Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

You can skip them but it shouts at you

lol it's 2016 and game devs are still mad that people skip their cutscenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Kirby Superscare! posted:

I have not played Quantum Break. Most games I've played with the word Quantum in the title have been pretty poor.

Quantum Conundrum wasn't that bad.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

MinibarMatchman posted:

has anyone played Vermintide, it looks like a fun L4D-esque game to play with friends, comes out on PS4 tomorrow
I only played it during a free weekend but the loot system made me never want to touch it again. If you can stand or even enjoy a tacked on random loot system and still have room in you for Literally More Left 4 Dead then you'll probably like it.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Palpek posted:

Yes, yes and no. I'm reading that it's not a bad game but not exceptional either. People are saying that it's repetitive and too linear but that the powers are cool and that choices matter.

You'll probably like the game but be bored to tears and/or roll your eyes out of your head at the live action stuff.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

You know, it's totally OK to only play 7 chords in your entire life. Legendary punk and folk artists have carved decades-spanning careers using even less than that.

But I mean I don't think she even needs the guitar. Nobody is gonna care if she remembers to go to D when she rhymes "Layton's British" with "Yaoi fetish".

This one's even worse in that regard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuXHGIMS5H8

Phantasium posted:

lol it's 2016 and game devs are still mad that people skip their cutscenes.

What's worse, devs being mad that people skip their story or devs being mad that people post their story to youtube

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I mean king of fighters of all things blocks recording of everything constantly and fucks up any videos I try to Share on ps4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why would anyone skip cutscenes on their first time playing a game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

because the cutscenes in quantum break are full-length live-action television episodes

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

I mean king of fighters of all things blocks recording of everything constantly and fucks up any videos I try to Share on ps4

Nearly the entirety of Tales of Zestiria is blocked from recording, the only thing you can make videos out of is the dumb little challenge rooms they made for each character.

Help Im Alive posted:

I dunno I did that for Mighty No. 9 (and turning off the voices and the mid-mission text dialog) and ended up actually enjoying it a little so there's use cases.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

have you ever played Gyromancer, because hoo boy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

It's the best way to play a Borderlands game

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CJacobs posted:

It's the best way to play a Borderlands game
They aren't skippable.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

chumbler posted:

Bowser is in the prime of his youth. Being in his 20s is easily believable. He works with Kammy Koopa because he doesn't have a discriminatory bone in his body.
But Bowser has like ten biological kids, he's got be in his thirties at the very least.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

Says a person who has never played Metal Gear Solid 4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

precision posted:

Says a person who has never played Metal Gear Solid 4

I think I've beaten that game more than 20 times

I watched all the cutscenes on maybe 3 of those playthroughs

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Accordion Man posted:

But Bowser has like ten biological kids, he's got be in his thirties at the very least.

It's one now.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

oddium posted:

because the cutscenes in quantum break are full-length live-action television episodes

I still can't believe this happened.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

They aren't skippable.

Every cutscene is skippable if you have a nice book or some exercise equipment. Even HL2's dialogue rooms are no match for pure indifference.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tunahead posted:

Every cutscene is skippable if you have a nice book or some exercise equipment. Even HL2's dialogue rooms are no match for pure indifference.

"10 cool hacks to alt-Tab your life"

Thanks for helping me meet my deadline :v:

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
I was so glad I learned you could skip dialogue in Skyrim by sprinting into people before I got to the later cutscenes

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FactsAreUseless posted:

They aren't skippable.

Hell yeah they are. If you delete the voice file pack from the game directory it just skips all the dialogue seamlessly. I was actually pretty surprised that the game runs completely without issue that way, I thought it'd break horribly but it didn't.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 3, 2016

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Dr. Fetus posted:

It's one now.

One that he doesn't deny.

But we know the truth. We know.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

maybe it's because my first mario was 64 but the koopa kids just are not appealing in any way. bowju is super cute though, top tier mario character

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

they peaked with waluigi

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Every time I see a clip of RE6, I think "that looks pretty sweet, how could they gently caress it up that bad?" I'm getting perilously close to buying it to find out. I wonder if games like The Order and No Man's Sky are actually market research to see if people will buy games just to see for themselves "how bad could it be?"

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RE6 is a really good game desperately being shoved into a locker by a bad one.

Just don't start with Leon's campaign no matter how tempting.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sakurazuka posted:

RE6 is a really good game desperately being shoved into a locker by a bad one.

Just don't start with Leon's campaign no matter how tempting.

This is a pretty good description of it, RE6 could have been good but then it just wasn't because t('_'t)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RE6 is a good core game tied to bad level design.

That is why mercenaries works because it's JUST the core gameplay without any of the rest.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

RE6 is a good core game tied to bad level design.

That is why mercenaries works because it's JUST the core gameplay without any of the rest.

Yeah the gameplay itself is fun when it isn't tied to a Bad Setpiece Torture Rack

I would say the price of a used disc is worth it just for Mercenaries

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

I played RE6 with a friend expecting it to be at least as fun as co-op RE5, but it doesn't even come close. It has some really serious pacing issues and it's too god drat long for its own good. I just finished the first RE: Revelations and it is a lot better than both games despite being designed for a portable console.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Hell yeah they are. If you delete the voice file pack from the game directory it just skips all the dialogue seamlessly. I was actually pretty surprised that the game runs completely without issue that way, I thought it'd break horribly but it didn't.
Woah, that's amazing. Does it work in BL2?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I heard REvelations 2 starts bad but gets good, is it anywhere close to the quality of the first?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I got RE6 at the recommendation of a friend who somehow enjoys the story and I gave up on it because the shaky cam made the keyboard controls feel extra weird.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

oddium posted:

maybe it's because my first mario was 64 but the koopa kids just are not appealing in any way. bowju is super cute though, top tier mario character

Only people who read the comic in nintendo power can understand

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

tap my mountain posted:

I got RE6 at the recommendation of a friend who somehow enjoys the story and I gave up on it because the shaky cam made the keyboard controls feel extra weird.

Don't play console games with a keyboard

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

precision posted:

I heard REvelations 2 starts bad but gets good, is it anywhere close to the quality of the first?

it's ok for a lower budget RE game where all the guns have zero loving weight and feel like popguns and the enemies move like they're underwater. It's hard to recommend Either Revelations games when REmake, RE4, or even RE5 exist on current gen consoles.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Woah, that's amazing. Does it work in BL2?

Yes, it works for all the BL2 games/expansions/spinoffs, dunno if it works for Borderlands 1. If you ever wanna try it, the file to delete is "Audio_Streaming.pck" in steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\WillowGame\CookedPCConsole\English(US)\

It makes borderlands 2 into the perfect chillout game

precision posted:

Revelations 2 the best Resident Evil game there's been in years.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 3, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Help Im Alive posted:

Is anyone buying Playstation VR
I did

*money flushing sound*

Trying to decide if I want to preorder battlezone as well to get the Prime $10 off or just forget about it til it comes out as a Plus game in a year

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MinibarMatchman posted:

it's ok for a lower budget RE game where all the guns have zero loving weight and feel like popguns and the enemies move like they're underwater. It's hard to recommend Either Revelations games when REmake, RE4, or even RE5 exist on current gen consoles.

I liked the first Revelations much more than REmake and 5 though. Like much much more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

lets hang out posted:

Only people who read the comic in nintendo power can understand

I always hated the Super Mario Bros. 3 cartoon because the koopa kids had weird hosed up names.
I learned much later that this was because they didn't have names at all in the japanese SMB3 manual and the cartoon was developed before the game came out in the US.
That cartoon still sucked though.

• Locked thread