Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«9 »
Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Angharad laughs. "That he is."

"I should say, Tashmayuth, I expected something...grander than yourself. Fishier." Her hammer rises and strikes the air at her side, making a stiff hiss of wind in the cave.

"But if you're the tyrant who's enslaved the good folk of Snagglestone, you will have to do!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

The creature looks surprised by the outburst, her brow rising. "Really? How crass." Her expression turns to disappointment. "I hoped we could come to a solution that might benefit us both. But I suppose your heads are filled with notions of --" she pauses mid-monologue, her eyes locking on Elanis. "You...I sense ruin on you. How did a rat like you get his hands on such a thing? That does not belong to you! Give it to me!" For the first time, you notice a break in her sophisticated facade, though you're not sure whether it is elation or indignation.

Elanis: You feel the presence of the orb clearly, much more clearly than you have before. It seems that it is reacting to the presence of your enemy...and it spreads a feeling of contentment in you, a gentle warmth, as if you are in a comfortable chair with a cozy hearth-fire soothing your bones. For the first time since you picked up this damnable thing, you don't feel quite as worried about protecting it from those who want it.

Tashmayuth rises up to her full height, composing herself after her outburst. "Perhaps I can salvage this venture after all. I shall enjoy breaking you, heroes. If you're good, I'll even keep you as personal attendants." Her voice becomes full of venom as her features twist, the nails on her hands sharpening to razor-like claws and her face becoming more serpentine. The shadows in the cave seem to grow longer as you behold her terrifying visage, and for the first time you realize exactly why the Snagglestone tribe spoke with such fear of this creature. Her presence seems to frighten even the mountains themselves, as the walls and floor of the cave shift and crack. Your minds are withheld by a wall of trepidation that suddenly arises despite your determination to end this evil. "You are tired..." she whispers, and her words take on an omnipresent quality, seeming to come from every direction at once, "Lay down your arms. This does not have to end with your deaths. You fought so valiantly. I commend your determination. But it will be for nothing, if you press on. I will destroy you, if you bring your might to bear against me. I will bring pain upon you such as you have never known before, and I will take your minds apart until there is nothing left. Won't you surrender?"

Elanis, Yraine and Karela are up!

- Light-gray squares is a slightly elevated height. Dark-gray squares are 5 feet up. Moving from one color tile to another takes twice the regular movement for a square, but moving within a color incurs no movement penalty.
- Brown squares are huts. You can move into a hut to gain cover from ranged or area attacks.
- All squares in the cave have dim-light. If you don't have low-light vision, enemies in dim light get concealment from attacks more than 3 squares away.
- Squares within the red lines have normal light. Red squares are braziers; anybody that moves into a red square takes 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends).
- Green line denotes Tashmayuth's Aura. If you are hit by an attack while within the aura, all squares within the aura become difficult terrain for you until the end of your next turn.

pre:
Initiative Order
Init	Name	 Location  HP    AC  Fort  Ref  Will   Conditions 

25 	Elanis	    I7   48/48   21   16   21   15    
18	Yraine	    I8   44/44   19   18   15   19     
15      Karela      J7   42/42   22   20   17   19   
13	Tashmayuth  F7   ??/??   ??   ??   ??   ?? 
10      Ethrielle   K8   36/36   19   15   19   19  
9       Lerissa     K6   38/38   22   15   20   18      
8       Angharad    I6   50/50   23   19   20   15    

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You're just lucky my jaw is broken!

Elanis Dressant [sheet]

Elanis squirms slightly and shifts his pack on his shoulders uneasily, trying to ignore the feeling emanating from the orb. "I... I guess you can ha--no!" he says as he struggles to fight Tashmayuth's "calming," alluring influence. "No! Get out of my head!" He decides the best way to deal with the problem is to take her out. He rushes up beside her and shoves his dagger into her side, sending her reeling from the pain, and hopefully getting her out of his mind.

edit: Move: to E7
Standard: Dazing Strike vs AC: 1d20+13 28 1d4+7+1+2d8+2 19 damage and she is dazed UEOMNT

pre:
Elanis Dressant   						 
HP: 45/48 (THP: )		AC:  21			Passive Insight: 13
Surges: 4/6 (V: 12)		Fort: 16		Passive Perception: 20
Initiative: +7			Ref:  21		Action Points: 1
Speed: 7			Will: 15		Vision: low-light
Languages: Common, Elven

Basic Attacks
MBA (Dagger): +13; 1d4+4
RBA (Dagger): +13; 1d4+7

At-Will				Encounter			Daily
Piercing Strike			[ ] Action Point		[x] Press the Advantage
Clever Strike			[ ] Second Wind
				[ ] Elven Accuracy                   	
				[ ] Disciplined Counter        
				[x] Dazing Strike
				[ ] Tumble
				[ ] Low Slash

Item Powers
[ ] Gloaming Leather Armor (Encounter)
[ ] Gloves of Piercing (Daily)

Conditionals/Resists
Reactive Stealth: Can make Stealth check to hide if I have cover or
		concealment when rolling initiative 
Light Blade Expertise: +1 to damage when attacking with CA
Brutal Scoundrel: Add Str mod to Sneak Attack damage
Backstabber: Sneak Attack dice are d8s

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Dec 17, 2016 around 04:49

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Stronger foes than you have tried that to my mind, fool," says Yraine, as calmness washes over her. "They, much like you, have always failed."

Yraine stalks her foe in a slight circle, staring her down. "My family rules a city with the power you carelessly wield. You struggle to control a tribe of innocent lizard people."

Then, like the snake's flickering tongue, the flail strikes.

Move to F6
Demoralizing Strike vs AC: 1d20+11 23 1d8+6 10
-2 to all defenses UEoMNT.

pre:
Yraine   						 
HP: 39/44 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 15
Surges:  5/10 (V:11)     For:  18    Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 0
Speed: 5    	         Will: 19    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Draconic
Power Points: 5/5

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Energizing Strike       [ ] Adept's Insight                  [ ] Implanted Suggestion
Demoralizing Strike     [ ] Eldritch Strike                  
Ire Strike              [ ][ ] Ardent Surge     
                        [ ] Ardent Alacrity
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Battle Awareness    
                        [ ] Sympathetic Agony

Item Powers
Casque of Tactics [ ]
Staggering Alhulak [ ]
Quicksilver Chainmail [ ]

Conditionals/Resists:
Flail Expertise: Choose to knock enemies prone instead of sliding.
Bolstering Surge: When I spend a healing surge, ally within my mantle gets 5 THP or saves
Wind of Sympathy: Ally in Mantle can use second wind when I do

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT RED BUFF

"Thanks for making it easy, Tasha! Father Vanha's embrace awaits you!"

Karela moves opposite Yraine, encircling their foe. She opens with a heavy downward swing - one that, despite her considerable might, goes embarassingly awry. Her sword impacts the floor with an awkward clong. Roaring, she hefts it up once again, spinning round, and catches the sinew of Tashmayuth's arm with a velocitous backswing.

Move Action: Walk to F8.
Standard Action: Earthgrasp Strike. Melee attack vs. AC: 1d20+14 (CA) = 17. If that misses, I use Heroic Effort to give the attack roll +4. If it hits, Tashmayuth takes 12 damage, is knocked prone, and if she tries to stand up before the end of my next turn, she takes 1d10+5 damage.
ACTION POINT
Standard Action: Sunspray Dance. Melee attack vs. AC: 1d20+14 (CA) = 31 (hit). Tashmayuth takes 13 damage and takes -2 to attack rolls UEoMNT.
Free Action: Mark Tashmayuth UEoMNT.

pre:
Karela Hag's Daughter   						 
HP: 42/42 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 8/8 (V: 10)      For:  20    Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 19    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Giant

Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs. AC; 1d12+6 damage.
Crit: +1d12 damage +1d6 lightning damage.

Thorn Strike            [ ] Heroic Effort                    [X] Form of the Fearsome Ram
Sunspray Dance          [X] Healing Word                     [ ] Resurgent Strike
Warden's Fury           [ ] Bathed in the Light                 
Warden's Grasp          [ ] Healing Strike
                        [ ] Earthgrasp Strike
                        [-] Form of the Fearsome Ram Attack

Item Powers
    Lightning Weapon At-Will: Free Action: Switch between lightning and normal damage.
    Acrobat Boots At-Will: Minor Action: Stand up from prone.
[ ] Lightning Weapon Daily: Free Action: When you hit, the target and each enemy within 
    2 squares of it take 1d6 lightning.

Conditionals/Resists:
Mounted Combat: While you are riding a creature, it can make any Athletics, Acrobatics, 
Endurance, or Stealth checks using your modifier in place of its own.
Battle Cleric's Lore: When you use a cleric power to let a target spend a healing surge, 
they gain +2 to attack rolls UEoYNT.
Nature's Wrath (Hybrid): Once during your turn, as a free action, mark one adjacent enemy USoYNT.
Font of Life: Roll a saving throw at the start of your turn.
Sunspray Warrior: Gain +1 to melee and ranged attack rolls while mounted.
Reinforcing Armor: When you take damage from a melee attack, gain a +1 item bonus 
to all defenses USoYNT.

------------------------------------------------------

Hurri   						 
HP: 45/58 (THP: )        AC:   17    
                         For:  16    Passive Perception: 18
                         Ref:  14    
Speed: 8     	         Will: 14    Vision: Low-light

Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs. AC; 1d6+5 damage.
Charger: A rider with Mounted Combat gets +5 to damage rolls on charge attacks.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

"Very well," she whispers, as she stands up, seemingly unfazed from Karela's additional blow as she does. There is a clarity in her eyes as she whispers a chant in a language you're unfamiliar with, and the first wave of attackers is hit with a crushing wave of psychic energy that seems to freeze their legs and prevent them from moving. Tashmayuth slithers out of the way, and her eyes lock onto the rear guard. Lerissa's mind is wracked by a terrible pain that seems to burn her from the inside out. "Let us see who will prevail, then." Despite her composure, you can see that you dealt her a good blow, that she may not have been expecting. There's a slight tremor in her hand, almost imperceptible in the low light of the caverns, and you can see dark welts and bruises underneath her flawless skin.

Tashmayuth saves against dazed at the start of her turn. (She rolls against all daze/stun/dominates, even if it's not save ends).
She uses a minor action to stand up, taking 1d10+5=14 damage.
She uses an attack that hits Karela and Angharad for 13 psychic damage, and they are immobilized (save ends). Elanis and Yraine are missed and therefore take 6 psychic damage and are slowed UEONT.
She then shifts to I10, and uses an ACTION POINT for another attack, missing Angharad and Ethrielle but hitting Lerissa for 8 psychic damage. She is slowed and takes ongoing 5 psychic (save ends both)

Everybody is up, but Ethrielle, Lerissa and Angharad get to go before the others!

- Light-gray squares is a slightly elevated height. Dark-gray squares are 5 feet up. Moving from one color tile to another takes twice the regular movement for a square, but moving within a color incurs no movement penalty.
- Brown squares are huts. You can move into a hut to gain cover from ranged or area attacks.
- All squares in the cave have dim-light. If you don't have low-light vision, enemies in dim light get concealment from attacks more than 3 squares away.
- Squares within the red lines have normal light. Red squares are braziers; anybody that moves into a red square takes 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends).
- Green line denotes Tashmayuth's Aura. If you are hit by an attack while within the aura, all squares within the aura become difficult terrain for you until the end of your next turn.

pre:
Initiative Order

25 	Elanis	    E7   39/48   21   16   21   15    Slowed
18	Yraine	    F6   33/44   19   18   15   19    Slowed
15      Karela      F8   29/42   22   20   17   19    Immobilized (Save Ends)
13	Tashmayuth  F7   16/84   19   17   17   19    -2 attacks, -2 defenses, Marked(Karela).
10      Ethrielle   K8   34/36   19   15   19   19    
9       Lerissa     K6   25/38   22   15   20   18    Slowed, Ongoing 5 (save ends both)
8       Angharad    I6   37/50   23   19   20   15    Immobilized (save ends)

Wahad fucked around with this message at Dec 17, 2016 around 14:31

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"Lady, you talk too much." No taking prisoners this time. She lined up her shots and let fly a flurry of deadly arrows. Tashmayuth dodged well, but not well enough to evade them all.

Minor: Hunter's Quarry, Tashmayuth is now my quarry.
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+10 24 11 2#1d12+3 5 12 1d6 5
Using Elven Accuracy to reroll the second attack, which ends up not mattering.
ACTION POINT!
Standard:
Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+10 18 11 2#1d12+3 8 8
That's 18 total damage, down she goes.

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 34/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 5/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light

Twin Strike             [x] Elven Accuracy                   [x] Silent Malediction
Grasping Shards         [ ] Second Wind                   
Hunter's Quarry         [ ] Whispers of Defeat        
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [ ] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Armor

Conditionals/Resists:
Manifestation of Malediction: When you hit with an Invoker encounter or daily, you may
	push one target you hit 1 square after the effect is resolved.
Reactive Stealth: If you have cover or concealment when you roll initiative, you may 
	make a Stealth check to hide at the same time.
Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift.
Shadowdance Leather Armor: Ranged and area attacks do not provoke opportunity attacks.
Cloak of Distortion: You get a +1 bonus to all defenses vs. ranged attacks from 5 
	or more squares away.
Frost Greatbow: Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all weapon attacks performed through
	the Frost Greatbow deal cold damage and gain the damage bonus from Silvery Glow.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

The serpentine woman hisses in rage as the arrows strike her. "Enough!" Her voice booms through the cavern as her features twist with a wild fury. "You will see what your courage has wrought, foolish softskins!" Like a lightningbolt, she darts forward, raking her claws at Ethrielle and Angharad to leave bleeding wounds on their stomachs, before coiling into herself and preparing for the next onslaught. Despite the initial heavy blows she had been dealt, she looks far more threatening now, and the weight on your minds seems to increase just from her sheer anger. This might be more difficult than you thought.

Upon dying, Tashmayuth shifts up to her speed and makes an attack as she does, missing Lerissa but hitting Angharad and Ethrielle for 13 damage, and they suffer 5 ongoing (save ends). Tashmayuth, Radiant One is removed from the battlefield and replaced by Tashmayuth, Raging One, who rolls a new initiative and fights as normal.

Due to Tashmayuth's new initiative, it's Lerissa's turn!

- Green line denotes Tashmayuth's Aura. If you are hit by an attack while within the aura, all squares within the aura become difficult terrain for you until the end of your next turn. If you suffer ongoing damage, and you end your turn in the Aura, you get slid one square.

pre:
Initiative Order

25 	Elanis	    E7   39/48   21   16   21   15    Slowed
18	Yraine	    F6   33/44   19   18   15   19    Slowed
10      Ethrielle   K8   21/36   19   15   19   19    Ongoing 5 (Save Ends)
9       Lerissa     K6   25/38   22   15   20   18    Slowed, Ongoing 5 psychic (Save Ends Both)
9       Tashmayuth  H4   84/84   19   17   17   19    
8       Angharad    I6   24/50   23   19   20   15    Bloodied. Immobilized (save ends), ongoing 5 (Save Ends)

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Lerissa clutches her head as the fire creature sends a shockwave through her mind, stepping back to avoid her attack but grunting in pain. "I don't like it when people get in my head!" she screams as the fire inside becomes the fire outside. "STAY OUT OF MY HEAD." she yells louder as she charges at the creature in a cloud of ash and smoke, ending with an explosive, fiery fist that slams into the creature's torso, leaving an impression that spews cinders. Her fists turn into balls of fire as she strikes the creature rapidly, each fist following the other.

Burning Brand vs Reflex: 1d20+11 18 2d8+7 14
Hellfire Heart after hitting with Burning Brand for 6 damage, then Flurry of Blows for 5 Damage, then Supreme Flurry for 5 more. The next person to hit her causes her and any adjacent enemies to take an additional 6 fire Damage
Saving Throw: 1d20 3

pre:
Lerissa   						 
HP: 25/38 (THP: )         AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 6/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +7   	  Ref:  20    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	          Will: 18    Vision: Low-light

At Will			      Encounter			             Daily
Blistering Flourish            [] Light the Fire               [x] Risen Sun
Steel Wind                    [x] Burning Brand                [x] Supreme Flurry
Flurry of Blows               [x] Hellfire Heart             
                               [] Dark Reaping
                               [] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Fireblood Ki Focus
[ ] Robe of Contingency Cloth Armor
[ ] Spidersilk Mantle
[x] Flame Bracers (Heroic)

Conditionals/Resists:
Resist 5 Fire
Imperious Majesty: When hitting a Creature who has not yet acted, it takes -5 to attacks against me until EoNT
Unnatural Vitality: When dropping, remain conscious and dazed, but fall unconscious if failed death saving throw.
Undead: You are considered both a Living Creature and an Undead Creature

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at Dec 17, 2016 around 19:52

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

In response to Lerissa's burning assault, Tashmayuth circles around the tiefling before wrapping her in her coils! The massive snaketail crushes the monk's body and holds her tight. "Oh, I think your head is quite the place to be, softskin," comes the furious whisper, and now that she's so close to the monster, Lerissa can see the unbridled rage and power that the snake-creature holds. When Tashmayuth bears her teeth, poison drips from elongated fangs, and she leans in for a deep bite into Lerissa's shoulder. A quick wriggle on Lerissa's part means the jaws snap shut without finding purchase, leading to an angry hiss. "You can't escape me. Accept your fate." The next bite hits home, and her teeth sink far into Lerissa's flesh, sending poison through her veins. It's too much for the poor woman, and she faints from the pain.

"This is what will become of you!" Tashmayuth hisses triumphantly, holding the limp body of Lerissa up for the rest to see. "Death and destruction! This is what your naive bravery brings you, heroes. I wield power like none of you have ever seen!"

Because she ended her turn in Tashmayuth's Aura, Lerissa is slid one square to I3
Tashmayuth shifts to H2, then uses a minor action attack to grab Lerissa! (DC21 to escape). She then bites Lerissa, but misses. Using an Action Point, she bites Lerissa again, hitting for 17 damage. Making the secondary attack, Tashmayuth hits for 13 poison damage. Lerissa is dazed, but has to roll death saving throws!

Everyone is up, but Angharad gets to go first!

- Green line denotes Tashmayuth's Aura. If you are hit by an attack while within the aura, all squares within the aura become difficult terrain for you until the end of your next turn. If you suffer ongoing damage, and you end your turn in the Aura, you get slid one square.

pre:
Initiative Order

25 	Elanis	    E7   39/48   21   16   21   15    
18	Yraine	    F6   33/44   19   18   15   19    
10      Ethrielle   K8   21/36   19   15   19   19    Ongoing 5 (Save Ends)
9       Lerissa     I4   -5/38   22   15   20   18    Dazed, Grabbed.
9       Tashmayuth  H4   54/84   19   17   17   19    
8       Angharad    I6   24/50   23   19   20   15    Bloodied. Immobilized (save ends), ongoing 5 (Save Ends)

Wahad fucked around with this message at Dec 17, 2016 around 20:42

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Save vs Immobilization: 3
Save vs Ongoing Damage: 20

The moment Tashmayuth begins to gloat, Angharad and Gramd crash into the back of the monster's neck with an echoing clunk.

"You ought to do better at seeing things yourself!" Just a second before the eladrin had faded from view, and promptly sent herself a dozen feet above her opponent. For if her legs wouldn't move her then gravity would gladly oblige. "Tashmayuth, you might look like a half-rate carnival show, and you certainly trick people just as well. Hah, but you make a first-rate landing cushion!"

Out of the corner of her visor Angharad checks, with briefly bated breath, if Lerissa is still breathing.

Shift stance to Defend The Line
Fey Step to G3
MBA vs. Tash (1d20+13): 29, with Power Strike for 20 damage. Tash is slowed until EoMNT
Tash is now subject to Defender's Aura

pre:
Stalwart Angharad   						 
HP:  24/50 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 6/12 (V: 12)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 15    Vision: Low-Light

Feywild Guardian         [ ] Glowering Threat                     
Glimmering Blade         [x][ ] Power Strike                   
Defend the Line          [x] Fey Step        
Defender Aura            [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[x]Plate Armor of Dwarven Vigor

Conditionals/Resists:
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 to sq. to push and slide attacks with hammer and mace
Vicious Advantage: Gain CA against slowed or immobilized targets
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Badge of the Berserker: When you charge, your movement made as part of the charge doesn't provoke Opportunity Attacks.

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at Dec 17, 2016 around 23:30

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Elanis Dressant [sheet]
Elanis holds his head for a moment, trying to get his bearings and clear his head from Tashmayuth's influence. He stalks over and stabs at her side, cutting deep into her flesh. "No more of this. We will not fall prey to your tricks, and you will not prevail," he says to her as he drops low and readies for a counter attack.

Move: to G4
Standard: Clever Strike vs AC: 1d20+13 31 33 (from CA) 1d4+7 9 + Sneak Attack Damage: 2d8+2+1 8 = 17 damage

pre:
Elanis Dressant   						 
HP: 39/48 (THP: )		AC:  21			Passive Insight: 13

Basic Attacks

[ ] Elven Accuracy                   	
				[ ] Disciplined Counter        
				[x] Dazing Strike
				[ ] Tumble
				[ ] Low Slash

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Dec 17, 2016 around 23:54

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"Lerissa! You get away from her you-!" She stopped herself before saying more. No. That was Tashmayuth trying to worm her way into her head. Instead channel that anger. Harness it. Control it. She exhaled sharply as she lined up another shot. Do what you do well. Trust Lerissa not to die so easily. Trust the others to do what you cannot. She released her arrows, satisfied they would fly true.

Move: Invigorating Stride, I shift to H8 and use my Second Wind to recover 9 HP.
Minor: Hunter's Quarry.
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+10 26 17 2#1d12+3 15 11 1d6 6
21 damage total. Stay down this time.

End of Turn: Saving Throw: 1d20 20 No more ongoing damage.

Immediate Interrupt: If Tashmayuth has a third form and hits me or a party member by less than 7, I will use Disruptive Strike and... miss horribly.
Disruptive Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 14 1d12+7 13

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 25/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 4/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23

Twin Strike             [x] Elven Accuracy                   [x] Silent Malediction
Grasping Shards         [x] Second Wind                   
                        [x] Invigorating Stride
                        [ ] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing

Conditionals/Resists:
Manifestation of Malediction: When you hit with an Invoker encounter or daily, you may
Reactive Stealth: If you have cover or concealment when you roll initiative, you may 
Shadowdance Leather Armor: Ranged and area attacks do not provoke opportunity attacks.
Cloak of Distortion: You get a +1 bonus to all defenses vs. ranged attacks from 5 
	or more squares away.
Frost Greatbow: Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all weapon attacks performed through
	the Frost Greatbow deal cold damage and gain the damage bonus from Silvery Glow.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

"No!" Now bleeding from several wounds, Tashmayuth shrieks in horror and slithers away, lashing out at Elanis as she does but the hasty attack does not find its target. Lerissa's body drops to the ground unceremoniously. "You cannot! I am your superior! You are nothing before me!" The anger that suppressed you now turns to fear, and you feel yourself able to move around easier. The tyrant is on her last ropes, and victory is assured.

Upon dying, Tashmayuth makes one attack, missing Elanis, then shifts her speed to I9 (despite being slowed). After the attack, Tashmayuth, Raging One is replaced by Tashmayuth, Desperate One, who rolls new initiative and fights as normal.

Yraine and Karela are up!

- Tashmayuth, Desperate One no longer has an aura, and she counts as bloodied for all intents and purposes.

pre:
Initiative Order

25 	Elanis	    G4   39/48   21   16   21   15    
18	Yraine	    F6   33/44   19   18   15   19    
11      Tashmayuth  I9   84/84   19   17   17   19    Bloodied.
10      Ethrielle   H8   30/36   19   15   19   19    
9       Lerissa     I4   -5/38   22   15   20   18    Dazed
8       Angharad    G3   24/50   23   19   20   15    Bloodied. Immobilized (save ends)

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Know this: I had I hoped for your calm surrender," says Yraine. "I did not think it would come, but I did hold hope."

The flail whips across the snake's mouth. "A choice remains. But I doubt you will make it right."

Yraine's mantle flares around her. "Come, my brave friends! Let us end this!"

Move to H10
Minor: Ardent Surge on Lerissa +Surge Bonus: 1d6 5
Energizing Strike (Aug 2) vs AC: 1d20+11 17 2d8+6 10
Use Adept's Insight Aug 1 to boost to 20, for a hit. Adept's Insight: 1d4+1 3
Angy may use a Healing Surge.

pre:
Yraine   						 
HP: 39/44 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 15
Power Points: 2/5

Energizing Strike       [X] Adept's Insight                  [ ] Implanted Suggestion
Ire Strike              [X][ ] Ardent Surge     
                        [ ] Ardent Alacrity
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Battle Awareness    
                        [ ] Sympathetic Agony

Item Powers
Casque of Tactics [ ]
Staggering Alhulak [ ]

Conditionals/Resists:
Bolstering Surge: When I spend a healing surge, ally within my mantle gets 5 THP or saves

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT RED BUFF

Karela struggles against the binding energy to no avail. "Still trapped!" She barks. "Angharradh, strike a blow for me!"

Start of Turn Saving Throw vs. Immobilized: 1d20 = 6.

Minor Action: Healing Word. Angharradh may spend a healing surge, regains 3 extra HP, and gets +2 to attack rolls UEoMNT.

End of Turn Saving Throw vs. Immobilized: 1d20 = 20.

pre:
Karela Hag's Daughter   						 
HP: 42/42 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 8/8 (V: 10)      For:  20    Passive Perception: 12
Initiative: +1   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 19    Vision: Normal
Languages: Common, Giant

Melee Basic Attack: +12 vs. AC; 1d12+6 damage.
Crit: +1d12 damage +1d6 lightning damage.

Thorn Strike            [X] Heroic Effort                    [X] Form of the Fearsome Ram
Sunspray Dance          [X] Healing Word                     [ ] Resurgent Strength
Warden's Fury           [ ] Bathed in the Light                 
Warden's Grasp          [ ] Healing Strike
                        [X] Earthgrasp Strike
                        [-] Form of the Fearsome Ram Attack

Item Powers
    Lightning Weapon At-Will: Free Action: Switch between lightning and normal damage.
    Acrobat Boots At-Will: Minor Action: Stand up from prone.
[ ] Lightning Weapon Daily: Free Action: When you hit, the target and each enemy within 
    2 squares of it take 1d6 lightning.

Conditionals/Resists:
Mounted Combat: While you are riding a creature, it can make any Athletics, Acrobatics, 
Endurance, or Stealth checks using your modifier in place of its own.
Battle Cleric's Lore: When you use a cleric power to let a target spend a healing surge, 
they gain +2 to attack rolls UEoYNT.
Nature's Wrath (Hybrid): Once during your turn, as a free action, mark one adjacent enemy USoYNT.
Font of Life: Roll a saving throw at the start of your turn.
Sunspray Warrior: Gain +1 to melee and ranged attack rolls while mounted.
Reinforcing Armor: When you take damage from a melee attack, gain a +1 item bonus 
to all defenses USoYNT.

------------------------------------------------------

Hurri   						 
HP: 45/58 (THP: )        AC:   17    
                         For:  16    Passive Perception: 18
                         Ref:  14    
Speed: 8     	         Will: 14    Vision: Low-light

Melee Basic Attack: +6 vs. AC; 1d6+5 damage.
Charger: A rider with Mounted Combat gets +5 to damage rolls on charge attacks.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

Tashmayuth's eyes have taken on a frenzied panic, as she darts away from Yraine's assault. A mental onslaught brings the Chengdonian to her knees once more, while the massive tail lashes out deceptively fast to pull Ethrielle into a crushing embrace.

Tashmayuth shifts to J8, then grabs Ethrielle! She is pulled to I8 and is grabbed, taking 5 ongoing damage while she remains grabbed (Escape DC 21). She then attacks Elanis and Yraine, missing the former but CRITTING Yraine for 16 psychic damage, and Yraine is slowed (save ends).

Everyone is up!

- Tashmayuth, Desperate One no longer has an aura, and she counts as bloodied for all intents and purposes.

pre:
Initiative Order

25 	Elanis	    G4   39/48   21   16   21   15    
18	Yraine	    F6   33/44   19   18   15   19    Slowed (save ends)
11      Tashmayuth  I9   74/84   19   17   17   19    Bloodied.
10      Ethrielle   H8   30/36   19   15   19   19    Grabbed, ongoing 5.
9       Lerissa     I4   14/38   22   15   20   18    Bloodied
8       Angharad    G3   50/50   23   19   20   15    Immobilized (save ends)

Wahad fucked around with this message at Dec 30, 2016 around 17:06

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Bones shudder as she is grabbed, she hisses as poison runs in her veins and drops. She certainly seems defeated or dead, as the creature holds her, then drops her unceremoniously. Her ruse foiled by the Lamia dropping her as she flees, she slowly stumbles to her feet while the creature is busy with Ethrielle. Her blood is bright red, like a torch, and as Yraine fills her with Energy her motions become faster, her eyes going dull to bright as she stands up much faster, her standing changing from a slow rise to a charge, heat gathering around her legs before she leaps forward with her foot extended in a corona of flames, though she misses with the blow.

"Yes, look upon what we become. That You strike us and we do not fall. Most assuredly, that's what is the case."

Move to I7[Blistering Flourish vs Reflex: 1d20+11 14 1d8+7 14

pre:
Lerissa   						 
HP: 25/38 (THP: )         AC:   22    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 6/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +7   	  Ref:  20    Action Points: 0
Speed: 6     	          Will: 18    Vision: Low-light

At Will			      Encounter			             Daily
Blistering Flourish            [] Light the Fire               [x] Risen Sun
Steel Wind                    [x] Burning Brand                [x] Supreme Flurry
Flurry of Blows               [x] Hellfire Heart             
                               [] Dark Reaping
                               [] Second Wind

Item Powers
[ ] Fireblood Ki Focus
[ ] Robe of Contingency Cloth Armor
[ ] Spidersilk Mantle
[x] Flame Bracers (Heroic)

Conditionals/Resists:
Resist 5 Fire
Imperious Majesty: When hitting a Creature who has not yet acted, it takes -5 to attacks against me until EoNT
Unnatural Vitality: When dropping, remain conscious and dazed, but fall unconscious if failed death saving throw.
Undead: You are considered both a Living Creature and an Undead Creature

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at Dec 30, 2016 around 19:11

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Elanis Dressant [sheet]

Elanis skulks around the battlefield silently, outflanking the snakewoman. He then shoves his dagger into her side and physically pulls her off of Ethrielle using the blade of it still lodged in her side. "Get. OFF," he commands. "And loving DIE already." He then pulls the blade out and attempts to stab her again, but it glances off of one of her scales.

Move: to K9
Minor: Low Slash vs Reflex: 1d20+13 32 1d4+7+2+1+2d8+2 26
Tashmayuth is slid to K8, breaking the grab on Ethrielle (or not per special snakelady trait). She is also slowed UEOMNT.
Standard:Piercing Strike vs Reflex: 1d20+13 16 1d4+7+1 12

Edited to add a standard action because i forgot low slash was a minor! I missed anyway tho

pre:
Elanis Dressant   						 
HP: 39/48 (THP: )		AC:  21			Passive Insight: 13

Basic Attacks

[ ] Elven Accuracy                   	
				[ ] Disciplined Counter        
				[x] Dazing Strike
				[ ] Tumble
				[x] Low Slash

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Dec 31, 2016 around 05:23

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"You could have yet saved yourself pain," says Yraine, "But you have picked the path of woe."

Implacably, she follows the retreating creature and with a vicious swipe slams her to the floor. "Think 'pon your deeds from your rightful place on the stone."

Move to J8
Demoralizing Strike vs AC: 1d20+11 29 1d8+6 13
-2 to all defenses UEoMNT
Free: Item daily to prone her.
Minor: Ardent Surge on Lerissa again, just in case.Ardent Surge: 1d6 2
Save: 1d20 8

pre:
Yraine   						 
HP: 33/44 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 15
Power Points: 2/5

Energizing Strike       [X] Adept's Insight                  [ ] Implanted Suggestion
Ire Strike              [X][X] Ardent Surge     
                        [ ] Ardent Alacrity
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Battle Awareness    
                        [ ] Sympathetic Agony

Item Powers
Casque of Tactics [ ]
Staggering Alhulak [X]

Conditionals/Resists:

K Prime fucked around with this message at Dec 31, 2016 around 15:17

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Ethrielle, buoyed more by fury than panic, stabbed at the creature's tail with an arrow in hand as her companions battered the snake-creature fiercely. Despite these efforts, she could not break free. A frustrated scream came to her lips, but the tail crushed the air from her lungs before it could escape.

Start of Turn: Take 5 ongoing.
Minor: Hunter's Quarry, she's my quarry again.
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+10 29 14 2#1d12+3 6 9 1d6 2
8 total damage.
Move: Acrobatics (Escape): 1d20+11 16 Escape attempt fails.

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 25/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 4/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23

Grasping Shards         [x] Second Wind                   
                        [x] Invigorating Stride
                        [x] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing

Conditionals/Resists:
	or more squares away.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Save vs Immobilization: 11

A luminescent pool of life rises around Angharad's feet and revives the feeling in her legs. Ever gracious, the woman takes a hand (the one still clutching her great-hammer) to wave a quick salute towards the friends responsible.

When she turns to their serpentine foe, however, she becomes as rigid as rock. "You there. Know that it is not our strength alone that has crushed your plans. We fight for Edwin and his family, for the young and old of Snagglestone, for all whose lives have suffered beneath you. I...I am but a humble elector, simply an instrument of their will. Face THEIR wrath, and FALL INTO THE ABYSS!"

Her charge carries with it the pounding rhythm of weight against stone, till her armored shoulder bashes into the monster's face at full force. As Tashmayuth reels back, Angharad lays both hands again upon Gramd, and drags the weapon into an upward blow so fierce that she hurls her foe meters into the air. The floor beneath is torn into little more than shards.

In the frozen moments when the "Radiant One" reaches the apex of her flight, Angharad's eyeless helm meets her sorcerous gaze. If by some psionic trick she could see into the eladrin's thoughts, what would she witness? Naught but a vision of her own imminent fate. A hammer is lifted. A hammer falls.

Tashmayuth's heart, if she could be said to have one, is pulverized into mist with the toll of an iron bell.

Shift stance to Glimmering Blade
Move/Charge to K7
Charging MBA w/ CA (1d20+14): 16, +2 from Karela gives 18, which hits after Yraine's debuff! Teamwork. Does 20 damage

Spending an Action Point to attack again! 34 on the attack for 10 damage. 30 total damage + the 46 she's taken this round = death.

And so ends Tashmayuth.

pre:
Stalwart Angharad   						 
HP:  50/50 (THP: )        AC:   23    Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 6/12 (V: 12)    For:  19    Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  20    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 15    Vision: Low-Light

Feywild Guardian         [x] Glowering Threat                     
Glimmering Blade         [x][x] Power Strike                   
Defend the Line          [x] Fey Step        
Defender Aura            [ ] Second Wind

Item Powers
[x]Plate Armor of Dwarven Vigor

Conditionals/Resists:
Bludgeon Expertise: +1 to sq. to push and slide attacks with hammer and mace
Vicious Advantage: Gain CA against slowed or immobilized targets
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Badge of the Berserker: When you charge, your movement made as part of the charge doesn't provoke Opportunity Attacks.

Bendigeidfran fucked around with this message at Dec 31, 2016 around 09:09

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

With Angharad's mighty strike, the creature doesn't even have time to scream. Her battered body simply lies there, motionless, her soul having passed without so much as a death-groan. Your victory, thus, is accompanied by a momentary silence. It does not last long, however, as other screams reach your ear, echoing to you from deep in the warren. Tashmayuth's presence on your own minds, too, vanishes abruptly, but not without a sting of pain, like eyes shirking a bright light after a long time in darkness. You can only imagine what the release is like for the Snagglestone tribe, who've been under her spell much longer. But those screams, too, eventually fade, and you are left with silence once more.

As you lick your wounds and compose yourselves, Dirthak comes running up. No longer invisible, his little lizard face that before was carrying only fear and the occasional sadness now alight with joy. "Merciful masters!" he cries out in Draconic, "Thank you! You promise lots, Dirthak no think you can, shiny one very powerful, but you kill shiny one! Free tribe! Make Dirthak have tribe again! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Yraine doesn't even need to translate for the rest of you to get the gist of his elated speech, as he falls to his knees and bows as deep as he can.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"A shame, in truth," says Yraine, sadly. "Great power used without kindness. She could have been a leader but instead she lies- a broken corpse."

Yraine turns her back on the body. "Thus always to tyrants. Let us find what became of friend Edwin's family."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Elanis Dressant [sheet]

Elanis rubs his head, glad that the creature's influence is gone. He then pulls his pack down and inspects it, ensuring that his orb is still in the hidden pocket. "I wonder how she knew I had this..." he mutters under his breath. He decides he should tell his companions what happened. "So I think Miss Hiss here found out about my orb somehow. And I suppose she knew what it was... I would've loved to have asked her about that part, but given her mind control powers, I feel like that would have gone... poorly."

He then takes a second to collect his thoughts before picking up where Yraine left off. "I agree. Dirthak," he says, nodding to the the ardent and then the kobald, "where does your tribe keep their prisoners? We must find our fellow tribesmen."

Look Around You fucked around with this message at Jan 1, 2017 around 06:38

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

DIrthak nods. "Yes, yes! Softskins close by, no worry." He scurries off from whence he came, gesturing for you to follow. It's but a short walk to a small cave, barred by a sturdy wooden grate-like structure. Inside, you see Diane, a middle-aged woman with dirty-blonde, disheveled hair protectively clutching a young child, perhaps eight years old. Though she leans back when she sees Dirthak approach, your own appearance leaves her a little more bemused. "What...are you doing here?" Her voice is but a hoarse whisper, and she coughs violently; a cursory inspection shows you bruises on her throat, no doubt incurred in the original raid. "I...know you. From Sharpeton. Seen you in the marketplace." Tears well in her eyes as she realizes what's going on. "It's over? Are..are we safe?" Relief washes over her in heavy sobs. The little boy stays quiet, however, and simply holds on tight to his mother's clothes.

As she's been talking, Dirthak has already undone the measures that kept the grate in place, and it lurches open with the creaking of wood. "Softskins still live, see? Take home now, yes!" He says, smiling. You're able to go into the cell and help Diane to her feet, though she keeps her boy in her arms, not wanting to let go yet.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"You are safe, friends," says Yraine gently. "Please, be at ease."

She kneels next to her. "When you can walk, we will leave here." She pauses. "We should take the corpse with us. The Snagglestones will desire proof."

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

"The proof would be in the clearing of their minds, I would think?" Lerissa asks. "I won't say that I will not do it but I don't have any desire to continue it past there and parade a corpse around in victory." she says. "Though I suppose it is fair enough to take it at least to the Snagglestones, yes, so they know their nightmare is over." she agrees.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"It could be a trick to cow them," says Yraine. "My parents oft did such things to the citizens- fake relaxation of law and order, followed by pain."

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

"I see. Well, if you think it is for the best then, you would have more experience in matters involving 'rulers' such as these."

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"I hope you need never find out more than you know," says Yraine, distantly, before shaking it off and turning back to the sobbing woman.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

As you busy yourself with consoling the woman and the conversation, you hear footsteps coming towards you. Quite a few of them, by the sound of it. Diane lets out a frightened gasp, and presses herself to the wall of her makeshift prison, turning to shield her son from the upcoming enemy. You guard yourself, just in case...as chief Thotka turns around the corner, followed by about half a dozen decorated lizards wearing all manner of colors and ornaments. Where the chieftain looked big before, in the relatively constrained area of the warren tunnels he seems positively gigantic. His frill is flattened, for otherwise it would scrape against the ceiling which leaves only a minute amount of space for his head otherwise, but he carries no weapon this time.

"Hail, heroes." His voice is soft, and marked by an odd inflection. At his gesture, three of the decorated lizardfolk run off into the chamber of your battle. "The release of the master's presence on our minds was...not without trial, but even painful freedom is freedom still." Dirthak has long since dropped to the ground in the presence of his chieftain, and says nothing. "I have been proven wrong, and shamed in my cowardice. You did the unthinkable, and freed Snagglestone. Though perhaps it was fate that a force of good from outside the tribe should vanquish the force of evil." He steps aside to reveal his followers, who give you all a respectful bow. You notice that they each carry some ritual implements, rods of bone and wood decorated with various gems and "These are the tribe elders, and they are as grateful for your service as I am. They will begin the burning of the body soon, before tending to those of our tribe that had been broken. But before that, we wish to present you with a token of our gratitude."

Two of the lizards come forward, opening a cloth sack to reveal six pairs of ring-like constructions. "It is but a small gift, but they are prized heirlooms of the Snagglestone tribe. Wearing this, you are recognized as members in good standing of the tribe, both for us and our allies among the other tribes that live upon this world. They are also magical in nature, and will aid you in your future endeavors," Thotka says. "If you wish to stay to recover your strength, then you are invited to do so. You are welcome to eat our food and drink our water. If you wish to go, your goat has been well-fed. But know that our hospitality will never fade, as long as you live. Snagglestone owes you a life debt, and it can never be repaid."

Everybody gets a choice of a pair of Boots of Free Movement, Bracers of Brachiation, or Luckbender Gloves.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

The sight of Diane reminds Angharad, briefly, that the letter she was writing to Ciaran will be quite a bit longer than planned. She paces up to the mother and child, nods cordially to the parent, then squats to the son's level with surprising grace. "Gard, is it? Mmm, you'll be a fine hero yourself one day. Trust me, I can tell." She taps her visor twice, and you could swear there was a mischievous glint beneath it.

Angharad bows in return to the assembled lizardfolk when the arrive. "The return of peace should cause no debt, friend Thotka. It is a gift to all, freely given!" The woman somewhat roughly lays an arm over the chieftain's shoulder, and raises a fist in a gesture of victory. "May our tribes enjoy this bounty for ages to come!"

Taking Boots of Free Movement.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"Righteousness is reward enough," agrees Yraine. "But friends are not a good to be priced. We are honored to be your friends."

She bows, graciously. "Remember this lesson, Thotka- accepting help is not weakness. I will need your help on some day, some future time."

I will take the Boots as well.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

"Yes, if you ever need our help again, please do not feel afraid or unable to call upon us, and we will assist you if we are able to." She agrees. "And thank you for the treasures you have given us."

I am taking the boots

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"All in a day's work," Ethrielle said with a bow. "Or two days I guess, we did march all night. We'll gladly take your hospitality and your tokens of friendship; in the future, just remember us fondly and that will be reward enough." She scratched her head and added, "Although I hate to be a downer, a farm was destroyed and people are dead. We'll explain the situation to the people of Sharpeton and do what we can to repair relations so I don't think there will be any retaliation, but it might take some work on your part too before the town sees you as friends."

Boots of Free Movement for me too!

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT RED BUFF

"One day at a time, Ethrielle. Now that we're done trading good deeds, not much else comes to my mind right now but sleep. And thanks. Especially to you, Zeera. I hope Hurri didn't make too much trouble."

I'll snatch up a pair of Luckbender Gloves!

Wahad
May 19, 2011

Everything by design.

The big lizard nods. "Aye. You have pushed yourself to the limits. I must go and tell the tribe that we have our own power again, and that we may continue to grow; but elder Derrega shall guide you to a place, and tend to your wounds where necessary. The rest will tend to the body of the m--" Thotka stops himself, willing himself to break the habit of calling Tashmayuth master once again. He clears his throat and continues, "the body of the enemy. You will have food and drink as much as your hearts may desire, and when you sleep, you will be undisturbed. Thank you again, heroes." With that, he gives you a bow, then pounds his chest with his meaty fist and walks off to find the rest of the tribe. Two more of the shamans break off to the cave where the snake-woman's body still lies, but you can already hear a low chant coming from that direction. The remaining lizardfolk - Derrega, you presume - is of smaller stature, similar to Dirthak, but their green eyes hold a peaceful gaze. Without a word, Derrega bows too, then gestures for you to follow them, hobbling along while using the decorated bone-staff they wield as support. You can see that their right leg doesn't have all its toes, and there is a long scar that runs to halfway up the shin.

You are guided to a small side-cavern, where a cozy fire burns. There's already a lizardfolk roasting some unidentified animal on a spit, carefully rotating the carcass, while another has prepared some sort of soup of roots and mushrooms. Derrega gestures for you to sit, and relax, and you gratefully take the offer. Diane, still tightly holding onto Gard, gives each of the lizardfolk a wide berth, always keeping at least one of you inbetween herself and the Snagglestone tribesmembers. As soon as you've settled, the elder starts inspecting your wounds, healing them where they are able, though they never say a word, not in Common nor Draconic. Your aching, sore muscles practically sigh in relief, no longer having to keep up the energy for the chase. Food comes soon after, and you are offered both a cup of unidentified spirits - clear of color, harsh in the throat, but with a warm, rich aftertaste - and plenty of water to drink. The nourishment is very welcome, and you find yourself relaxing again. Some of you turn to sleep's comforting embrace immediately, while others manage to remain conscious a while longer; Gard has since managed to disentangle himself from his mother's clutches, but never strays too far, only taking a few steps to admire your weapons and armor. Diane remains awake, still stiff with fear and alert, even as the last of you turns to rest on the hide-and-grass mattresses you have been provided with; but she makes no hostile moves towards the lizardfolk, simply remaining as far into the cave as possible, her back pressed against the wall.

Take an extended rest.

When morning comes, you wake only to find the farmer's wife and son sleeping in eachother's embrace, mother still protectively holding her child and sitting up right, as if she could bolt at any moment. During the night, Hurri has been brought to your side as well, the goat snoring peacefully near the entrance. A platter of cured meats and what smells like pickled slices of the same root vegetables from last night's stew has been laid out for you near the smoldering embers of the fire, as well as a steaming pot, surrounded by primitive clay cups, containing what you can only guess is tea; an earthy, comforting drink, with a pungent smell but a pleasant taste. As you partake in the breakfast, Diane wakes with a gasp, turning away from you in reflex - but then she recognizes you, and her surroundings, and realizes she is safe. The woman exhales heavily, and whispers soothing words to her son, who woke up as well with her violent movement. She lets go of the boy so he can join you in the eating, but she only takes some of the tea. "Can we go home now?" is the only thing she says, her eyes pleading with you for a return to safety.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

Angharad, having emerged from her trance earlier than the others, has made the platter significantly lighter on her own. The pickles especially have caught her fancy; she discreetly wraps a few to take back to Duke's.

Nonetheless, she still joins in for breakfast. She plucks up the choicest pieces she can find and hawks them to Gard. "Eat, eat. It's good!" For the absolute best ones, the meats with the finest fat-streaks and the veggies with the juiciest luster, her mailed fingers drop them onto his hands herself. Does this mean her teammates won't get them? It does.

"We can, Diane. Our quest here has come to an end, and after all this I believe we all miss the warmth of Sharpeton." A steely visage turns to the rest of the party. "What say you? Seb should still be waiting for us in the woods. And he's worried sick as well, no doubt."

So we mentioned retraining on an extended rest; I'd like to replace my current theme with Elemental Initiate, to snag its encounter power and set up a Ki Focus. I can't not get something called Rain of Hammers after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

"There is no need to tarry here," agrees Yraine, as she rises from a meditative posture. "I will return some day to renew our friendship with Thotka's clan, but for now we must return anon."

«9 »