Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erg
Oct 31, 2010

VostokProgram posted:

ive never seen the other show or w/e but after that first episode i can tell this is gonna rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Davincie posted:

people have complained about every single first episode of a working season

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yep, good. I like the rich girl and smoking mom the most.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
FYI, if you've never seen the original working and you like this: watch it.

It's freaking great.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I liked the first episode of this a lot and I'm gonna watch the original working now. It's the funniest show I've seen in a while so I'm excited for more.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Nate RFB posted:

Yep, good. I like the rich girl and smoking mom the most.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I had low confidence in this show from the first episode, but ep 2 was pretty drat funny. Looking good so far.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I was sympathizing with Yuuta after episode 1 but after episode 2 I hope Shiho drops more bowling balls on his hands.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
I wanna see more of Blondie and her baby.

They're cute as heck.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I hope ojou-sama and her blonde dumbass get hurled into the sun.

Girl who sees dead people is a highlight though.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Only the girl who sees dead people is interesting to me out of this cast. Maybe the rich girl/debt boy duo too. Baby was cute but not funny. Man is this a let down.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yuuta and Shiho presumably making up at some point in the story will be super warm and fuzzy. Until then, oh boy, better buckle up Yuuta my boy.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Super Jay Mann posted:

I was sympathizing with Yuuta after episode 1 but after episode 2 I hope Shiho drops more bowling balls on his hands.

I know, how dare he eat all her grass.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there's an after credits scene with more baby

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

This actually says "some years later"

"Yama wo haru/kakeru" is an idiom that means to guess at the specific questions that will show up on the test, and just going all in on that. It's also used more generally to refer to any large&risky gamble. It comes from the concept of someone wanting to open a mine without knowing where would be profitable to do so, so they'd pick a mountain (yama) that seemed like it might be a good spot and pour their capital into developing it, which could pay off big or leave them penniless.

So translating her "yama!" in the second image to "that's a lot!" isn't really accurate, nor does it make much sense when reading the subs imo.

:themoreyouknow:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This show is cool because its like that episode of Seinfeld with the bizarro cast but presumably like 2 seasons of that

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Is this supposed to be the same wagnaria restaurant but the other shift that was mentioned once or it is a different wagnaria

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Is this supposed to be the same wagnaria restaurant but the other shift that was mentioned once or it is a different wagnaria

I think its a different Wagnaria. Possible parallel universe, alternate history Wagnaria though?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It's the original Wagnaria

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

In Training posted:

I think its a different Wagnaria. Possible parallel universe, alternate history Wagnaria though?

Different Wagnaria branches, same setting, according to the author. Apparently there are some characters that show up in both (in the mangas anyway).

wikipediaより

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

takanashi and popura have already shown up!!

also in the sequel manga they just openly crossover, takanashi and inami meet the host dude and the ojousama while dating, single college mom meets yamada and satou etc

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Working!!! started out as a web manga, that was eventually spun off into a published manga with entirely different characters. The published one was adapted first, and now the web manga is getting its own show.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think its a Wagnaria that exists because Hitler won WWII.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
I was really confused when I started watching this as my memories of the original two seasons had gotten a bit muddy and all these new characters were similar yet different enough to the original cast that I wasn't sure what I was watching.
For a comparison I point to Minami-ke where the studio changed after the first season and everything just felt off.
Once I figured out that this wasn't just a ham-handed re-adaptation, things settled into place and I enjoyed it for what it is.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Amstrad posted:

I was really confused when I started watching this as my memories of the original two seasons had gotten a bit muddy and all these new characters were similar yet different enough to the original cast that I wasn't sure what I was watching.
For a comparison I point to Minami-ke where the studio changed after the first season and everything just felt off.
Once I figured out that this wasn't just a ham-handed re-adaptation, things settled into place and I enjoyed it for what it is.

There was actually a third season of the original anime, you should watch it! (and rewatch the first two seasons because they were great too)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I will begrudgingly accept Ghost Girl as the Yamada equivalent for this series.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

she has potential

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I just went back and watched the OPs of all three previous seasons, and wow. There's quite a dip in quality to this one, isn't there.

S1 set a pretty loving high bar though.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Mirage posted:

I just went back and watched the OPs of all three previous seasons, and wow. There's quite a dip in quality to this one, isn't there.

S1 set a pretty loving high bar though.

Yeah, that is probably my only gripe with this show. It's a dumb gripe to have, the op not being as his as the others. But it's all I have.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

On the other hand, I think I like the ED better than the OG Working ones.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
:same:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Araki posted:

On the other hand, I think I like the ED better than the OG Working ones.

if you don't love the disco EDs gtfo

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

This show is loving awesome

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Miyakoshi is best.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
i wish higashida the best of luck

with his rabies

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

who the gently caress gets up at 5 am....

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've had to for work before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Davincie posted:

who the gently caress gets up at 5 am....

Not me

I get up at 4

• Locked thread