Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
What are you talking about, that episode was amazing! We had Miyakoshi's mom, St. Valentine, Kisaki snarking about things, and an amusing if rather contrived misunderstanding. Wasn't quite as awesome as the prior episode, but it was still excellent quality as far as this version of Working goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Mostly, I think I was put off by how contrived and boring the misunderstanding was. But I won't stop others from enjoying. :)

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Adachi and Yuuta are cool dudes is what I think now after watching the twelfth episode of this serialized program.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Shiho was great this episode, very cutely disturbing. I wonder if there's more seasons left in this or if they're calling it quits? I hope the author does more zany normal life things- she apparently has a circus troupe manga but no signs of any animification of that. TBF though it'd be a little harder to relate to a circus troupe as opposed to fast food or office work.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I would watch more seasons of this cast

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Dangerous Person posted:

I would watch more seasons of this cast any of Karino Takatsu's works.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Once one of you mentioned it, I can't help but notice awkward phrasing and dialog which must be partly due to the translation.

The apartment conversion about who was dumping whom, from the latest episode, was a mess.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
One good thing about this show featuring more useless twentysomethings than useless teens is that the romantic intensity seems slightly higher than your average bunch of dumbass anime characters worrying about whether or not to smooch

Or at least that's how the latest episode made it feel

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That was pretty cute.

The translation has definitely been pretty subpar in general though.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Nate RFB posted:

That was pretty cute.

The translation has definitely been pretty subpar in general though.

The sad thing is since I don't actually speak Japanese, I can't tell if it's just the team that's working on www.Working!! is just bad, or if all of Aniplex is bad and the fact that the show is wordplay heavy is really pantsing them.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
That was a good ending.

The show overall kinda dipped in the middle but it was better than I expected it to be otherwise and I'll miss this particular cast of weirdos.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Good show. Pretty good ending too.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
In the end, I found myself really liking this show and wanting more of it.

Can't say I loved the ending, especially since it sort of permanently wrapped things up. I was , by that point, kind of sick of the "cooking" joke that dominated the season, but I would have liked to have seen more of the peanut gallery and Kisaki/Hime/Manager.

I'll be looking forwarrd to any sort of OVA they see fit to put out.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I feel like the lazy mom storyline had something I missed. Do we know something about the father? Was there some importance to get bangs?

Or was the joke "some people aren't related to your weird drama."

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Who's Hime's father? Inquiring minds gotta know! Although :lol: if it's Satou.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
If it's Satou it would've had to have been while he was in high school.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Having Miyakoshi go long hair was criminal.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I cropped together all the Hime/Raccoon eyecatches into one video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnO6_SJlZR4

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Angry Grimace posted:

Who's Hime's father? Inquiring minds gotta know! Although :lol: if it's Satou.

Going off this Korean wiki that has never led me astray yet, it might be Souma?

The wiki cites the following.
Hime's name (姫) combines the 女 from Kisaki (妃) and the 臣 from Hiroomi (博臣).
Kisaki fits the conditions for Souma's ideal woman (sadistic, blonde, busty, not Yamada).

Some other stuff that I don't have the time to read through at the moment.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

no, souma meets her in the crossover and she already has a kid then

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

no, souma meets her in the crossover and she already has a kid then

Ah, dang.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Apparently he was the father originally, in some comics posted on the author's website, but it was never mentioned in the serialized/official version and the author has since asked people to forget about those old strips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's all very confusing, what with the webtoons and serials and animes.

• Locked thread