Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kind of a lame episode, where their starters are usually stronger. Eh it was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pretty cool historical callback I thought, though again the mystery aspect was a little weak so I think this might be a good season to end on. Any word on if Dormer's schedule is more open these days?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

First is meh, really enjoyed the second though!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Happy 100 episodes! I haven't seen the recent one but I will tonight. Excited!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I assume that they might have gotten Natalie Dormer back.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

I think I'm done with this show. It's pretty boring with nothing memorable since the stuff with kitty last year IMO.

Yeah, I still enjoy it but I think it needs to sell an arc this season, which it hasn't successfully done yet.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I think it's very possible that this is the last season, which is why it would be nice for Dormer to show up one last time at least.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The big finale needs Morland, Moriarty, and Clyde .

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Elementary is the wrong show to complain about it, since it's incredibly modest about using Moriarty.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kitty's confirmed to come back.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I thought this one worked well, glad to see it back!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Had a twist that involved tolling the statue of limitations on crimes, which is actually a pretty interesting notion but could have used a better episode to go with it. Not actively bad, just a boring episode. This season is really suffering for lack of an arc.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

It really seemed like the hostage situation was completely unnecessary. And are we supposed to think that they should have taken that guy's case sooner because it turned out to be more important? Because that's a terrible message - don't prioritise because sometimes things that seem unimportant are really important.

Well they didn't seem to regret it at all so apparently not. I mean, the assault ultimately wasn't that important of a crime on its own even if it did lead to the son's death, that part was incidental.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Same, I expect this is the last season so I'd like to see them really nail it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I thought the day-to-day mission was a pretty good example of what Elementary does well this time around. A lot of the cases are based on news stories, this is sort of based on three contemporary issues? I thought it was well done. Tired of Shinwell though.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I actually really like that a lot of the motivations are extremely credible and prosaic.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yeah, nothing about it was obviously wrong re: videogames, which is kind of incredible for a procedural.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

Was there an IRL reason he had to shave his head?

Trainspotting 2.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Eh, I really liked it

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I liked that ep. Had a good fun romp and the bad guy wasn't immediately clear.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Elementary does really, really good "follow the money" episodes, and this was probably their best at that yet.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Weird as it sounds, I actually appreciated that this week's involved a killer you don't meet until the end. That should happen sometimes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The announcement would probably come in March, like last year.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Apparently we better hope for renewal because this season is said to end on a cliffhanger.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Do NOT date people who work at/with the NYPD on this show, dang!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Clyde is actually leader of the gang Shinwell was hired to take down. Sherlock and Watson will be forced to pick between them.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

It's weird that this season's drama was lower key than the last... all of them? But that's fine and I've still been enjoying it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

Show got renewed.

That kind of surprises me, but to be honest I'm still happy about it. I would've been OK if this were the last one too, but to be honest I would like to see them do something with the larger arcs before it's over.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

They broke up semi-amicably.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

InfiniteZero posted:

I have a guess:

I believe that Sherlock is losing it and that the person he is talking to is his mother (in his head, Fight Club style).

As posted above, all we've known about Sherlock's mother so far is that she was an addict (and would go to meetings) and that her name started with "M" (and the person in that episode was named May).

I'm 99% sure it's this. The first episode Lucy Liu directed had a similar ... uhhh what's the word for it, this sort of thingie in it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Oh no

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I actually thought this was a really sharp end-of-season, because usually the season ends with Sherlock in trouble because he's been an rear end or screwed something up, but this is a season ender where Watson's pretty clearly to blame, I think. She should have recognized some of the signs of brain problems, but she jumped to negative interpretations even though they didn't fit Sherlock's character. She got too focused on the case this time, and lost her perspective on her partner, and he was suffering because of it.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

That's too bad. There's lots of characters I think might be fun to see again.

Yes, such as, Moriarty.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

She's not in season five either, huh?

Season 5 is pretty low-key actually, I think they'll ramp it up for 6 (with good confidence it'll be the final season).

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Man, that totally sucks.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

It's also deliberately a post-Baker Street setting which is an interesting turn in its own right.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Elementary Season 6 is slated as a 13 episode season, i.e. a half-season. That means it's likely the wrap-up for the series.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I think it's owed a send-off and this cliffhanger would have been incredibly cruel haha. 13 should be enough imho.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think Natalie Dormer has indicated that she's going to be back this season as well. Probably means the same thing.

Right, imho good news all around. I still loved S5 (though not as much as previous seasons) so if they land it well it'll be a series that ended almost exactly the right time and was good throughout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009

Grimey Drawer

John Noble is confirmed to return S6.

• Locked thread
«2 »