Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RazzleDazzleHour

Piso Mojado posted:

i have an extreme head cold, but i wanted to make a spooky track for all my byob hunnies.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1wVWWXUOF65

I am not exaggerating when I say that I cried laughing the first time I heard this it's so unbelievably good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

posting smiling

FluffieDuckula posted:

tossing another sticky at this excellent thread

if you guys are so keen on the contest why don't you enter :hydrogen:

i've started on the first prize today, btw, so everyone should enter before i post a picture of it so or else everyone will think you were motivated by the material reward and not the joy of song

Fredflonston

I really enjoy this type of thread. I wish there were more entries! :crossarms:

City of Glompton

I had a cold last weekend but it is my sincere desire to write and record something this weekend...

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Piso Mojado

City of Glompton posted:

I had a cold last weekend but it is my sincere desire to write and record something this weekend...

:peanut:

social vegan

today i learned that I truly deeply cannot rap

Fredflonston

social vegan posted:

As long as your words are pure and the beat is fire then you've done it.

posting smiling

social vegan posted:

i'd like to congratulate your restraint. i worked for years to earn the rap license that allowed me to post the song i made

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

nvm no cake posted:

I can produce the actual music part, but I can't sing for poo poo. Would be willing to collab with someone who wants to sing, if anyone is interested.

if you do the music and the text I'll gladly "sing" it :haw:

posting smiling
really disappointed with how the prize turned out. it turned out too good and i want to keep it :hehe:

posting smiling
skeleton hat

[/quote]

posting smiling
:ninja:

social vegan

holy heck that's beautiful

I promise I will still try to make a song. I just need to make a beat and I've never done that before so once I have a good evening off i am in

posting smiling

social vegan posted:

I promise I will still try to make a song. I just need to make a beat and I've never done that before so once I have a good evening off i am in

sweet :respek:

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

City of Glompton

omg that hat is amazing. weedass hat 2.0. feeling very motivated now!

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Manifisto

drat that is a fine hat

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

going to see if i can do an acoustic guitar thingy so i can get this hat though i'm p sure the other entries so far are miles better than what i can produce

Piso Mojado

Luvcow posted:

going to see if i can do an acoustic guitar thingy so i can get this hat though i'm p sure the other entries so far are miles better than what i can produce

believe in yourself

Fredflonston

social vegan posted:

if you find too much trouble in creating a beat I can make a backing track for pretty much any genre. Just tell me what style and I should be able to do it over the weekend.

FluffieDuckie

Manifisto posted:

drat that is a fine hat

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

social vegan

I'm going to try to make a beat so I don't have to cop out and make it some lame emo acoustic thing

Fredflonston

that lid is TIUGHT

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

social vegan posted:

I'm going to try to make a beat so I don't have to cop out and make it some lame emo acoustic thing

:stare:

how did you know my song was emo? i have to write a new one now, thanks

posting smiling
before i get out the needle and thread for the second prize, should i do something with a different spooky thing or just do another skeleton design.

also when i say first and second i just mean the order i'm making them. the plan is to let the winner of the vote choose one, then the winner i choose will get the other.

FluffieDuckie

i'm in love with the skellie, but you're the creative one here

social vegan

despite the lame rear end beat i present Spooky James Cameron

posting smiling

social vegan posted:

hahaha. this is great.

Manifisto

social vegan posted:

:argh: stop making me look bad with great entries like this one! I want that hat!

ty nesamdoom!

Piso Mojado

social vegan posted:

lol. holy crap this is good

social vegan

I only learned after I finished making it that the drums sound way better on headphones than laptop speakers :ohdear:

posting smiling

social vegan posted:

I only learned after I finished making it that the drums sound way better on headphones than laptop speakers :ohdear:

hmm, no points off for this oversight, but personally i would never post something in byob without having a professional (editor, fact checker, mixing engineer, technical consultant) look over it first

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Piso Mojado posted:

lol. holy crap this is good

FluffieDuckie

social vegan posted:

drat

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
here is my first attempt:
https://soundcloud.com/user-405623961/posts

posting smiling

i hate to be a stickler for the rules, but this isn't about halloween, and to be frank i don't know if that's really you singing either :raise:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

posting smiling posted:

i hate to be a stickler for the rules, but this isn't about halloween, and to be frank i don't know if that's really you singing either :raise:

only my first attempt, i feel guilty now after seeing the others

look at the picture i used for the track though

posting smiling

Luvcow posted:

only my first attempt, i feel guilty now after seeing the others

look at the picture i used for the track though

the picture gets a big thumbs up :cool: didn't mean to guilt :ohdear:

Piso Mojado

that rules and so does the album art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto