Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
People on these forums are really biased towards favoring Servant x Service because the characters aren't high schoolers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
The three (or four depending on how you argue) are very central characters. The high school kids in SxS are very much not the direct focus of the plot.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Amstrad posted:

I was really confused when I started watching this as my memories of the original two seasons had gotten a bit muddy and all these new characters were similar yet different enough to the original cast that I wasn't sure what I was watching.
For a comparison I point to Minami-ke where the studio changed after the first season and everything just felt off.
Once I figured out that this wasn't just a ham-handed re-adaptation, things settled into place and I enjoyed it for what it is.

There was actually a third season of the original anime, you should watch it! (and rewatch the first two seasons because they were great too)

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Why does it have to be chocolate, why not pasta or something so simple no one can gently caress it up.

Alternatively don't put weird poo poo in, aren't most Anime Valentine Chocolates just regular chocolate melted and molded?

She feels compelled to be fancy because her mom's a professional cook, and she probably feels like using a recipe is cheating because her mom wings everything. She probably feels like people will look down on her if she tried cooking something simple too.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
And storng.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

i like her reason for punching guys more than inami's

Eh, she's tolerable in that respect. Rich girl kinda disgusts me though, she got really nasty with the dog food thing.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Load of the Takanashi

That was what the crunchyroll subtitles on the previous episode's preview called it for at least the first couple weeks.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
I thought it meant she was drunk at first but I don't think that's the actual explanation.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

This franchise medium seems to like having jerkass parents in general.

Counterpoint: Deku's mom in My Hero Academia, and the dad in Sweetness and Lightning.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
What are you talking about, that episode was amazing! We had Miyakoshi's mom, St. Valentine, Kisaki snarking about things, and an amusing if rather contrived misunderstanding. Wasn't quite as awesome as the prior episode, but it was still excellent quality as far as this version of Working goes.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Shiho was great this episode, very cutely disturbing. I wonder if there's more seasons left in this or if they're calling it quits? I hope the author does more zany normal life things- she apparently has a circus troupe manga but no signs of any animification of that. TBF though it'd be a little harder to relate to a circus troupe as opposed to fast food or office work.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
Good show. Pretty good ending too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
If it's Satou it would've had to have been while he was in high school.

• Locked thread