Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
You can't give us Morland Holmes and then take him away; it was amazing how much better he made last season, in the sense that this season feels way worse with him gone.

The Shinwell storyline is pretty dumb tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
That episode was boring. The SAG awards ate into the first 13 minutes of my recording so I didn't get the last 13 minutes and I don't even care (I will watch it when it records again in a few hours though). Worst one of the year by far, and it didn't even have Shinwell in it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

Basically sherlock asks anonymous for help and they hack the plot to save the day
Thanks, this saves me wasting 13 more minutes of my life!

They should bring back Morland.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The message is that if you want the police/Sherlock to take your case seriously make sure to take a diner full of hostages and threaten to shoot them, that'll get their attention.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The scene at the very end between Shinwell and his daughter was maybe the worst bit of acting I've ever seen on this show. Which was weird because both actors were fine in their previous scenes.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Tiggum posted:

Sure, "fake a terrorist attack" is the plan though. "Blow up this particular building by putting this distinct explosive (that will be linked to this specific group) into the toilet" seems a bit too precise to still be a valid plan after three years.

Negative Nancy talk like that is why you're not Morland Holmes IRL :colbert:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Tiggum posted:

There's no DNA in urine.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who knew this. I spent like five minutes yelling at the TV every time they brought it up.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

So the crazy meetings lady who is in love with Sherlock is new right? Seems really abrupt to just add her like that.

Haha I was thinking the same thing.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

InfiniteZero posted:

I have a guess:

I believe that Sherlock is losing it and that the person he is talking to is his mother (in his head, Fight Club style).

As posted above, all we've known about Sherlock's mother so far is that she was an addict (and would go to meetings) and that her name started with "M" (and the person in that episode was named May).

I'm pretty sure it's this, also I feel as though we actually did learn in a previous episode that Sherlock's mom's name is May, but maybe I'm misremembering.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
It's definitely Cumberbatch, he deserved better than the post-season 1 writing he got.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone here can give me a hand. I'm trying to remember which episode this is, and I'm pretty sure it was in Season 5, but it's one where the victim ended up being someone that testified at the same trial Sherlock did, or something, and he figures out that other people linked with the trial were being killed too, but their deaths being made out to be accidental? Something like that? I've gone through the episode synopses, but I can't find it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Mraagvpeine posted:

I think that was episode 15/16 (two parter).

Sweet, thanks!!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
At least Shinwell being dead means they won't bring him back.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, a couple months ago I re-watched Kill Bill Volume 1 and it was weird and uncanny how exactly the same she looked then, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I actually hate Everyone and wish they would go away forever.

But yeah if they bring back Moriarty and Morland that would be amazing.

• Locked thread