Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

All the characters seem good so far, I really liked the first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

z0glin Warchief posted:

It's a shame the "dad(tousan)'s company went bankrupt(tousan)" pun didn't translate very well.

Between this and Otoo-san, I think the author really likes dad puns.

z0glin Warchief posted:

I can't stop seeing Ojou's hairstyle as a short cut + some thing she's wearing on her shoulders:

:same:

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Super Jay Mann posted:

I was sympathizing with Yuuta after episode 1 but after episode 2 I hope Shiho drops more bowling balls on his hands.

I know, how dare he eat all her grass.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

On the other hand, I think I like the ED better than the OG Working ones.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

z0glin Warchief posted:

The translation is wrong in a bunch of places though, which is a shame. I picked out a few as examples, but this happens generally a few times each episode at least.

Aside from straight-up incorrect translations, the phrasing in the subtitles often feels weird and unnatural. In every episode so far, there have been a couple of lines that were so hard to parse that it distracted me, which doesn't happen with other shows.

Translation issues aside, I'm liking this less and less every episode, mainly because of the directing. The pacing of the jokes is often completely off, with awkwardly long pauses between setup and punchline. It's strange, because the original Working did not have this problem (or at least not as noticeable), and they're both by the same director.

• Locked thread