja

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Feminism is for Everybody in alley this morning, footprint on broken spine. Portland is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of cis scum and when the drains finally scab over, all the men will drown. The accumulated filth of all their patriarchy and microaggressions will foam up about their waists and all the gender antagonists and transmisogynists will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "The feminist bookstore from Portlandia is angry."

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
A weeping vagina is a wet vagina

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Feminism is for Everybody in alley this morning, footprint on broken spine. Portland is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of cis scum and when the drains finally scab over, all the men will drown. The accumulated filth of all their patriarchy and microaggressions will foam up about their waists and all the gender antagonists and transmisogynists will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper "The feminist bookstore from Portlandia is angry."

:vince:

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Blitter posted:

The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

“It’s not like I’m a feminist,” Case heard someone say, as he shouldered his way through the crowd around the door of the feminist bookstore from Portlandia. “It’s like my body’s developed this massive feminist deficiency.” It was a feminist bookstore from Portlandia voice and a feminist bookstore from Portlandia joke.

They set the feminist bookstore from Portlandia on Turner's trail in Stepford, slotted it to his pheromones and the size of his dick. It caught up with him on a street called CisHet and came scrambling for his rented BMW through a forest of pale white legs and tennis socks. Its core was a kilogram of recrystallized estrogen and flaked PMS.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

reality: a man falls through the earth and into a Portlandian bookstore. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of feminists grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried critical theory"

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
That's my secret, cap. I'm always the feminist book store from Portlandia.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
Cry "cis scum" and let slip the dogs of the feminst bookstore from Portlandia.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

bag em and tag em posted:

I know right? Nobody has even posted the Krusty meme and empty quoted it 136 times.

What sphinx of cement and aluminum bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
We're standing here by the abyss and the world is in flames
Two star-crossed lovers reaching out to the Feminist Bookstore from Portlandia

Xe is
Xe's the shining and the light without whom I cannot see
And Xe is
Insurrection, Xe is spite, Xe's the force that made me be
Xe is
The Feminist Bookstore from Portlandia
Xe is

We're hiding here inside a dream and all our doubts are now destroyed
The guidance of the morning stars will lead the way into the void
Xe is
Xe's the shining and the light without whom I cannot see
And Xe is
Insurrection, Xe is spite, Xe's the force that made me be
Xe is
The Feminist Bookstore from Portlandia
Xe is

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

:golfclap:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all the contents of the feminist bookstore from Portlandia. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the patriarchy, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of cishet microaggressions will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I met a genderqueer from an antique land
Xe said: “Two patriarchal legs of stone
Stand in the desert . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The cis that mocked them, and the het that fed:
And on the pedestal these words appear:
‘My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The feminist bookstores from Portlandia stretch far away.”

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Nu-nu-gbs is the comedy equivalent of the feminist book store from Portland.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
The scene in Tremors where a graboid bursts into the Gummers' rec room, but it's the feminist bookstore from Portlandia instead.

Its door opens, and a snakelike tongue with purple hair and giant glasses grabs Michael Gross by the leg, but Reba McEntire shoots its off.

They throw video games and cartoon frogs at it until it dies.

"BROKE INTO THE WRONG GODDAMN MAN CAVE, DIDN'T YOU, YOU BASTARD!!!"

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Dr. Lariat posted:

Nu-nu-gbs is the comedy equivalent of the feminist book store from Portland.

So it's the comedy equivalent of nu-metal?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in need of an angry feminist bookstore from portland.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
In the Year of Olga, twenty-three-forty-nine, Moon and Dan returned to Rocky Top Mountain. Edentulous and withered with years, they sought refuge above the ten-thousand-foot level where the feminist bookstore from Portlandia couldn't reach. In this, the third millennium, Earth was avocado and peaceful. Avocado, because all land photosynthesized; and peaceful, because humanity was evolving into the four-toed Feminist - the complacent hive citizen.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In Portlandia did Armisen
A decent sketchcom did decree:

(gently caress it. it's six in the morning and i really should be doing something better with the time i have walking this plane of misery and disappointment, so let's just save time and assume the punchline would have been the feminist bookstore from portlandia)

edit: and being angry. because we can't forget that. portlandia, feminist bookstore, angry. in that order, like that one round from where in the world is carmen sandiego.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
so much depends
upon

the feminist bookstore from
portlandia

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
gentrifiers.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

In Portlandia did Armisen
A decent sketchcom did decree:

(gently caress it. it's six in the morning and i really should be doing something better with the time i have walking this plane of misery and disappointment, so let's just save time and assume the punchline would have been the feminist bookstore from portlandia)

edit: and being angry. because we can't forget that. portlandia, feminist bookstore, angry. in that order, like that one round from where in the world is carmen sandiego.

you really brought that one home my man gj

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Imagine the movie Maximum Overdrive, only instead of trucks it's the angry feminist bookstore from Portlandia.

It still has a giant Green Goblin face, though.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the feminist bookstore from Portlandia

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so cold
and so hairy

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
code:
Portlandia ’s
defunct
               who used to
               ride a watersmooth-silver
                                                                  feminist bookstore
and break onetwothreefourfive patriatchiesjustlikethat
                                                                                                     Jesus

he was a woman 
                                                  and what i want to know is
how do you like your sketch-comedy show
Fred Armisen

Sex Falcon
Jun 4, 2013

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
I'm a cishet white guy and I have visited this store. Their book selection was a bit out of date but it was a chill place full of nice people and no one tried to burn all the men or anything.

However, Powells is the best and you can make loud, public dick jokes in there if you really want but everyone will still think you're a prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Falcon
Jun 4, 2013

:parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

glowstick party tonight posted:

so much depends
upon

the feminist bookstore from
portlandia

glazed with rain
water