Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rare Magic card l00k posted:

He apparently had one fight in 2008. He lost due to being deducted three points, which is like unfathomable levels of not following rules.

Given how MMA reffing goes, this means he had to intentionally dick kick his opponent 18 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

So they're trying to get as much taped as possible while they temporarily have money?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Baron Corbyn posted:

So they're trying to get as much taped as possible while they temporarily have money?

and beat a hurricane.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I get the feeling Josh isn't exactly beloved by the talent either. On the other hand Dixie loves him and he's in her inner circle so I fully expect Borash to get fired in retaliation.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Theplan was always to tape 12 weeks of tv this week to see out the year. Expect people to get hurt.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Kid Kash was terrible/cool.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

I finally get it:

TNA is the wrestling equivalent of Doobie's Dog House

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

I get the feeling Josh isn't exactly beloved by the talent either. On the other hand Dixie loves him and he's in her inner circle so I fully expect Borash to get fired in retaliation.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jeeeeeesus what a dick

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

rovert posted:

Say "Brandon Sutter" next time you are straining taking a really big poo poo. Same voice.

No.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/JustinLaBar/status/783706620505260033

co-opted media is usually reliable

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
lateslip

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Orlando Jordan once slapped Josh Matthews and gave him a bloody nose so strong it spontaneously came back years later on RAW

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At this point who cares. Friday was TNA death day. I hope the E bought that loving library cheaper because of Dixie idiocy.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

upgrūv

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

If it's Corgans intention to rebrand the company he's going to have a slight problem with three months of tv in the can complete with the TNA logo all over it

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Skinty McEdger posted:

If it's Corgans intention to rebrand the company he's going to have a slight problem with three months of tv in the can complete with the TNA logo all over it

Actually that may work out to be a good thing. I assume he hasn't actually done the production work required to rebrand, so 3 months would give him time to have new graphics, belts, ring skirts, sets, etc made.

3 months might not even be enough time, who knows.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

They haven't filmed it yet, right? We could get a re-enactment of that nWo episode of Nitro where everyone smashes up the Impact zone and rebrands it Zwan Championship Wrestling.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

They haven't filmed it yet, right? We could get a re-enactment of that nWo episode of Nitro where everyone smashes up the Impact zone and rebrands it Zwan Championship Wrestling.

They did two big blocks of tapings Monday and Tuesday night

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
How old is the Grand Championship, anyway? This loving company.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/GallowaySpeaks/status/783459557347627008

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

The best part is ol' thin skinned rear end Josh must've been loving livid about it.

I originally read this as "ol' skinhead Josh".

There's still time that that can happen in a few weeks.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Dario the Wop posted:

How old is the Grand Championship, anyway? This loving company.

The first champion was crowned on Sunday

It replaced (but isn't a continuation of) the Legends/TV/King of the Mountain title after Lashley won the KOTM and through it in a trashcan.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

They did two big blocks of tapings Monday and Tuesday night

Yeah, they're taping every day through Saturday to fill up the rest of the year. 2016 is the end of TNA, whatever Corgan decides to call it starts next year.

Malikov
Jan 25, 2015
so they're losing the india deal aswell then

good job guys

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MEANWHILE IN TNAMECCA

quote:

If TNA sells the library to WWE I'm done with wrestling. My last love will end that day. I know is very dramatic but I would not handle seeing TNA in the network like other dying companies.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If they bought the library the TNA brand is dead right?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

exploding mummy posted:

The first champion was crowned on Sunday

It replaced (but isn't a continuation of) the Legends/TV/King of the Mountain title after Lashley won the KOTM and through it in a trashcan.

Every time I hear someone talk about something Bobby Lashley did over the past year it sounds really cool. Does it just sound that way or was it actually the case?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rick posted:

Every time I hear someone talk about something Bobby Lashley did over the past year it sounds really cool. Does it just sound that way or was it actually the case?

At one point he had won every male title in the company one by one, and he walked backstage and stopped near the Knockouts champ who turned around, saw him, and said "Don't even think about it"

That was genuinely one of my favorite televised moments of the year

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TNA had so many chances to rebrand when it actually would have helped over the years. Especially when they kicked all of the Impact Wrestling stuff into gear it seemed like a full-on rebrand was coming, but it was just TNA: Impact Wrestling.

This could be a good reset for people to run the company who actually give a poo poo. I have no high hopes, but find it hilarious that WWE wants the library and nothing else. It forces a hard reset no matter what, assuming the deal is real and goes through.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
https://twitter.com/brydertna/status/783739173983268864

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I love this company so drat much.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

MEANWHILE IN TNAMECCA

I don't know why you would hate it if you were them. The library gets sent to WWE to be put up on a great on demand service, the company gets money to piss away quick and you still get your dogshit product every week. You'd think it would be like a dream for them.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
the scoopsmiths would never lie to us
proof wrestling fans can be great

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ahahahahaha

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't know why you would hate it if you were them. The library gets sent to WWE to be put up on a great on demand service, the company gets money to piss away quick and you still get your dogshit product every week. You'd think it would be like a dream for them.

If they cared about good things do you think they would be watching TNA?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

#TNATNATNA

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
If WWE bought the TNA library, I hope that means 200 new episodes of Are You Serious

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I can only imagine what actually negotiating with TNA as a company must be like. I feel like every deal rumored has been close to happening and fallen through at the last second because Dixie refuses to accept that it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

I can only imagine what actually negotiating with TNA as a company must be like. I feel like every deal rumored has been close to happening and fallen through at the last second because Dixie refuses to accept that it's over.

Seriously, I'd kill to be a fly on the wall during those conversations.

• Locked thread