Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Decent episode, although that CGI explosion was bad even by tv standards.

I'm dreaming of an episode that has both Natalie Dormer and John Noble in it this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Yeah I thought the gun at the end was clearly just him being paranoid from years of being in drug trafficking. He did get shot 5 times after all.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I thought tonight's episode was great. Lots of funny dialogue with Sherlock and either Joan or Gregson playing the straight man, plus the heart-warming finish (though given the circumstances that could go south by the end of the season). The scenes where he was trying to convince Gregson to pop the question and when he was ridiculing the obviously fake kidnapping story were some of the funniest scenes in the last couple of seasons.

Also Kim Director's boobs nearly cracked the case in Inside Man too. People trying to commit high-stakes robberies should really quit using her as an accomplice.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Pretty generic episode last night. Loved the deadpan summary of the Kitty saga, though.

I hope there's more to the Shinwell story than "mysterious black man tries to lead him back to a life of crime" which feels beneath this show.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
It would be pretty evil for Moriarty to manipulate Sherlock away from Fiona, just because she can.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
This season has definitely been coasting, but there's still been some really inspired Holmes/Watson dialogue and relationship development. That chemistry has carried the entire series, because outside of Morland (and like 3 episodes of Moriarty) there haven't been a lot of story-moving characters that fit well with both of them.

Also, before this most recent episode, how long had it been since Gregson and Bell had a scene together without Holmes or Watson in it?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Yeah I think this season is the logical end point, but I do hope we get a long storyline with Moriarty and Morland before it goes. gently caress it, bring Kitty back too and Mycroft as long he doesn't get to interact with Joan.

Also, this most recent episode reminded me of one recurring gimmick I always love when they bust it out: Sherlock grilling a normal person about their life choices where there's no easy exit to the conversation.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Have any other Wire alumni been on Elementary?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I'm very glad that I learned about that.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

HookShot posted:

The scene at the very end between Shinwell and his daughter was maybe the worst bit of acting I've ever seen on this show. Which was weird because both actors were fine in their previous scenes.

I came here to post just that, only I'd go farther and say it was undeniably the worst acted scene in this show's history. It was like they were just reading their lines off cue cards for the first time.

Also agree with the last couple of posts, if the Shinwell arc is it for this season :barf:

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I liked having Kitty back. The show is at its best when there's a strong third character for Sherlock and Joan to work with.

Not sure about the kid angle, though. They already did that with Moriarty, which worked because it humanized her a lot in contrast to her super-villain role. Kitty doesn't really need that, and I'm kinda worried there might be something stupid in store like the father being Sherlock or the captain.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

ookiimarukochan posted:

I swear that that "baby" is 2 or 3 years old at least, he's loving huge.

Camera adds 10 lbs.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Great episode this week. The pirate mystery was cool with a good ending, and Shinwell finally did something interesting.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Yeah, that was a pretty dark ending for Elementary. I'm guessing Roy didn't put a hit on Shontelle, and her death is a part of something bigger. Whether it ties in with Shinwell or if that gets resolved separately and this starts a new mystery is up in the air.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Yeah that was a weird change of pace. It felt like she was acting as a messenger for someone else.

Also, Natalie Dormer has no excuse not to show up next season since she got killed off GoT, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Please don't have alzheimers or a brain tumor, Sherlock.

• Locked thread