Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

i never liked silent hill 4 but at the same time i think the victim ghosts are the scariest enemies in the series. i can respect what they were trying to do with the game, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kongming posted:

i never liked silent hill 4 but at the same time i think the victim ghosts are the scariest enemies in the series. i can respect what they were trying to do with the game, though.

yeah, I agree the argument is strong that they went way too far with making the game frustrating to play. It's a shame because if it just had the mechanics from 2 and 3 carried over it would've been enjoyed by a lot more people.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

they found out a game that isnt fun to play isnt a good game even its intentional but its crazy that people are still going down that design route to this day lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

the games forums goons who insisted thatspec ops the line was supposed to be unfun and thats why it was good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
spec ops gameplay is boring 3rd person cover shooter. SH4 gets straight up frustrating to play lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Spec ops fans are my enemy

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

trying to jack off posted:

the games forums goons who insisted thatspec ops the line was supposed to be unfun and thats why it was good

I hate them.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I have an idea actually. Haha

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

:discourse:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Omg

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

drat... Well, I'll have to take your word for it. *leans back in my chair and looks at the ceiling fan in a daze* This is some heavy poo poo man... You put it like that it's like... just, wow you know... drat...

Lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Games > Games That Are Really Bad To Play And Unfun, But Are Good Because Of That
Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7...

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Still playing through RE4 on PC and the scariest part of the game is having to go back to using a controller after being spoiled by point-to-aim on the Wii version :negative:

Raymond Hog posted:

REmake is really good.

yep

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Still playing through RE4 on PC and the scariest part of the game is having to go back to using a controller after being spoiled by point-to-aim on the Wii version :negative:

yep

Why don't you just use KBM it works really well

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You could also go full blown badass and play by candlelight with a Wii controller

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Why don't you just use KBM it works really well

the mouse aim is real sluggish even at max sensitivity. also i could never find a keybinding that i liked as run or knife or something would always be in an awkward spot. basically the sequence of shoot guy in face, run up and kick him, stab him to death while he's on the ground needs to be effortless. it's not that playing it with a gamepad is bad, the aiming on the Wii version was just so precise with pointing that it almost feels like cheating in hindsight

still a dope game though, don't get me wrong

In Training posted:

You could also go full blown badass and play by candlelight with a Wii controller

man don't tempt me

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I'm going to be replacing my PS4's hard drive this weekend because I'm tired of deleting and reinstalling everything, so tomorrow's my last chance to replay PT.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[Lumpy the cook after smothering PT] I had to do it, I couldn't see you suffer any more!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

I mean, I've only played one game in the series, but it just dawned on me how insanely epic a Kojima/Del Toro silent hill game woulda been

Wasn't Junji Ito supposed to help too

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NickRoweFillea posted:

Wasn't Junji Ito supposed to help too

yes

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I should replay RE4. It's one of my favorites.

Siren beaten. Happy Halloween all

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

😞

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Shameful confession: I have never gotten past the fish monster in re4

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Dude it takes like thirty seconds

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm going to be replacing my PS4's hard drive this weekend because I'm tired of deleting and reinstalling everything, so tomorrow's my last chance to replay PT.

would deleting everything but pt and ebaying the hard drive soften the blow? i want imps to make some $$$ but dont' care enough to research this

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Only my PSN account can use it, right?

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i have no idea

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

C-Euro posted:

the mouse aim is real sluggish even at max sensitivity. also i could never find a keybinding that i liked as run or knife or something would always be in an awkward spot. basically the sequence of shoot guy in face, run up and kick him, stab him to death while he's on the ground needs to be effortless. it's not that playing it with a gamepad is bad, the aiming on the Wii version was just so precise with pointing that it almost feels like cheating in hindsight

still a dope game though, don't get me wrong

man don't tempt me

I found the mouse control to be precise to the point it almost took away from the challenge and I hate motion controls but to each his/her own

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
can any1 list some games that are a little scary or creepy but not outright horrifying. i suppose like resident evil

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
system shock 2 was not horror inducing but it was a little creepy
FEAR has some well done tense moments and other really laughable ones
yume nikki?
havent played pathologic yet but people tell me its unsettling

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pathologic and the Void are unsettling games because of their atmosphere and strange writing. They don't play very well though, void in particular has some cool ideas but the central control scheme has never worked properly for me so it's kinda annoying. Pathologic is getting a reimagination next year though so that could be sick

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
LSD is not much of a game to most and a lot of it can be weird enough i guess to be considered creepy.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh yeah if you dont mind gay indie poo poo mondo medicals and mondo agency are cool.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
mondo medicals is win

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

can any1 list some games that are a little scary or creepy but not outright horrifying. i suppose like resident evil

If you're into adventure games I Have No Mouth but I Must Scream is really good and on steam.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sanitarium is another good unsettling adventure game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://clips.twitch.tv/r4discover/CooperativeSharkPeoplesChamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull