Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Okay, okay. So, say I put my brain in a robot body and there's a war. Robots versus humans. What side am I on?

why the cyborg resistance, of course :awesomelon:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

:(

https://twitter.com/WYR_bot/status/783728612285509632

edit: i guess this is the moral machine route for machine ethics

http://moralmachine.mit.edu/

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
that's the control question, they need to ask what people think others should do to them

Roctor
Aug 23, 2005

The doctor of rock.
i for one welcome our new robot overlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

right this moment some trained credit worthiness model somewhere is giving a black guy a worse interest rate not because the inputs actually demonstrate worse credit worthiness, but because the training procedure found a way to derive race from incidental details in the inputs, and biases from past deals have gotten baked in. no one is able to really tell why the number is what it is, so no one is racist

i wonder if the kkk is trying to modernize and invests in the emerging field of computational racism?

• Locked thread