Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Youtube does have a loop feature. It's hidden in the right-click(or possibly double-right-click) menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
You're both wrong https://youtu.be/Xg2eYFNSPBU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Help Im Alive posted:

I would argue this is today's theme tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNnkq-vbZuI

e: why do people extend every video game song on youtube to 15/30 minutes

Never have I owned a game that I played so much and progressed through so little.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Quest For Glory II posted:

black mirror 2 was p good except for the ending but holy crap is it just impossible for an adventure game to have a not-irritating protagonist??? this one had a Baaaah-stonian 20 year old prick

The ending may be bullshit, but they actually do follow up on it in BM3 and the series gets a good conclusion

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lobok posted:

Never have I owned a game that I played so much and progressed through so little.

I beat GnG followed by Super in a day once, I had way to much loving free time as a kid.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sakurazuka posted:

I beat GnG followed by Super in a day once, I had way to much loving free time as a kid.

:stare: th-the power ...!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Sakurazuka posted:

Looking at a YouTube playthrough it seems like I got farther than I thought, but yeah I don't recognize that final boss one bit.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hello everyone. My manager just got way more serious about phone usage, so my job's gonna be lovely now.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

1060 report:

i played SOMA for an hour. ran at 60fps while i recorded at 720p very nice, mwah chef kiss. only 18% gpu load, 60 degrees celsius. my 7850 would probably have cooked up to 87-90C on 90% load with that game and crashed. hooray

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Quest For Glory II posted:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:(

With him having figured out his health issues and getting that sweetass tattoo I thought he was about to get to work on a new project. I hope he has a happy retirement though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
In honor of spooky halloween time, here is a video of a game I played once (literally just once) when I was 3 and never again because the death sound scared me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfFf6zoBk_k&t=206s

It should take you to around 3:26. If not, go to 3:26 and just watch.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Jesus :stare:
That startled me even as a grown rear end man

That's some hi fi screaming they managed to fit in there

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
in the spirit of the holiday I decided to do the scariest thing imaginable and teach a class of undergrads for the first time

now for some Luigi's Mansion decompression

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sweet jesus, I wonder what the McDonald's clientele will be like today.

I work at McDonald's, you see.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Looper posted:

in the spirit of the holiday I decided to do the scariest thing imaginable and teach a class of undergrads for the first time

And today I'm realizing that the real scary thing is grading a bunch of first-year assignments on a rubric that badly needs to be updated because it isn't comprehensive enough. Going to be a hell of a week!

One of the games I found scary as a kid was The 7th Saga, probably because the dungeons were dark and some of the enemy designs were lovecraftian body horror monstrosities. Now that I'm an adult I realize that these designs actually kick rear end.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Another month, another time I manage to lose the thread about halfway through and never catch up. Didn't even get to read everyone fighting over the Switch yet. Who's sniping next month?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are some good November gaming puns?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nintember??

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Happy Thanksgaming?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I once found a game called Dracula in London on a shareware cd, it was a board game where the players were characters from the book and would take turns investigating places in town looking for Dracula's coffin. When you actually entered a location looking for him it would change to be like a turn based rpg and players could move their characters around the place individually. Every time I found Dracula awake I would try to fight him which usually didn't go well.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Japan celebrates Thanksgiving?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

It's hard to hold a candle/ in the cold November games (thread)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Planet Coaster is coming out in november

>:] F yeah!!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Final Fantasy XV and Pokemon are out next month and they will both be v good

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another

Accordion Man posted:

The fight with The Tower of Sauron had like the inklings of a potentially really cool fight.

The boss fight with Sauron in the DLC was what the boss fight in the main game should have been. Great combination of mechanics in game, real shame that most people missed it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Remember Remember The Games of November.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

NaNoGameOn

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the November Entertainment System

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

UnquietDream posted:

The boss fight with Sauron in the DLC was what the boss fight in the main game should have been. Great combination of mechanics in game, real shame that most people missed it.

Yeah I'm glad I got the GOTY edition because that Sauron fight was the real deal. Except for the animal-taming, that fight really felt like you needed all of the skills you'd learned and didn't up-end the play style or toss in new, one-time only mechanics.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

"The real winner of the November 8th U.S. Presidential Election will be us, the gamers" - Nate Silver

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Our national nightmare is over, Final Fantasy Versus 13 is released.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

nate silver the hedgehog

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Which candidate is most likely to ensure that Pokemon become real? Obama made lots of promises back in 2008, and overall I'm disappointed

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Which candidate is most likely to ensure that Pokemon become real? Obama made lots of promises back in 2008, and overall I'm disappointed

Excuse me I think you'll find that Pokemon Go was released in the year 2016 of Brock Obama's league reign.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pokemon Go is a step forward yes but wholly lacklustre, like Obamacare

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Black Friday Cyber Monday Hype Train

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think the choice for November is 'But the future refused to change.'

Alternately, 'Please stop trying to make Cyber Monday a thing.'

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Hillary said she's trying to figure out how to get people to 'pokemon go to the polls'

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Sweet jesus, I wonder what the McDonald's clientele will be like today.

I work at McDonald's, you see.

When you get off of your crummy shift, you should add a handsome LawfulWaffle to your XCom squad. It's a great way to reduce stress and unwind, from my experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Jay Rust posted:

Conclusive evidence that Pokemon are real and running for president:

• Locked thread