Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

You can take the blue pill, kowtow to the right and hold onto power but eventually lose it...
Or you can take the red pill and go out in a blaze of glory clinging to your convictions, whatever they maybe.....

Give me the blue pill mystical black fella..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
A formidable effort, and I hope to see more OPs from you in future, but I will have to mark you down for not including Barnaby's bizarre facial blemishes in your pic. Cost you a HD. 8/10.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

:stonk:

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Unfortunately the blue pill was taken off the PBS as part of the last Free Trade Agreement.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I'm gay.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Fark, October already.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
thread reminder that australia sux

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Recoome posted:

thread reminder that australia sux

imagine being an australian, wow

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Graic Gabtar posted:

Fark, October already.

I was wondering why the thread closed. I was not expecting a new month.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

good op

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
whitewashing morpheus, typical of australia really

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Countdown till meltdown

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Australia get in the bin

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

sick of Applebees posted:

Australia get in the bin

Yeah, nah.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
Maaaaate

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I demand a royal commission into where the gently caress September went.

EDIT: Also into daylight savings, because it's literally the worst thing in those few hours where it actually matters.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Why do we even bother? OP sucks. Ban OP, Gas Australia :australia:

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
What if it told you Australia is actually cool + good for the most part?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I'd say you were right, it's the people that are the problem.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Caloundra Music Festival has been great the last few days, Australia gets a reprieve until Tuesday.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Things that are cool and good and Australia should be proud of:
  • Beautiful and abundant natural landscapes
  • Survived and even grew during the GFC
  • Punch far above our weight in the Olympics
  • Universal public healthcare
  • Amazing beaches
  • Government agencies dedicated to workplace negotiations and bank regulation
  • Relatively well-off, first world standard of living
  • Got a little sidekick buddy New Zealand
  • Preferential voting, independent AEC, regular electoral redistribution
  • Laid back, care-free national character
  • Delicious pie floaters (only applicable to some Australians)
  • Not being the United States

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
Julie Bishop on Insiders has the facial colour of Donald Trump.

She must either be sick, or extremely tired to have that much makeup on live TV. In fact she does look extremely tired, one can only hope she has internal conflicts preventing her from sleeping!

*Nothing wrong with heavy makeup application, much wrong with Asbestos Bishop.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

AgentF posted:

Things that are cool and good and Australia should be proud of:
  • Beautiful and abundant natural landscapes Check out the Hunter Valley sometime, and the open cut mining
  • Survived and even grew during the GFC okay
  • Punch far above our weight in the Olympics smokescreen
  • Universal public healthcare could be better
  • Amazing beaches can't disagree
  • Government agencies dedicated to workplace negotiations and bank regulation lol bank regulation
  • Relatively well-off, first world standard of living nice work using the US metric of capitalism strong
  • Got a little sidekick buddy New Zealand who is better than us
  • Preferential voting, independent AEC, regular electoral redistribution can't complain
  • Laid back, care-free national character loving lmao
  • Delicious pie floaters (only applicable to some Australians)
  • Not being the United States we basically are

AgentF
May 11, 2009
I knew it would be easy to do a point-by-point to make it seem like that's all worthless but it's still a list of good stuff and no amount of "we're basically America" makes us actually America until we're there.

Thanks for not bagging out pie floaters though.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

The gently caress is a pie floater?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

AgentF posted:

I knew it would be easy to do a point-by-point to make it seem like that's all worthless but it's still a list of good stuff and no amount of "we're basically America" makes us actually America until we're there.

Thanks for not bagging out pie floaters though.

Your list pretty much applies to Canada too, minus the preferential voting and NZ. And whatever the gently caress a pie floater is.

Im glad we have such cool, like minded people to go down the economic shitter with. :australia::hf::canada:

cheese-cube posted:

The gently caress is a pie floater?

I googled it:
Pea soup with a meat pie tossed into it then covered in ketchup.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cleretic posted:

I demand a royal commission into where the gently caress September went.

EDIT: Also into daylight savings, because it's literally the worst thing in those few hours where it actually matters.

Look we went to September with a mandate and you have to respect the wishes of the people.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

e:Don't mind me.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

:chloe:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

"ketchup" ?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

BBJoey posted:

"ketchup" ?

I guess you guys call it tomato sauce?

My Australian friend moved back to Australia so you will have to forgive my ignorance on this if its that far off since I dont have anyone to refer these questions to anymore. :(

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Ketchup is actually different to tomato sauce here, its generally tomato sauce, not ketchup used (I'm not sure of the difference, only seen it on supermarket shelves).

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

ewe2 posted:

Ketchup is actually different to tomato sauce here, its generally tomato sauce, not ketchup used (I'm not sure of the difference, only seen it on supermarket shelves).

Yeah they're definitely different here, made differently with quite different tastes.

Also refer all your Australia related questions to us, we love answering questions.

tough stains
May 23, 2007

Desire gets the upper hand over insight and foresight and the results are often needless entanglement.

hooman posted:

Yeah they're definitely different here, made differently with quite different tastes.

Also refer all your Australia related questions to us, we love answering questions.

Furnaceface posted:

Your list pretty much applies to Canada too, minus the preferential voting and NZ. And whatever the gently caress a pie floater is.

Im glad we have such cool, like minded people to go down the economic shitter with. :australia::hf::canada:

I googled it:

Tomato sauce goes on the pie not in the soup

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Don't gotta be high cuisine to be delicious. With that said I'll still avoid a Chiko Roll.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

more like pie floating out to sea

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

AgentF posted:

Don't gotta be high cuisine to be delicious. With that said I'll still avoid a Chiko Roll.

I remember having a Chiko Roll as a kid and really hating it, but I have no memory of what it actually tasted like.

On the other hand, I can vividly remember slightly light-bleached ads for Chiko Rolls hanging in multiple locally-owned fish and chip shops, all of which were basically just pinups. I'm okay with that being my memory of Chiko Rolls.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Soggy fried dough wrapped around sad unidentifiable fillings.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My faint memory of chiko rolls is that they are kind of like a lovely spring roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Cleretic posted:

I remember having a Chiko Roll as a kid and really hating it, but I have no memory of what it actually tasted like.

On the other hand, I can vividly remember slightly light-bleached ads for Chiko Rolls hanging in multiple locally-owned fish and chip shops, all of which were basically just pinups. I'm okay with that being my memory of Chiko Rolls.

Chiko roll posters that look like they've been hanging there since the 80s and a faded chart of Australian seafood are how you tell if a fish and chip shop is any good :colbert:

• Locked thread