Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

let me click right on that

i did and have no regrets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good lord Rediscover

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Youb should all play SOMA.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

net cafe scandal posted:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

SOMA is pretty good. I hope they go back to games with more involved gameplay though.

I dunno what to play this month... hmm.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

SOMA was cool. If I didn't already play it I weould have played it from reading this post

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm gonna download that anatomy game

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Has anyone else played condemned 1? I really liked it when I played on the 360 back in 2007, might replay it on PC.

Definitely gonna play Sh1 or 2 as well

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

beepstreet posted:

Has anyone else played condemned 1? I really liked it when I played on the 360 back in 2007, might replay it on PC.

Definitely gonna play Sh1 or 2 as well
I played it a couple of years ago and thought it kinda sucked tbh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

At which point does Silent Hill games start being bad? Im picking up the roms now for whenever I need a break from DQVII and the sun goes down

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

At which point does Silent Hill games start being bad? Im picking up the roms now for whenever I need a break from DQVII and the sun goes down

1-4 are all good, the general consensus Tier list being 2 > 3 > 1 > 4 but there all good. Then the non numbered ones well its weird with them.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

You play as a Girl in 3 and that on'es my favorite.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

5 is a solid game but lacks what makes the series stand out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

5 is a solid game but lacks what makes the series stand out

Is this the PSP game or the first 360 era game. Ive got 1-4 set up and then Ill decide if I wanna play more, I may start these tonight. Maybe I could stream SH1

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

360 gen one. it felt like it was trying to go in the direction of RE4 but still trying to placate SH fans w/ slow pacing and creepiness and it doesn't do either very well. also the first weapon you get is easily the best one and you just spam the one melee combo it has the entire game lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Is this the PSP game or the first 360 era game. Ive got 1-4 set up and then Ill decide if I wanna play more, I may start these tonight. Maybe I could stream SH1

You should def stream it

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

1-4 are all good yeah. 2 is a masterpiece but my personal fav is 3. The side games vary pretty wildly but none of them are 'great'. Shattered memories is good, there's one for the vita I've never played. Downpour is mediocre but it does something really cool story wise with the pyramid head concept and its otherworld design is entirely unique to the game. Absolutely do not play Homecoming

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Homecoming wasn't that bad. I thought it was kind of cool in some ways

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

i liked it more than condemned 2 but i played it when it came out.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

condemned 2 is epic but it has too many guns and the game ends with you screaming people to death

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

trying to jack off posted:

condemned 2 is epic but it has too many guns and the game ends with you screaming people to death

Too.... many... :stare: ??? Da gently caress bro.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the melee combat is the focus of the game and shooting guns feels like crap

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

alkso it makes the game less scary

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I thought the focus of the game was fukking up homeless people like a boss

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
woah... you're crazy man

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

I thought the focus of the game was fukking up homeless people like a boss

That's manhunt

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I forgot about manhunt

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

condemned is really dumb but the parts where you are sword fighting a ninja demon to save the world are really funny considering how the game starts

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Betrayer is a cool horror/stealth action game made by some of the monolith team that did fear and no one lives forever and is also only 5 bucks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training im setting it up now but ill be streaming Silent Hill in a bit now that the curtains are drawn and the night is an impenetrable dark

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/in_training im setting it up now but ill be streaming Silent Hill in a bit now that the curtains are drawn and the night is an impenetrable dark

Hell yeah

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sweet

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVNuEToTaZA

the VA for the main character of silent hill 2 did a full playthrough with commentary of the game, i've been meaning to watch all of it but if you're a big fan of that game you'll probably really enjoy this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Game clock says Im an hour in to SH1, enjoying it so far. I love the sound design and the camera work, the combat is clunky and actually kind of easy so far, its way less punishing than similarly designed games which I like because ive nevr been good at these kidns of games. its cool that they very clearly took a technical limitation of the PS1 with the terrible in-town draw distance and just said "thats part of the nightmare"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRIjNtSOwNM

I like how sick this opening is and how little it relates to the game ive been playing so far.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

i just remembered that call of cthulhu first person game, im going to play that too.

Just a heads up, there's some really bad bugs that pop up if you play it on a system newer than XP

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if in training is gonna do SH1 I'm gonna play and stream SH4 The Room starting tomorrow night sometime. It's the one I'm least familiar with but I think it's pretty underrated.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

if in training is gonna do SH1 I'm gonna play and stream SH4 The Room starting tomorrow night sometime. It's the one I'm least familiar with but I think it's pretty underrated.

Nice, I won't watch because I wanna play 1-4 but out of respect to the khantent I won't counter program my streams

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh for sure, I'll probably just end up doing it when you're not. And heads up if you decide to emulate 2 it runs very inconsistently but it could be my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
the labs in stalker were always really well done

• Locked thread