Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't watched any of season five yet but does Cortez come back in it? She's a pretty good rival for Watson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That's too bad. There's lots of characters I think might be fun to see again.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
She's not in season five either, huh? :(

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I bet season six will be about Holmes and Watson trying to thwart a scheme involving President William Hull.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Holmes who's had to deal with addiction isn't a common take. I think The Seven Percent Solution is the only really big one that goes into Holmes's drug habit and explores it as something he's had to struggle to overcome. Of course, there's not much point in trying to do completely straight adaptations of the stories because they've already been done as near to perfectly as could be hoped for already in the Granada series from the 1980s - that's the definitive adaptation. Not saying you shouldn't do that, just that there's not much point because it's hard to see how you could improve on that. Looking at the other big adaptation of the past decade or so, the Guy Ritchie movies, for example, focus more on the action element. I like them a lot but the second one especially is very Sexton Blake.

Although my father and I have many disagreements, the one time we've come close to actually arguing about anything was about who played the best Sherlock Holmes; I said it's Brett, he said it's Rathbone. :D

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I love old detectives. My favourite from novels is Nero Wolfe and I'm planning on watching A Nero Wolfe Mystery next. Any other particularly outstanding adaptations I should think about checking out?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

Elementary Season 6 is slated as a 13 episode season, i.e. a half-season. That means it's likely the wrap-up for the series.

I think Natalie Dormer has indicated that she's going to be back this season as well. Probably means the same thing.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I do hope they get that crooked female police detective who Watson's beat in a boxing match back. I feel like that's a plot that could be resolved in some fashion.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
On a whim, I recently watched the first Charlie's Angels movie, and Lucy Liu has not aged at all in the intervening 17 (!) years.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
She could (and really should) have been a big action star in the 2000s. Pity that Ecks vs Sever was rubbish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just hoping they resolve Watson's rivalry with the one crooked detective she once beat in a boxing match.

• Locked thread