Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreatJob
Jul 6, 2008

You did a Great Job™!
Here's a week of Inktobers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
Here's a blood witch.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
...is she wearing crocs?

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

...is she wearing crocs?

yeah, easily the scariest thing in that drawing. Lots of nursing and healthcare staff wear crocs it turns out, the shoes are ugly but they're well-ventilated and easy to sanitize.

Arbor
Jun 9, 2010
6 7 and 8 of inktober.

I've been feeling a bit junky the last few days and it shows a bit, but I'm still truckin on.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

Arbor posted:

"I've been feeling a bit junky"

Oh yes can totally see that mm-hmmm yep :catstare:

Meanwhile deerhorror

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Inktober day 8 "Rock"

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
And day 9, a free draw

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
Witch 9.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

gmc9987 posted:

Witch 9.

Loving the last few witches.

Fell behind pretty spectacularly fast this year. Dammit.

Day #7

Lindy Hopscotch
Mar 30, 2010

You know the story about the scorpion and the frog?
encouraged by my friend to actually start and complete Inktober. Here is my catch up for the last few days.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
Thanks, SIgma 6.

day 10 - Wicked Witch.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've been doing Draw A Box for the past two weeks, and he insists on you using a pen, and it literally only just occurred to me that it fits into Inktober. So here's a supercut of the past couple of weeks:

Plenty of mistakes, but I've learned some lessons, and using just a pen really did help get past constantly tweaking things when using a pencil and never actually getting anything done.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Yesterday and today.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Didn't feel like starting a longer drawing today so I tried doing an ink sketch instead.

gmc9987 posted:

Thanks, SIgma 6.

day 10 - Wicked Witch.

Hag witches are the best witches.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 11, 2016

GreatJob
Jul 6, 2008

You did a Great Job™!

screaming marmot posted:

encouraged by my friend to actually start and complete Inktober. Here is my catch up for the last few days.

The mouse mage is ridiculously adorable!!!

More Inktobers from me:

Lindy Hopscotch
Mar 30, 2010

GreatJob posted:

The mouse mage is ridiculously adorable!!!

More Inktobers from me:

Thank you tons :3 I got infatuated with her and now wanna give her her own little slice of life story.

I really like these three from you; are you freehanding with pen/marker ? Ive done that with most of my inktobers (as in no pencil first->then inking). I think its helping me not worry so much about mistakes. When i work in pencil first i obsess to make sure each line is correct eughh

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

screaming marmot posted:

I think its helping me not worry so much about mistakes. When i work in pencil first i obsess to make sure each line is correct eughh

I just remind myself that the inked line is never going to look the same as the pencil line and will always be terrible

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
More witches. This one is a "Solar Witch."

felat
Apr 27, 2008

Halloween doodle.

Arbor
Jun 9, 2010

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Oh yes can totally see that mm-hmmm yep :catstare:

I've been calling that the sinbird because so many of those thick lines or dark blacks were done, or detail lines were added, JUST to hide tangents, lines gone nowhere that i meant for them to, or wobbly wobbly wobbly lines from sick-shakes.

I worked hard to hide the sins, but they're there. Hidden (hopefully) under the layers of ink.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I've been doing Draw A Box for the past two weeks, and he insists on you using a pen, and it literally only just occurred to me that it fits into Inktober. So here's a supercut of the past couple of weeks:

Plenty of mistakes, but I've learned some lessons, and using just a pen really did help get past constantly tweaking things when using a pencil and never actually getting anything done.

Drawing with a felt tipped pen for studies did more to improve my general line confidence and quality than anything else ever has. Keep it up.

Days 9, 10 and 11.

10 and 11 were done with a brush, which is new to me. I felt like it hid more of the wobbles than the pens did.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

^^^ So good! ^^^

Here is day 8 of Inktober. I am determined to catch up... but just my luck, I am catching the cold which seems to be going around.

Reanimator? If you like that, you might like "From Beyond". Same actor I believe.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 12, 2016

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

sigma 6 posted:

Reanimator? If you like that, you might like "From Beyond". Same actor I believe.

Yeah, I watched From Beyond the other night. It was fun, but I didn't like it quite as much as Re-Animator.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
Another day another witch - Candy Witch.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Playing Starbound! Here's my Floran. They're a species of carnivorous plant, got blooming flower-heads, love hunting and I want to hug them all.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Inktober day 9. Deadite from Evil Dead in ballpoint pen.

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
The prompt was "Pixie Sprite" which I wouldn't technically consider a witch but what can I do?

GreatJob
Jul 6, 2008

You did a Great Job™!

screaming marmot posted:

I really like these three from you; are you freehanding with pen/marker ? Ive done that with most of my inktobers (as in no pencil first->then inking). I think its helping me not worry so much about mistakes. When i work in pencil first i obsess to make sure each line is correct eughh

I'm doing guidelines for things like anatomy in pencil, but it's so scribbly and bad that I feel no remorse erasing it away after inking. I'm also doing little touchups digitally where I mess up since I mostly care about how each one looks, but still trying to keep these individually under one hour apiece.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
I'm butting my inktober into the witchoween today.

felat
Apr 27, 2008

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Inktober Day 11, Transport

Lindy Hopscotch
Mar 30, 2010

Todays Inktober from me:

gmc9987
Jul 25, 2007
Space Witch.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

Arbor
Jun 9, 2010
Inktober days 12, 13 and 14

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Oof, that's a beautiful bull.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

I loving love this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU