Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«7 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...




Flashing yellow-white arcs dance down Angharad's armor, and rows of sharp teeth are starting to wear down the mailed joints of her suit. The woman cares not. "Yraine!" She bashes her shield against Thotka's frilled face, then summons herself to his flank when he steps backwards. A crushing hammer-blow descends on his shoulder for this impudence.

Feywild Guardian Punish 1d20+13: 21, Teleports to H7, Yraine uses Adept's Insight to ensure the attack hits, for 18 damage (with Power Strike) and knocking him Prone.

pre:
Stalwart Angharad   						 
HP: 40/50 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 8/12 (V: 12)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 15    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Feywild Guardian         [ ] Glowering Threat                     
Glimmering Blade         [x][x] Power Strike                   
Defend the Line          [ ] Fey Step        
Defender Aura            [ ] Second Wind
                    
Item Powers
[]Plate Armor of Dwarven Vigor

Conditionals/Resists:
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 to sq. to push and slide attacks with hammer and mace
Vicious Advantage: Gain CA against slowed or immobilized targets
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Badge of the Berserker: When you charge, your movement made as part of the charge doesn't provoke Opportunity Attacks.

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at Nov 18, 2016 around 22:15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008




Moving to a more advantageous position, Ethrielle chanted a brief prayer of protection and guidance to Sehanine. Her enemies would have a harder time striking her allies, and they would be wracked with indecision as the inevitability of their defeat came ever closer.

Move: to L5
Standard: Whispers of Defeat, close burst 5 targeting all enemies but the Mystic.
Whispers of Defeat vs Will (Swarm, Chieftain, Bomber, Pyro): 4#1d20+8 15 20 25 14
Using Elven Accuracy to reroll the attack against the Swarm. Elven Accuracy Reroll (Whispers of Defeat vs. Swarm): 1d20+8 19
On a hit they get a -2 penalty to attack rolls and take 9 psychic damage each time they miss UEoMNT. Also pushing the Swarm 1 square (due to Malediction Covenant) to F5-G6.
Minor: Designate the Swarm as my quarry.


pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 34/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 5/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven
Status:

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Twin Strike             [x] Elven Accuracy                   [x] Silent Malediction
Grasping Shards         [ ] Second Wind                   
Hunter's Quarry         [x] Whispers of Defeat        
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [x] Disruptive Strike
                    
Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Armor

Conditionals/Resists:
My ranged and area attacks do not provoke opportunity attacks.
I get a +1 bonus to all defenses vs. ranged attacks from 5 or more squares away.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all weapon attacks performed through the Greatbow
	of Frost deal cold damage and gain the damage bonus from Silvery Glow.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Chief Thotka is battered from all sides after his brutal assault, and falls to the ground with a groan. Suddenly faced with a burning tiefling that Thotka was unable to stop, the mystic swipes at her with his staff with a yelp, but Lerissa is too quick for his shaky attack. He jumps back, just in case. On the ridge, meanwhile, the fire-wielding lizard drops a vessel that shatters, leading clouds of smoke to billow out from his position and completely block Karela's vision, as he disappears into the darkness.



Yraine heals 14 HP from Karela's healing word.
The chief makes an opportunity attack against Lerissa, but misses.
Lizardman Pyro drops a smokebomb. Squares in the zone block line of sight and while any creature other than the pyro is entirely within the zone, they are blinded. The zone lasts UEONT. The Pyro shifts away and disappears into the smoke.
Lizardman Mystic tries to hit Lerissa with a melee attack, but misses and shifts one square back.

Elanis, Angharad and Yraine are up!

Light-grey squares are ridges that are 20 feet up. Creatures on ridges have partial cover to ranged attacks from below. Ridges can be climbed with an Athletics check (DC 20)
Brown squares are sheer cliffs. They are impassable terrain.
Crosshatched squares are a smokebomb. They block line of sight and creatures entirely within the zone are blinded until they are no longer in the zone.


pre:
Initiative Order
Init	Name	Location  HP    AC  Fort  Ref  Will   Conditions 

27 	Pyro       ??   ??/??   ??   ??   ??   ??      Marked(Karela)
21 	Mystic     C8   48/53   ??   ??   ??   ??    
]19 	Elanis	   I8   43/48   21   16   21   15    
17      Angharad   H7   40/50   23   19   20   15     
13	Yraine	   I7   14/44   19   18   15   19     Prone, bloodied
11      Pack	   G5   ??/??   18   18   17   16     Def Aura(Angharad), Quarry (Ethrielle), WoD (Ethrielle)
11	Bomber     G10  ??/??   19   17   19   15     WoD (Ethrielle)
10      Chief      F7   80/156  23   20   19   18     Slowed, Def Aura(Angharad), Prone, WoD (Ethrielle)
10      Lerissa    E8   31/38   22   15   20   18     
10      Ethrielle  L5   34/36   19   15   19   19      
8       Karela     J11  42/42   22   20   17   19     Blinded
	Hurri      M8   45/58   17   16   14   14    

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!



Elanis Dressant [sheet]

Elanis grumbles softly as he sees the lizardmen wreak havoc among his friends. He takes a couple strides forward and attempts to stab the chieftain in the side. He finds a soft spot in his hide and thrusts his dagger in even further, temporarily disorienting the giant lizardman from the pain. Sensing that the chieftain is weakened, he quickly follows up with another hard blow, this time twisting his blade in once it strikes him. He twists it back out and quickly flicks the blood off before returning to a crouched combat stance.

Move: to H8
Standard: Clever Strike Dazing Strike vs AC: 1d20+13 26 (+2 from CA) = 28 attack 1d4+7 11+ Sneak Attack Damage: 2d8+2+1 11 = 22 damage.
Free (trigger: bloodying an enemy): Press the Advantage vs AC: 1d20+13 31 (+2 from CA) = 33 attack 2d4+7 11

= 33 total damage and the Chieftain is also Dazed until EOMNT.

pre:
Elanis Dressant   						 
HP: 48/48 (THP: )		AC:  21			Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 6/6 (V: 12)		Fort: 16		Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +1			Ref:  21		Action Points: 1
Speed: 7			Will: 15		Vision: low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

Basic Attacks
MBA (Dagger): +13; 1d4+4
RBA (Dagger): +13; 1d4+7

At-Will				Encounter			Daily
Piercing Strike			[ ] Action Point		[x] Press the Advantage
Clever Strike			[ ] Second Wind
				[ ] Elven Accuracy                   	
				[ ] Disciplined Counter        
				[x] Dazing Strike
				[ ] Tumble
				[ ] Low Slash
                    
Item Powers
[ ] Gloaming Leather Armor (Encounter)
[ ] Gloves of Piercing (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists
Reactive Stealth: Can make Stealth check to hide if I have cover or
		concealment when rolling initiative 
Light Blade Expertise: +1 to damage when attacking with CA
Brutal Scoundrel: Add Str mod to Sneak Attack damage
Backstabber: Sneak Attack dice are d8s

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...




"Do not rue this day, Chief Thotka. Learn well from your imminent defeat!" The bright glint off her crest distracts the fallen lizardman, long enough for her to pin her shield into Thotka's foot. Now standing imperiously above him, she grasps her hammer with both hands and smashes downwards against his chest. And again. And again, with a final resounding crunch.

Apparently satisfied, she then dislodges it and picks up her blood-stained shield.

"Let him live, if you can, friends. I won't give anyone good reason to make war on our folk."

Minor: Glowering Threat
Exchange Move for Minor: Second Wind, +2 to all defenses SoMNT, expends item daily
Standard: MBA against Thotka 1d20+13: 33 CRIT for 25 damage, Slowed again until EOmNT, would knock him prone if wasn't already

Pack and Chief have -5 on all attack rolls against folks who aren't Ang until EoMNT.

pre:
Stalwart Angharad   						 
HP: 50/50 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 7/12 (V: 12)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 15    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Feywild Guardian         [x] Glowering Threat                     
Glimmering Blade         [x][x] Power Strike                   
Defend the Line          [ ] Fey Step        
Defender Aura            [x] Second Wind
                    
Item Powers
[x]Plate Armor of Dwarven Vigor

Conditionals/Resists:
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 to sq. to push and slide attacks with hammer and mace
Vicious Advantage: Gain CA against slowed or immobilized targets
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Badge of the Berserker: When you charge, your movement made as part of the charge doesn't provoke Opportunity Attacks.

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at Nov 19, 2016 around 20:56

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009





Yraine rises back to her feet, her face unreadable. "I warned you."

She takes a single, decisive step, and brings the flail down. As the chief rolls to dodge her first, weak attempt, the second smacks him, knocking a tooth loose. "It is not yet too late to stop. But that point comes."

Quicksilver chainmail shift to H6.
Missed first attempt, action pointed, second below. Out of PP but I needed that goddamn heal.

Energizing Strike vs AC: 1d20+13 27 2d8+6 11

pre:
Yraine   						 
HP: 25/44 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 15
Surges:  7/10 (V:11)     For:  18    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5    	         Will: 19    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Draconic
Power Points: 0/5

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Energizing Strike       [X] Adept's Insight                  [ ] Implanted Suggestion
Demoralizing Strike     [ ] Eldritch Strike                  
Ire Strike              [ ][ ] Ardent Surge     
                        [ ] Ardent Alacrity
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Battle Awareness    
                        [X] Sympathetic Agony

Item Powers
Casque of Tactics [ ]
Staggering Alhulak [ ]
Quicksilver Chainmail [X]

Conditionals/Resists:
Flail Expertise: Choose to knock enemies prone instead of sliding.
Bolstering Surge: When I spend a healing surge, ally within my mantle gets 5 THP or saves
Wind of Sympathy: Ally in Mantle can use second wind when I do

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


In defense of their master, the drakes snap at Angharad, but once again can't pierce the armor. From up on the ridge, the lightning-throwing lizard has a bit more success, slinging a bolt that strikes Elanis right in the chest, sending arcs to Angharad and Yraine from the explosion. Bloodied, broken and battered under the combined assault, Thotka does not get up. He spits out his loose tooth - and another - in a wad of blood, and stares up at the sky. When he speaks, his voice is raspy and his words are slow and labored. "Do as you will. But we fight to avoid a greater wrath than yours. I will sacrifice myself for my tribe, if that's what it takes." Then, he raises his spear in the sky...but rather than attacking one of you, he slams it down in the ground again, and a thunderclap echoes through the canyon. As one, the lizards howl in return, a frenzied sound that shows their fear and their conviction, and the surprised front-liners are battered by more attacks again. Angharad's legs get trapped in the jaws of various vicious drakes, not about to let her go, while a fireball drops on Elanis from above.



For ending their turn adjacent to the Drake Hunting Pack, Angharad and Yraine take 5 damage.
The Drake Hunting Pack attacks Angharad, but misses. They take 9 damage from Whispers of Defeat.
The Lightning Bomber moves to the edge of the ridge and attacks Elanis. He takes 11 lightning damage, and Yraine and Angharad take 5 lightning damage.
Chief Thotka uses an action to grant all allies in close burst 2 a basic attack:
- The Hunting Pack attacks Angharad again, hitting for 11 damage. Angharad is immobilized (save ends).
- The Pyro attacks Elanis, hitting for 11 fire damage. Since Karela can't see the Pyro, no mark punish occurs.

Lerissa, Ethrielle and Karela are up!

Light-grey squares are ridges that are 20 feet up. Creatures on ridges have partial cover to ranged attacks from below. Ridges can be climbed with an Athletics check (DC 20)
Brown squares are sheer cliffs. They are impassable terrain.
Crosshatched squares are a smokebomb. They block line of sight and creatures entirely within the zone are blinded until they are no longer in the zone.


pre:
Initiative Order
Init	Name	Location  HP    AC  Fort  Ref  Will   Conditions 

27 	Pyro       ??   ??/??   ??   ??   ??   ??     Marked(Karela)
21 	Mystic     C8   37/53   ??   ??   ??   ??    
19 	Elanis	   H8   21/48   21   16   21   15     Bloodied
17      Angharad   H7   29/50   23   19   20   15     Immobilized (save ends)
13	Yraine	   H6   15/44   19   18   15   19     Bloodied
11      Pack	   F5   76/85   18   18   17   16     Def Aura(Angharad), Quarry (Ethrielle), WoD (Ethrielle)
11	Bomber     F9   ??/??   19   17   19   15     WoD (Ethrielle)
10      Chief      F7   11/156  23   20   19   18     Slowed, Def Aura(Angharad), Prone, WoD (Ethrielle)
10      Lerissa    E8   31/38   22   15   20   18     
10      Ethrielle  L5   34/36   19   15   19   19      
8       Karela     J11  42/42   22   20   17   19     Blinded
	Hurri      M8   45/58   17   16   14   14    

Wahad fucked around with this message at Nov 22, 2016 around 16:29

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.



Lerissa really wants to explode the Chieftan, to smash her palm into his chest and turn his innards into a burning inferno. But she controls herself, because she knows that isn't what the others want. She takes a breath, gathering flames around her fingers. When she spots an opening, she pounces, slamming her palm into the Chieftan's chest as the fire swirls around her palm. A heated wind blasts out of his back as the blow lands, and he falls slowly. "He still lives." She calls to Yraine. "If you can make his compatriots talk perhaps we can end this fight?" even as she says this, she turns to the mystic with a flurry of attacks, her final attack an explosive kick that smashes the caller in the chest. As she strikes him, she holds her position, her leg poised in the air as fire swirls around her, ready for another attack.

popping Flame Bracers (Heroic) Blistering Flourish vs Reflex: 1d20+11 26 2d8+8 20. This is incorrect since it should have been 1d8 + 1d6, but it puts him down regardless of the 1d6 roll. playing off of that for a Flurry of Blows on the Mistcaller for 5 and the -2 to attacks that include me. Following it up with an Action Point and Light the Fire, which does bonus from Blistering Flourish and Dark Reaping.

Popping Dark Reaping as well on him falling, which adds +1d8+3 on my next attack

Light the Fire vs Reflex: 1d20+11 25 2d8+10 16 SHOULD HAVE PUT THAT IN HERE WHOOPS MY BAD I messed up again.
Dark Reaping: 1d8+3 4


pre:
Lerissa   						 
HP: 31/38 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 6/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +7   	 Ref:  20   Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	         Will: 18    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will
Blistering Flourish
Steel Wind  
Desert Wind Flurry of Blows

Encounter	
[x] Light The Fire
[x] Burning Brand
[x] Hellfire Heart
[x] Dark Reaping
[ ] Second Wind

Daily	
[x] Risen Sun
[ ] Supreme Flurry

Item Powers
[ ] Fireblood Ki Focus
[ ] Robe of Contingency Cloth Armor
[ ] Spidersilk Mantle
[x] Flame Bracers (Heroic)

Conditionals/Resists:
Resist 5 Fire
Imperious Majesty: When hitting a Creature who has not yet acted, it takes -5 to attacks against me until EoNT
Unnatural Vitality: When dropping, remain conscious and dazed, but fall unconscious if failed death saving throw.
Undead: You are considered both a Living Creature and an Undead Creature

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008




The magic and artillery were getting to be too much! Her first arrow had not deterred the mage, but that did not mean she had to kill him. Yet. She palmed two arrows, firing one after the other. One volley hit the mystic's staff squarely at the tip, snapping it in two. The other went between the goblin's legs, tearing the fabric of their clothing just below his... other staff. She locked eyes with him and gestured toward the Chieftain. "You make sure he doesn't die. But move wrong and you know exactly where the next one's landing." She did not know whether the mystic spoke Common as well, but she imagined her meaning was clear enough.

Standard: Twin Strike to the Mystic.
Twin Strike vs AC (Mystic): 2#1d20+10 23 22 2#1d12+3 13 8
Non-lethal kill.
Move: to K4

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 34/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 5/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven
Status:

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Twin Strike             [x] Elven Accuracy                   [x] Silent Malediction
Grasping Shards         [ ] Second Wind                   
Hunter's Quarry         [x] Whispers of Defeat        
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [x] Disruptive Strike
                    
Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Armor

Conditionals/Resists:
My ranged and area attacks do not provoke opportunity attacks.
I get a +1 bonus to all defenses vs. ranged attacks from 5 or more squares away.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all weapon attacks performed through the Greatbow
	of Frost deal cold damage and gain the damage bonus from Silvery Glow.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT RED BUFF


accidentally edited this post into the next post

Wol fucked around with this message at Nov 24, 2016 around 23:13

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


As the smoke dissipates from the ledge, the fire-wielding lizard emerges from the smoke. He shouts in the lizardman tongue, as his weapon engulfs in flame, and cuts a gaping wound into Karela's back. "For the Chieftain!" Despite his lightning-slinging friend looking much more amenable to surrender, the pyromaniac has a righteous fury in his eyes for the defeat of his comrades.



The Pyro moves to H11 and attacks Karela, hitting for 28 fire damage.

Elanis, Angharad and Yraine are up!

Light-grey squares are ridges that are 20 feet up. Creatures on ridges have partial cover to ranged attacks from below. Ridges can be climbed with an Athletics check (DC 20)
Brown squares are sheer cliffs. They are impassable terrain.


pre:
Initiative Order
Init	Name	Location  HP    AC  Fort  Ref  Will   Conditions 

27 	Pyro       H11  ??/??   ??   ??   ??   ??     
21 	Mystic     C8    0/53   18   15   15   18     K.O
19 	Elanis	   H8   33/48   21   16   21   15     Bloodied
17      Angharad   H7   29/50   23   19   20   15     Immobilized (save ends)
13	Yraine	   H6   15/44   19   18   15   19     Bloodied
11      Pack	   F5   76/85   18   18   17   16     Def Aura (Angharad), Quarry (Ethrielle)
11	Bomber     F9   32/50   19   17   19   15     Prone, marked (Karela).
10      Chief      F7    0/156  23   20   19   18     K.O
10      Lerissa    D7   31/38   22   15   20   18     
10      Ethrielle  K4   34/36   19   15   19   19      
8       Karela     G10  14/42   22   20   17   19     Bloodied
	Hurri      M8   45/58   17   16   14   14    

Wahad fucked around with this message at Nov 24, 2016 around 18:39

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009





"Admirable is their will to resist despite the odds 'gainst them. Where was this 'gainst their shining foe?"

Yraine sighs. "They cannot hold. We are those who stand for the right. Onward, my friends! Let us end this before more hurt."

A light shines in her eyes, and those who suffer find that it was just a passing thought. Strength flows for the final push.

Shift back to I7
No action - mantle comes up
Second Wind - Angharad may also second wind as a free action.
Angharad may save.
Ardent Surge - self. I heal 11+Ardent Surge: 1d6 2 and gain +1 to all defenses UEomNT.
Angharad may save again.


pre:
Yraine   						 
HP: 39/44 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 15
Surges:  5/10 (V:11)     For:  18    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5    	         Will: 19    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Draconic
Power Points: 0/5

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Energizing Strike       [X] Adept's Insight                  [ ] Implanted Suggestion
Demoralizing Strike     [ ] Eldritch Strike                  
Ire Strike              [X][ ] Ardent Surge     
                        [ ] Ardent Alacrity
                        [X] Second Wind
                        [ ] Battle Awareness    
                        [X] Sympathetic Agony

Item Powers
Casque of Tactics [ ]
Staggering Alhulak [ ]
Quicksilver Chainmail [X]

Conditionals/Resists:
Flail Expertise: Choose to knock enemies prone instead of sliding.
Bolstering Surge: When I spend a healing surge, ally within my mantle gets 5 THP or saves
Wind of Sympathy: Ally in Mantle can use second wind when I do

K Prime fucked around with this message at Nov 24, 2016 around 23:16

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!



Elanis Dressant [sheet]

Elanis reels from the lightning and the fire attacks that assaulted him. Annoyed that he was hit, he scans the clif for a way to get up at the lizards attacking him. He finds the perfect path to let him hop up the ledge, bounding up at the bomber. He straddles the prone lizardman, bashing him twice in the head with the pommel of his dagger, knocking him out cold. He then stands up and turns facing the pyro. "You're next," he says cooly.

Free: Perception: 1d20+10 27
Move: Acrobatics: 1d20+13 25 up the mountain to G9
Standard: Piercing Strike vs Reflex: 1d20+13+2+2 24 1d4+7+4+1+2d8+2 23
Action Point: Piercing Strike vs Reflex: 1d20+13+2+2 27 1d4+7+1+4 13

= 36 damage; non lethal

pre:
Elanis Dressant   						 
HP: 33/48 (THP: )		AC:  21			Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 5/6 (V: 12)		Fort: 16		Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +1			Ref:  21		Action Points: 0
Speed: 7			Will: 15		Vision: low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

Basic Attacks
MBA (Dagger): +13; 1d4+4
RBA (Dagger): +13; 1d4+7

At-Will				Encounter			Daily
Piercing Strike			[x] Action Point		[x] Press the Advantage
Clever Strike			[ ] Second Wind
				[ ] Elven Accuracy                   	
				[ ] Disciplined Counter        
				[x] Dazing Strike
				[ ] Tumble
				[ ] Low Slash
                    
Item Powers
[ ] Gloaming Leather Armor (Encounter)
[ ] Gloves of Piercing (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists
Reactive Stealth: Can make Stealth check to hide if I have cover or
		concealment when rolling initiative 
Light Blade Expertise: +1 to damage when attacking with CA
Brutal Scoundrel: Add Str mod to Sneak Attack damage
Backstabber: Sneak Attack dice are d8s

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT RED BUFF


edited by accident

Wol fucked around with this message at Dec 11, 2016 around 11:45

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...




Saving Throw vs. Immobilization: 12
Using Second Wind given by Yraine, restores up to 41 and gets +2 defenses as usual

Angharad, energized by a strange light that seems to well up within her, throws off the clinging drakes with a powerful stamp. "Haha, away with you!"

She follows with a whirling strike through their ranks, hurtling the creatures this way and that and she spins. Soon the ground around her is littered with their struggling forms. Those still standing are finding it hard to maneuver without tripping.

MBA vs Pack, 1d20+11: 27 for 18 damage (before Swarm reduction), Slowed until EoMNT

pre:
Stalwart Angharad   						 
HP:  41/50 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 6/12 (V: 12)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 15    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Feywild Guardian         [x] Glowering Threat                     
Glimmering Blade         [x][x] Power Strike                   
Defend the Line          [ ] Fey Step        
Defender Aura            [x] Second Wind
                    
Item Powers
[x]Plate Armor of Dwarven Vigor

Conditionals/Resists:
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 to sq. to push and slide attacks with hammer and mace
Vicious Advantage: Gain CA against slowed or immobilized targets
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Badge of the Berserker: When you charge, your movement made as part of the charge doesn't provoke Opportunity Attacks.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


With his attack seemingly having no effect at all, the Pyro drops his blade and kneels. "If my weapon can not hurt you, then I cannot fight. I surrender." The pack is swiftly dealt with, the feral beasts lacking in intelligence what they bring in sheer vicious power. Yet, it is no match for all of you working together. You spend a moment in heavy-breathing silence, the rush of battle slowly subsiding as the lizards realize the superiority of the force that has opposed them. You stand victorious, yet there is still work to be done. Diane and her child's lives hang in the balance, yet exhaustion looms over all of you from your nightly chase.

Dirthak reappears, seeming amazed. "Great heroes! Mighty heroes! Beat chief Thotka, can beat anyone!" He pauses, looking at the battered chieftain, then offers some temperance to his suggestion. "Maybe no beat shiny one though. Even chief Thotka no fight shiny one."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!



Elanis Dressant [sheet]

Elanis takes a knee for a moment recovering from the fight. He sheaths his daggers and walks over to Dirthak. "Don't worry, Dirthak, we will fight this Shiny One, and we will win and set your tribe free of his torment," Elanis says, trying to calm the small lizard. He turns to the party, asking, "Should we press on? Or would you rather speak to the chieftain?"

Elanis spends a surge to go to 45 health.

pre:
Elanis Dressant   						 
HP: 45/48 (THP: )		AC:  21			Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 4/6 (V: 12)		Fort: 16		Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +1			Ref:  21		Action Points: 0
Speed: 7			Will: 15		Vision: low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

Basic Attacks
MBA (Dagger): +13; 1d4+4
RBA (Dagger): +13; 1d4+7

At-Will				Encounter			Daily
Piercing Strike			[ ] Action Point		[x] Press the Advantage
Clever Strike			[ ] Second Wind
				[ ] Elven Accuracy                   	
				[ ] Disciplined Counter        
				[ ] Dazing Strike
				[ ] Tumble
				[ ] Low Slash
                    
Item Powers
[ ] Gloaming Leather Armor (Encounter)
[ ] Gloves of Piercing (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists
Reactive Stealth: Can make Stealth check to hide if I have cover or
		concealment when rolling initiative 
Light Blade Expertise: +1 to damage when attacking with CA
Brutal Scoundrel: Add Str mod to Sneak Attack damage
Backstabber: Sneak Attack dice are d8s

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Nov 26, 2016 around 18:41

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...




Angharad lays down her arms as her enemies flee and, taking advantage of the lull in combat, stretches her shoulders and upper back in a series of rhythmic moves. This jostling of metal produces a sonorous vibration, like a viola heard from the bottom of a clear lake. Some of the plates that had been knocked loose in the battle soon appear good as new.

"Some solid answers would be invaluable, Elanis. If Chief Thotka would be so kind as to give them." The woman offers the fallen lizardman a hand. "Quite some resolve you showed back there. Lerissa- ah, that's her over there - did quite a number on you, but I can tell you myself: the burns will heal in time."

"Do not worry about your comrades either, they live as surely as you do."

Surging back up to full.

pre:
Stalwart Angharad   						 
HP:  50/50 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 5/12 (V: 12)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 15    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Elven

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Feywild Guardian         [ ] Glowering Threat                     
Glimmering Blade         [ ][ ] Power Strike                   
Defend the Line          [ ] Fey Step        
Defender Aura            [ ] Second Wind
                    
Item Powers
[x]Plate Armor of Dwarven Vigor

Conditionals/Resists:
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 to sq. to push and slide attacks with hammer and mace
Vicious Advantage: Gain CA against slowed or immobilized targets
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Badge of the Berserker: When you charge, your movement made as part of the charge doesn't provoke Opportunity Attacks.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009





"We must stop for a brief moment. These are allies, not mere monsters."

Yraine kneels down next to Thotka, and gently rocks his head. "<Awaken, brave chief. We can help you.>"


Heal: 1d20+3 16

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.



"Yeah, let's take a moment to think." She agrees with Angharad as she takes a deep breath. "Before we go rushing off. The chief probably knows more then Dirthak." she walks back to the rest of the group and sits down on a rock. "And, uh, yeah. The burns will heal. Sorry about that. Still learning finer control." She says. "Not as if I didn't have help in hurting you though." She says, looking at the others. "A good challenge, though. I enjoyed the contest, at the least."

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


The chief groans as he rouses, his breath raspy and labored. His chest still bears the marks of Angharad's hammer, but he lives, and it evidently seems to surprise him. He is quiet, for a long moment, studying his surrendered allies and his dead pack of drakes. The big lizardman remains on his back, adjusting to the pain both in his body and in his pride. "You did not kill me. I know why, but that does not make it less surprising." He winces as he sits up, leaning heavily on his spear. "I know where your tribekin are, softskins. The master won't have killed them yet. Not while the other spawn still lives, and is outside the tribe's reach. But I know not how you can get them back. I am sorry."

With a cautious demeanor, the mystic comes over to his chief's side, and - after a moment of making sure you're not going to hurt him - starts applying some magic to Thotka's chest, mists flowing from his claws and seeming to soothe the wounds. Thotka surveys each of you in turn, slowly turning his head, before spotting Dirthak, who shrinks back and immediately bows his head. "I see I was not the first to be spared. Hrm. You are a strange warband, sparing your enemies in such a fashion. But I owe you my life, and thus I am obligated to help you as I can." He looks to Yraine, and nods. "Let us speak."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!



Elanis Dressant [sheet]

Elanis decides to take the silence as a moment to check his armor. It's got a couple singe marks on it, but it seems to have held up pretty well. He rubs his thumb along the marks, hoping to buff them out. After a moment of this, he walks up behind Yraine and gives her a soft nod before casually crossing his arms and shifting his weight onto his right leg, looking at the chieftain and waiting for whatever words he has to say about the current situation.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...




Angharad now rests, leaning forwards with her hands folded on the tip of Gramd's handle, patiently regarding the new situation. Thotka's talk of obligation provokes a curious tilt of the head.

"Ah, sparing one's foe is simply custom where I come from. Good manners. Now had we more time I'd have many things to ask a chieftain such as yourself, but...things are as they are. What, may I ask, is your new master? And what defenses have they conjured up in Snagglestone? That large fellow we fought in the raid has left me, well, appreciative of the arcane science in their employ."

Lingering wounds provoke a sharper-than-usual intake of breath. "I can only imagine what they've inflicted on your home."

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


The chieftain grunts, and tilts his head at Angharad. "You can imagine, you say. The master is smart, smarter than all the elders put together, and its magics smell of wrongness. It has turned our tribe - proud, once, and fierce - into nothing more than a plaything, to be used and abused as it sees fit. Do you understand what this means, knight?" As he speaks, his voice rises, emotion getting the better of him. "Our history - our traditions, our ways - mean nothing to it. It has reduced us to slaves, and we do its bidding, for we know that if we do not, Snagglestone would no longer exist. Not on this plane or in the Great Roost of the Ancestors. It would annihiilate us so completely that not even the chroniclers of other tribes would know of Snagglestone anymore. Imagine this fear, that lives in our youngest whelp and our eldest shaman in unequaled amount. Imagine this humiliation, that I could not stop this creature with my fiercest warriors. Imagine this despair, where our future seems as gray and as small as the pebbles underneath your feet."

"The master...I have no word for the creature it is - not in my language, and not in yours - for I have not encountered one of its kin before. It came from the deeps, from the abyss near where we keep our young, for there is water a-plenty there, and there is heat from the earth which keeps them active and limber. Not anywhere in our history has anything ascended from the abyss, for it has no end as far as we can see. Yet the master came. This was twenty sun-turns ago, now. It did not bother the young, or the caretakers, simply moving through our warren to where the elders convene to rule the tribe." He hangs his head, defeated. "A few of my warriors encountered it, and bid it halt. It moved on, simply touching one, and he fell on the others in a frenzy as it approached the elders' nest."

"I was there, and I stood in its way. It touched me, too, and I could only watch; my feet would not step in its way, my arms would not lift my spear. I was as helpless as prey as one by one it turned the minds of our elders with its magics, and they became vessels for the master's voice. Their spirits gone, their wills nothing but extensions of that of the master. And it turned back to me, and it said that I too, would serve as a voice. It gave me the power to understand your language." Where there was once a proud warrior, there is now only a defeated shell, and a broken person. "So that I could proclaim its might to the softskins, when it was time. That is what my purpose was to be. That is what it turned me into."

"Some of the warriors rose against this oppressor, thinking they could overwhelm it with numbers. In turn, it made the rebels slaughter their own young." His eyes are hollow as he looks up. "One of our greatest taboos, doled out as punishment. We are nothing to it. We can do nothing to it. Do you understand this, knight? Do all of you understand this? Once, we were a proud people. Now, we are nothing." The lizards around him hang their head, as well, mourning their fate. "And here you come, in search of your own kin. To learn the blood-lessons we already suffered. I would wish you luck, but it would be in vain."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009





"Nay, it is not," says Yraine, and the words fall like leaden blocks, as unmovable as the mountains. "We continue. If this 'Shining One' has dealt horrors upon the innocent, we destroy it. That is my life. That is purpose, Thotka, and if I stood here 'lone 'gainst an army, I would still stand." She folds her hands, gently, in front of her, as she sits by the fallen chief, still radiating comfort and calm despite the steely words of her will. "Your words give hope that we yet have time to stop this. You are afraid, so I will not demand more than a place for us to stop and rest."

She smiles at him, and in a rare moment, the terrible strength of her ancestors, the will that broke a city to burden, is visible. "But I ask of you to stand."

Diplomacy: 1d20+13 25

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


There is a brief silence after Yraine's impassioned plea. The other lizards look up before Thotka does, more easily convinced than the proud warrior that there is, indeed, still hope. But when the chief moves, he does stand, grunting as his bruised muscles - healed of their direst wounds, but still plenty sore - flex and move to allow the tall lizardman to stand. "Rest, I can give you. I know not how long, but the master has little knowledge of the warren beyond the small areas they make their own; it is large, and has many spaces where few of our kind even come, and then only rarely. The master won't know you're here, if you stay where I lead you. You will have to be quiet, however, as I can not say whether the ones that have been turned to the master's will would speak of your presence, should they find you. But you can be hidden."

He looks over to Hurri. "But where we go, you cannot take the goat. His scent would alert every tribekin in the warren, and would give away your position in an instant. I am sorry, but it is the best I can do." Thotka's gaze falls on Yraine again, then to the rest of the party. "If you truly believe you can defeat the master, I know not whether to commend you for your bravery or pity you for your foolishness. But if you cannot be deterred, then we will aid you where we can. Follow me."

Using his spear for support, he starts walking along, gesturing at some of the lizards that skitter off in advance, no doubt to scout the way. He leads you up the pass, through the mountains, in stoic silence, until you come upon a cave. It's small, but out of the way, hidden from view by various rock croppings. "You can rest here. Make no fire, and keep quiet; it should last you for a while, should you need it. However, I am needed back. The master will have heard of the failing of the warband's remains - the ones you struck down - and will have plans. I shall try to dissuade them from killing your tribekin as long as I can. Dirthak will stay with you; he can guide you into the warren when you are ready, and take you to the master." Thotka grunts again, and turns around. "I pray your skills are matching to your words, softskins. It may be our only hope."

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT RED BUFF




At Thotka's words, Hurri gives a plaintive bleat. Karela ruffles the goat's hair. "We might want to keep going. No matter who we trust, a lot can happen in a day. Right, friends? No one about to fall over just yet?" She turns to look back at her team. They look tired, bloodied and bruised. Hells, she's sure she looks half a sight worse than half of them. Seeing the determination in their eyes, though, gives her all the more will to press on.

"Just one thing. If we're leaving Hurri behind, someone's going to have to look after his spoiled old self." Karela unslings a pack full of apples and pears from her back and holds it in front of her. "I need a volunteer. Don't worry, he won't bite the hand that feeds him." She rubs a hand over her chin, giving a skyward pensive look that breaks momentarily into a sly grin. "So long as it feeds him."

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


One of the lizards steps up and takes the apples after another short command from Thotka. "Zeera will take care of the goat, and watch the pass while they're at it." Zeera - the lightning-wielding lizard from before - coaxes Hurri into an out of the way spot with some apples, while the rest of you continue to the cave.

--

As Thotka leaves, you find yourself with a moment of rest. It is tempting to lie down and succumb to the ever-looming pressure of exhaustion that takes hold ever fiercer now that the rush of battle is gone again. But the fate of the farmer's wife and child are as much a deterrent for the sweet promise of sleep as you could ask for. It weighs heavily on your minds, leaving the restful moment with a grim atmosphere. But even as you rest, you feel the soreness in your bones, and the tiredness in your muscles. It's going to be hard to continue.

Take a short rest. Spend surges as needed, regain encounter powers.

--

Once you gather yourselves, ready to press on and finally meet this shining one face to face, Dirthak reappears. He seems less afraid now, but still looks about the place cautiously, as if expecting trouble all the same. When he talks, Yraine translates again. "Finding shiny one is easy. Makes home in elder-cave, for all shiny magics and tribe-tribute. Never leaves! Makes tribe come, no go out. Getting there, not so easy. Some tribe changed by shiny one. Many tribe, no changed, but very afraid, like Dirthak, no want shiny one angry. Snagglestone is big warren, many tribe inside. Less now than before, but...still many. Dirthak knows ways, yes, try avoid tribe, but no promise. Merciful masters must quiet, and smart, and speedy, like cave-rats."

The truth of his words sinks in pretty quickly. Getting caught in the warren would be a disaster; you're not sure that Thotka could manage to keep all the lizards under control, if he even got there fast enough upon you being found. Stealth and speed seems to be the prerogative... unless you can think of another plan.

Skill Challenge: Navigating Snagglestone Warren
Goal: Get to the Shiny One
Successes required: 4
Check DC: 23.

So I'm going to approach this a little differently than 'standard' skill checks, where you either succeed or fail. Rather, I have given you a target (4 successes). Everybody will roll once, describing in what manner they approach the journey through the caves. Your goal is predetermined! You will, one way or another, meet the shiny one. How you do so, however, is determined by your rolls.

- If you make it with 4 successes, you get to the location without any problems on the way, even if you have two failed rolls.
- If you make it with more successes, you make it without any problems - and you'll bring some benefit with you!
- If you make it with less successes, the journey will be complicated, but you'll probably get there.
- If everybody fails their roll, things will go horribly wrong! However, you will still get to the shiny one.

Here's a couple of skills that are probably useful.
- Steatlh, Dungeoneering, Perception, Athletics, Nature.
Here's a couple of skills that are a little more situational, but probably still useful.
- Bluff/Diplomacy, Insight, Endurance.

This doesn't mean other skills can't be used! I always encourage creativity. If you want to pray to a god for guidance with Religion, go for it. If you want to use some weird magic knowledge to navigate a cave, use Arcana. However, if somebody uses a skill they are trained in, another person can not use that skill. What's most important is that you use skills that make sense in the situation. Figure out a way to traverse the warren and let your skills be the numerical expression of how you do so.

Finally, here's a few modifiers.
- Dirthak's knowledge of the warren gives everybody a +2 to Dungeoneering and Perception.
- Your exhaustion gives everybody a -2 to Acrobatics, Athletics, Endurance, and Stealth.

The starting player, determined by a random dice roll, is Ethrielle! As you post, please pick the next player to roll, until everybody's taken a turn. Please note that after every failed roll, I'll make a post to describe how things go wrong, to give you more context for the next roll and possibly give you more options for skills to pick from.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008




"I've had a lot of experience scouting out mountain paths," Ethrielle humble-bragged. "Even in an unfamiliar place I should be able to get the job done." Shielding her eyes (for there is only a tiny difference between squinting into the morning sun, and closing them to invite sleep) she devised a path to follow. "It should be possible to avoid the patrols if we cut across the eastern paths. We'll need to keep good time, though."

Perception: 1d20+13+2 33
Passing to Angharad!

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...




"Hmmmm..." Angharad watches the play of sunlight across the mountain peaks, momentarily unconcerned with their plight. Snagglestone appears clear to her like it never has before. Strangely peaceful, despite all the terror and bloodshed that has and will occur here.

She promptly shakes her head before the deceptive tide of trance washes over her. "Quite right, Ethrielle. Yet patrols, I think, are not our only worry. Our opponent is devious. No doubt they've predicted an intruder's likely moves and set up less visible sentries. Their eyes could be anywhere; a reverse-spiral in a rock face, a flowering weed growing among a thousand others. I shall stay vigilant."

Fingers rise to her temples. Is she being paranoid? No, couldn't possibly.

Arcana: 1d20+13: 17 Oops.
Passing to Yraine!

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


The journey starts swiftly. Ethrielle manages to find a quick path, with some of Dirthak's suggestions, into the main warren. Avoiding the patrols, like she said, proves easy. The lizards aren't exactly quiet in their home, and you can hear them coming from miles away.

But Angharad's warning proves to be rather unfortunately prescient. As you pass a corner, you feel a thrum of energy up your spine, and you are violently pushed to the ground. Dirthak yelps, but seems strangely unaffected by the magic trap.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009





"We cannot stop.. nor falter here," says Yraine, but the exhaustion that finally shows on her face drains the strength from her words.

Diplomacy: 1d20+13 17

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Although exhaustion threatens all of you like Yraine, her words still ring true. You eventually muster the strength to rise, and keep going. Avoiding another patrol is only narrowly managed thanks to Dirthak quickly re-directing you into a side-corridor, which you follow for a while, until you stumble into another inhabitant of the warren. But rather than a patrol, you come across a single lizardfolk. It seems small, smaller than Dirthak even, and you realize after a moment that this must be a youngling. The little creature carries a tiny little spear fashioned from wood and decorated with feathers, more a plaything than a serious weapon, and gasps when it sees you, jumping back as the toy-spear is brandished. You've got to make a decision, but you only have a moment.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!



Elanis Dressant [sheet]

Thinking fast, Elanis quickly slides up behind the young lizardfolk as he's distracted by the rest of the group and slides the spear right out of his hands, wrapping his other arm around him. He reassuringly pats him on the chest as he secures the spear. "Shh... it's ok little fella, don't worry. We're friends of Dirthak's, and we're here to help," he whispers, nodding for Yraine to translate. After he's sure the youngling is placated and won't raise an alarm or attack, he gently lets him go with a pat on the back and a smile.

Thievery: 1d20+12 27

e: Karela's up!

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Dec 8, 2016 around 05:40

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT RED BUFF




The cave floors are rougher in some places than others. Karela tries to steer the party over the more densely packed, harder areas where they'll leave fainter tracks. Deep into the incursion, however, the sound of following footsteps tells her that haste has been getting the better of her plan. Looking back, even she can see they've been leaving visible tracks - faint, but easily clear enough for the cave's denizens to pick up on.

Nature: 15

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Dirthak hisses in distress as he, too, hears the approach. "Quick, merciful masters! Tribe comes, comes quickly! This way!" In an instant, he's gone from your sight; but you can still hear him turning a corner. Looks like he's gone invisible again. You follow as best you can, abandoning stealth for speed for the moment, trying to find a safe place, but you come to an intersection in the caves, and you can't hear Dirthak anymore. In his panic, he must've gone on ahead, assuming you'd be able to follow, and not looked back. The steps behind you grow louder. You have to make a decision.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.



Lerissa is silent but fuming at the chieftain's story, too tired to actively engage in conversation, and sure she would rather let others handle it. But she is sympathetic in her looks and motions. When camping, she's half-asleep in a corner, leaning against a rock and closing her eyes. She follows quietly throughout the group's exploration, listening intently for anyone coming up to them, but letting others take the lead. It's when they seem surrounded that she snaps to action, moving forward and taking each member of the group. "Here." she hisses in a whisper. "Hide here." she says, moving each of them into small crevasses and corners; ones that would have been impossible to see on a casual glance or walk-through, that may barely fit their occupant but are snug enough to blend them in with rock. She hides herself last, ducking into a crawlspace and waiting, hoping it was enough.


Stealth: 1d20+10 27

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


The patrol catches by quickly, spears in hand, looking for intruders that can't be found thanks to Lerissa's quick thinking. You wait, holding your breath in the tense moment...but they pass by without noticing you, it seems. Waiting a moment longer just to be sure, you finally emerge from your hidey-holes and gather up again. Dirthak shows up too, looking slightly frazzled. "This way. Shiny one close, very close. Shiny one know intruders here!" The lizard hangs his head, seeming to have already accepted your fate, but he leads the way to what he calls the 'elder cave' nonetheless. You can spy the flickering light of flames even from the other end of the small corridor, where Dirthak stops. "Go, go now! Do as you said, merciful masters." He refuses to go further, and you don't see any other approach into the cavern. Looks like it's head-on or nothing.

You steel your shoulders and lift your heads, trying not to let the fatigue show. As you enter the 'elder cave', you see a few small huts, barely large enough to contain a person, with some faint wisps of smoke rising from the straw-and-mud-roofs. Flanked by these little shelters is a construction you can only rightfully describe as a throne; a large, imposing stone chair, given an ominous hue by the braziers in the room and two small, blue crystals to either side of the throne. The creature upon said throne catches your attention immediately, as the light from the room is reflected in thousands upon thousands of scales on a gigantic white snake tail. Attached to said snake-tail is the body of a fair woman with the same pale white coloration and a flawless complexion. Adorning her face is an opulent golden headdress, and her wrists and fingers are decorated with golden jewellery as well. Your eyes spy a few piles of gold, bones and jewels next to the throne, the collected tribute messily strewn about the dias the throne is seated on.

"So, here come the little softskin intruders," comes the whispered voice, magnified by the cave to reach your ears as clearly as if she were speaking at a normal volume. The snake-woman raises up, slithering forth from the throne to regard you carefully with her dark eyes. "Heroes, I suppose, come to save the farmers in distress?" She sighs melodramatically, shaking her head. "These primitive creatures show unfortunately little understanding. I specifically asked them for the farmer's daughter, and that's the one that slipped their grasp. It's regretfully difficult to find quality chattel, these days, but we must make do with the things we are given." Her voice sounds sweet, but you can't help but feel uneasy; there's a dangerous undertone that's emphasized by the intensity in her gaze.

"But where are my manners? My name is Tashmayuth. In your language, it means 'Radiant One'. Welcome to my lair. The mother and her child are unharmed, save for a few scrapes. Shall we negotiate?" Her hands spread invitingly as she smiles, but though you spy no weapon on her, Thotka's tales of how she turned the tribe against itself with a simple touch ring true in your thoughts, and you spy sharp, snake-like teeth in that smile.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!



Elanis Dressant [sheet]

"Sorry, that trick isn't gonna work on us," Elanis says, drawing his daggers. "Why don't you just go gently caress yourself with that giant tail of yours instead?"


Initiative: 1d20+7 25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009





"My friend is crude," says Yraine, "But correct, fiend."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply