Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Ethrielle entered the pub with a sigh of relaxation. She sat at the usual table and ordered a stout glass of beer; when you grow up in a majority dwarf country you learn how to handle your alcohol.

"I meant to follow up on rumors of giant predator animals moving in from the south," she murmured. "Yeah, I know it's usually just someone seeing a large bobcat and thinking it's a small cougar. But you never know, it might be real this time. But Mrs. Haxton's boys were tormenting a stray cat and I had to give them a talking-to, then some of the men asked me for some pointers on keeping their weapons in good condition. You know the town armory's running low on bowstrings and tools and such? Either people are getting careless and keep having to replace their things or some of this stuff's growing legs if you catch my meaning. Anyway, after that I thought I found another of those people with the weird amulets and had to investigate that. Oh, but don't worry Elanis, it was a false alarm. What I'm trying to say is, I got a little distracted today." She took a long swig from her mug. "All in all, I'd say the town's in pretty good shape. Not perfect, but closer than most other places we've been, right?"

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"Okay, 'giant' is probably overselling it on the townspeople's part. You know how it goes: the fish that gets away is always this big; the ancient warrior has arms the size of tree trunks; and the cat they found prowling their farm at night was the size of a horse with teeth like swords. I certainly haven't heard of dire animals migrating towards this region, but then again by now you know just because I have ears like this doesn't mean I'm in tune with nature, right?" She hated to curb Lerissa's enthusiasm, because honestly huge animals really did sound like it would be kinda fun. But it helped to keep perspective on these sorts of things.

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 5, 2016

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

She quickly moved to the girl's side, helping her up and into a chair while examining the wounds. They did not look life-threatening, but one never knew if poison or disease would set in unless you saw it. She enacted her best bedside manner: "Come here, sit down. It's okay, we're here to help so nothing bad is going to happen now. Just keep breathing and look after yourself, you can tell us all you want in a minute so just take your time and focus on taking dee~p, slo~w breaths..."

Heal: 1d20+11 18

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

The girl's grip was pretty strong and actually hurt a bit, but she kept it off her face. She placed a reassuring hand on hers and looked into her eyes. "It's okay, you're safe now. What's your name? Leave the rest to us, <name>. We're going to go check on your family, but these people will take care of you and we'll be back before you know it." She desperately wanted to tell her they would save her family without fail, but who knew how long the rest of the farm had been besieged? She had learned early on in her adventuring career not to make promises she could not keep. She slapped a handful of coppers on the table without counting, saying over her shoulder, "If it's too much, Duke, keep the change. If it's not enough we'll settle our tab when we get back." Those who know Ethrielle well knew the expression on her face well; nervous energy furrowed her brow and set her chin in something like determination. Something had to be done and by gods and goddesses she was going to do it even if she was not the best person for the job.

She followed just behind Elanis. "Come on, there isn't another moment to lose."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

At first despair overtook her. She knew there had been a chance of this, but even being prepared for the blow did little to ease the sting. The moment of calm dread gave her the chance and moment she needed, however. Her head rose as her ears perked, and she slowly dismounted from the horse.

"There's something inside," she said quietly. "It's very faint, but there's something moving in the house. Elanis and I could scout ahead, but I'm not sure it matters. If we're all standing in an open field like this I'm not sure any of us will remain hidden for long. You'd better take the horses back, Seb. I want to believe that's her family in there, but it's not my place to bet their lives over it. Or your life either, now that I think of it." She strung her bow with a practiced hand, and only after a moment did she correct herself. "Oh, that's not to imply I care about the horses more than you, Seb! Just that I was asked specifically to bring them back alive and... I'm going to stop talking now." She nocked an arrow to try and ignore the heat in her cheeks.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

That was her cue! She crept low and kept her eyes on the house. The fallen grass concealed a sinkhole, and she was unable to suppress a cry of alarm as her foot hit the ground a foot lower than expected. She sheepishly turned back to the rest of the group with an apology in her eyes. "Um, I don't think we're going to be able to sneak up on them..."

Stealth: 1d20+11 12

Two natty 1s on Stealth, this is not an auspicious start!

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

She could hardly believe she had messed up so badly. She could hear the enemies but could not see them. But Yraine's healing flowed over her and calmed her nerves. She could deal with this. Moving carefully, she whispered a prayer to her goddess, the exact words having long since been lost to the shifting sands of memory but the intensity of the devotion no less potent. It was impossible to miss the large creature's bellows, so she aimed the divine energy in that direction. A splitting headache and waves of fatigue flooded through her body from being used as a conduit for so much power. At least the flashing lights went away...

Move: to F12
Standard: Silent Malediction to Raider 2, Spy 2, and Brute.
Silent Malediction vs Fortitude: 3#1d20+8 28 CRIT! 19 24
On a hit it does 2d6+5 12 damage to Spy 2 and Brute and 17 damage to Raider 2, and inflicts Stun (Save Ends). On a miss it does half damage and the enemy is dazed UEoMNT.
I am dazed UEoMNT.
Saving Throw: 1d20 15

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 22/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 6/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +6   	 Ref:  19    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7     	         Will: 19    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Draconic

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Twin Strike             [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [x] Silent Malediction
Grasping Shards         [ ] Second Wind                   
Hunter's Quarry         [ ] Whispers of Defeat        
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [ ] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Armor

Conditionals/Resists:
My ranged and area attacks do not provoke opportunity attacks.
I get a +1 bonus to all defenses vs. ranged attacks from 5 or more squares away.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all weapon attacks performed through the Greatbow
	of Frost deal cold damage and gain the damage bonus from Silvery Glow.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Her head was still swimming from her last attack, but she managed to sink two arrows into the hulking monstrosity in quick succession. As the last of her dizziness left her, she listened carefully for the one that must have hit her with that flash attack. It must be hiding somewhere near here...

Standard: Twin Strike to Brute.
Twin Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 25 1d12+3 6
Twin Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 24 1d12+3 8
14 damage total.
Free: Perception check to find Spy 1. Perception: 1d20+13 31

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 22/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 6/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23
Languages: Common, Elven

Twin Strike             [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [x] Silent Malediction
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [ ] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing

Conditionals/Resists:
I get a +1 bonus to all defenses vs. ranged attacks from 5 or more squares away.
Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all weapon attacks performed through the Greatbow

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"Oh no you don't!" she shouted as she let a quick arrow fly. It buried into the beast's arm just as it was about to deal a crippling blow, turning its fist aside and leaving Angharad standing... though just barely. With practiced calm she loosed two more arrows at point-blank range to join it before circling around the creature. Now that she had its attention, she hoped Elanis saw the opportunity before those giant hands came at her.

Immediate Interrupt: Disruptive Strike to the Brute, as it attacks Angharad.
Disruptive Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 21 1d12+7 15
As per IRC conversation, this interrupts the 12 damage attack and gives it a retroactive -7 penalty to the attack roll, turning it into a miss. Angharad is still standing!

Minor: Hunter's Quarry, the Brute takes an additional +1d6 damage the first time I hit it with a ranger attack power each round.
Standard: Twin Strike, with +2 from Angharad's healing.
Twin Strike vs AC: 1d20+10+2 22 1d20+10+2 29 1d12+3 5 1d12+3 13 1d6 6
Two hits and HQ for a total of 24 damage.
Move: Shift to E12.

Somebody finish this one off!

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 34/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 5/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23

[ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [x] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing

Conditionals/Resists:

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 31, 2016

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

She approached the final lizardman cautiously, arrow nocked but not drawn. It did not appear to be hostile, and even if it were any further fighting on its part would go very poorly for it. Her eyes shifted to each of her companions in turn. "Does... anyone know what it's saying?"

Angharad's call jolted her. She fought a blush rising in her cheeks as she waved off, "Oh, you don't have to do that! I just saw a shot and took it; anyone else would have done the same. You've saved me lots of times and it's only fair I return the favor every so often." Ethrielle had purchased drinks for Angharad when she saved her life in the past, but it was impossible to tell whether the elf was choosing to ignore this or had forgotten it entirely. There was something she had not forgotten, though. "Besides, I'm the one that got their attention in the first place. We might not have gotten jumped if I hadn't shrieked like that..."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Ethrielle interjected, "Wait, before that. The first and only thing I want to know right now, is about the family. The humans that were here on the farm when his warband attacked. What happened to them? Where are they? Ask Dirthak that, Yraine, even if the answer isn't good. Please." Her eyes quivered, hoping for a happy ending but steeling themselves for a bad one.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Ethrielle told her passenger, "Don't worry, we're not going to make you do anything you really don't want to." She considered patting Dirthak's head but decided against it. That was probably the fatigue talking. "We haven't had problems with your people in the past and we don't want trouble now." To everyone else she said, "We can't really leave this 'shiny one' alone if he's going to be causing incidents like this, but that can wait until Edwin's family is safe. If we have to fight, I'm ready."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Part of her job in the team was to keep an eye out for ambushes and neutralize attackers from afar. This was especially important with any mind-affecting attacks which could cause them to be overwhelmed in moments. She recognized a spell being cast and let an arrow fly, not fast enough to dispel it completely but hopefully it was in time to stop the caster's concentration. The spells effects should be reduced, hopefully just enough to prevent the first attack from being a decisive one.

Immediate Interrupt: Disruptive Strike to the Mystic in response to the attack on Angharad. Sorry Lerissa and Yraine, but we need her to form our frontline. I'd have saved Yraine if she had a way to grant saving throws outside of spending her own surges, and with the attack rolls they had and Lerissa's bad Fort there wasn't anything I could do for the monk.
Disruptive Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 28 1d12+7 11 damage and the attack on Angharad gets a -7 penalty to the attack roll, which should turn it into a miss.

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 

[ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [x] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing

Conditionals/Resists:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Moving to a more advantageous position, Ethrielle chanted a brief prayer of protection and guidance to Sehanine. Her enemies would have a harder time striking her allies, and they would be wracked with indecision as the inevitability of their defeat came ever closer.

Move: to L5
Standard: Whispers of Defeat, close burst 5 targeting all enemies but the Mystic.
Whispers of Defeat vs Will (Swarm, Chieftain, Bomber, Pyro): 4#1d20+8 15 20 25 14
Using Elven Accuracy to reroll the attack against the Swarm. Elven Accuracy Reroll (Whispers of Defeat vs. Swarm): 1d20+8 19
On a hit they get a -2 penalty to attack rolls and take 9 psychic damage each time they miss UEoMNT. Also pushing the Swarm 1 square (due to Malediction Covenant) to F5-G6.
Minor: Designate the Swarm as my quarry.

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 

Twin Strike             [x] Elven Accuracy                   [x] Silent Malediction
Hunter's Quarry         [x] Whispers of Defeat        
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [x] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing

Conditionals/Resists:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

The magic and artillery were getting to be too much! Her first arrow had not deterred the mage, but that did not mean she had to kill him. Yet. She palmed two arrows, firing one after the other. One volley hit the mystic's staff squarely at the tip, snapping it in two. The other went between the goblin's legs, tearing the fabric of their clothing just below his... other staff. She locked eyes with him and gestured toward the Chieftain. "You make sure he doesn't die. But move wrong and you know exactly where the next one's landing." She did not know whether the mystic spoke Common as well, but she imagined her meaning was clear enough.

Standard: Twin Strike to the Mystic.
Twin Strike vs AC (Mystic): 2#1d20+10 23 22 2#1d12+3 13 8
Non-lethal kill.
Move: to K4

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 

Twin Strike             [x] Elven Accuracy                   [x] Silent Malediction
Hunter's Quarry         [x] Whispers of Defeat        
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [x] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing

Conditionals/Resists:

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"I've had a lot of experience scouting out mountain paths," Ethrielle humble-bragged. "Even in an unfamiliar place I should be able to get the job done." Shielding her eyes (for there is only a tiny difference between squinting into the morning sun, and closing them to invite sleep) she devised a path to follow. "It should be possible to avoid the patrols if we cut across the eastern paths. We'll need to keep good time, though."

Perception: 1d20+13+2 33
Passing to Angharad!

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"Lady, you talk too much." No taking prisoners this time. She lined up her shots and let fly a flurry of deadly arrows. Tashmayuth dodged well, but not well enough to evade them all.

Minor: Hunter's Quarry, Tashmayuth is now my quarry.
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+10 24 11 2#1d12+3 5 12 1d6 5
Using Elven Accuracy to reroll the second attack, which ends up not mattering.
ACTION POINT!
Standard:
Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+10 18 11 2#1d12+3 8 8
That's 18 total damage, down she goes.

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 

[ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [ ] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing

Conditionals/Resists:
Manifestation of Malediction: When you hit with an Invoker encounter or daily, you may
	push one target you hit 1 square after the effect is resolved.
Reactive Stealth: If you have cover or concealment when you roll initiative, you may 
	make a Stealth check to hide at the same time.
Wild Step: You ignore difficult terrain when you shift.
Shadowdance Leather Armor: Ranged and area attacks do not provoke opportunity attacks.
Cloak of Distortion: You get a +1 bonus to all defenses vs. ranged attacks from 5 
	or more squares away.
Frost Greatbow: Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all weapon attacks performed through
	the Frost Greatbow deal cold damage and gain the damage bonus from Silvery Glow.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"Lerissa! You get away from her you-!" She stopped herself before saying more. No. That was Tashmayuth trying to worm her way into her head. Instead channel that anger. Harness it. Control it. She exhaled sharply as she lined up another shot. Do what you do well. Trust Lerissa not to die so easily. Trust the others to do what you cannot. She released her arrows, satisfied they would fly true.

Move: Invigorating Stride, I shift to H8 and use my Second Wind to recover 9 HP.
Minor: Hunter's Quarry.
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+10 26 17 2#1d12+3 15 11 1d6 6
21 damage total. Stay down this time. :commissar:

End of Turn: Saving Throw: 1d20 20 No more ongoing damage.

Immediate Interrupt: If Tashmayuth has a third form and hits me or a party member by less than 7, I will use Disruptive Strike and... miss horribly.
Disruptive Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 14 1d12+7 13

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 25/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 4/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23

Grasping Shards         [x] Second Wind                   
                        [x] Invigorating Stride
                        [ ] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing

Conditionals/Resists:
Manifestation of Malediction: When you hit with an Invoker encounter or daily, you may
Reactive Stealth: If you have cover or concealment when you roll initiative, you may 
Shadowdance Leather Armor: Ranged and area attacks do not provoke opportunity attacks.
Cloak of Distortion: You get a +1 bonus to all defenses vs. ranged attacks from 5 
	or more squares away.
Frost Greatbow: Unless otherwise explicitly stated, all weapon attacks performed through
	the Frost Greatbow deal cold damage and gain the damage bonus from Silvery Glow.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Ethrielle, buoyed more by fury than panic, stabbed at the creature's tail with an arrow in hand as her companions battered the snake-creature fiercely. Despite these efforts, she could not break free. A frustrated scream came to her lips, but the tail crushed the air from her lungs before it could escape.

Start of Turn: Take 5 ongoing.
Minor: Hunter's Quarry, she's my quarry again.
Standard: Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+10 29 14 2#1d12+3 6 9 1d6 2
8 total damage.
Move: Acrobatics (Escape): 1d20+11 16 Escape attempt fails.

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 25/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 4/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23

Grasping Shards         [x] Second Wind                   
                        [x] Invigorating Stride
                        [x] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost
[ ] Gloves of Piercing

Conditionals/Resists:
	or more squares away.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"All in a day's work," Ethrielle said with a bow. "Or two days I guess, we did march all night. We'll gladly take your hospitality and your tokens of friendship; in the future, just remember us fondly and that will be reward enough." She scratched her head and added, "Although I hate to be a downer, a farm was destroyed and people are dead. We'll explain the situation to the people of Sharpeton and do what we can to repair relations so I don't think there will be any retaliation, but it might take some work on your part too before the town sees you as friends."

Boots of Free Movement for me too!

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Ethrielle cheerfully passed on the invitation to chess-box. "I'll be moral support instead. I'm not so good at punching and you already know how bad I am at chess." During their first and only match Angharad was patient and understanding, allowing Ethrielle a take-back while tactfully not mentioning Ethrielle's moves had the nickname of Fool's Mate. The rest of the game had not gone much better for her, and she simply accepted chess was not one of her talents.

If I'm allowed, taking Bracers of Archery as an "armor" pick.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Ethrielle could not quite stop a smirk from spreading to her lips. "If they did something to him to lure you out, then I think they've underestimated what they're trying to catch. Maybe his drinking buddies at the Ballad could tell us something? Even if Howell wasn't acting suspicious and said nothing out of the ordinary that's still useful information."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"Yeah, let's do that," Ethrielle said with a shiver. "This is just too eerie. It really is like he just vanished into thin air."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"Might be worth it to talk to that half-orc, too." She jerked her head back to point toward a retreating worker with her chin. "If there's anything useful I learned as a soldier, it's that the rank-and-file have a better idea of what's going on close to the ground and they're a lot less shy than the brass is about complaining. Anyone who wants to come with had better hurry, even I might lose them if we let them get away." Then she took off without waiting for a reply, hoping to catch the half-orc she saw speaking to the halfling (who was maybe the foreman?) before he became just another face in the crowd.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

There were very few targets which could escape Ethrielle once she set her sights on them, as long as nothing else came and distracted her. Curious, she had thought he was a worker but he was walking straight through the mill area without stopping. Clearly he was heading somewhere to have such a purposeful stride, but where? Realizing she may have seen something other than a worker dispute, she started to hang back to avoid the half-orc's notice.

Perception: 1d20+13 20
Stealth: 1d20+11 20

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Oh dear, this was not good. "Hiya!" she said, hoping that being disarmingly cheerful would help him forget about shadowing him. "I saw you arguing with the foreman at the mill so I thought you were a worker. You don't seem to be going to work, though, so now I don't know what to think. What were you and she talking about, if you don't mind my asking? Oh, I'm not a worker either, I'm just in the area as... well, as a favor to a friend let's say."

Diplomacy: 1d20+2 5

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Ethrielle shook her head. "We don't know much about whatever situation you have with the mills. We're actually investigating the disappearance of a few of their workers. It's weird because they didn't just stop showing up to work, they vanished like ghosts. Even their families haven't seen them. Now I know it might seem like I'm accusing you of something but as far as I know having a disagreement with local industry isn't a crime, and if it is I'm not interested in enforcing it. So please don't take this the wrong way, but have you heard anything about that?"

I might not be accusing them but I don't exactly trust them. Not like I'm catching a lie with that roll.
Insight: 1d20+6 10
Also, would I know anything about the Circle of Feldine? I've gone on patrol in the nearby wilderness so I've probably heard of them at least.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"I think... we're gonna need to meet you there later. I don't have a way of talking to them from here, and I need to see what they found out from the foreman. But it was very nice to meet you and I hope we can work something out! Um, if that's everything I'd better get back to them; they worry about me when I run off by myself." And if they didn't, maybe they should.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Ethrielle hated to damped Ang's spirits. "Animals and wildshapers... have a different view when it comes to negotiation. They don't learn how to drink tea or maintain good posture because they don't have time for any of that. You should find them otherwise polite, though. In their world having bad manners means someone tears out your throat. At the very least there won't be anything passive about their aggression. At least, the ones in Anseim were like that."

Hoping for a peaceful resolution but expecting trouble anyway, Ethrielle strung her bow. "Before we go, Calvin, I'm interested in hearing more about this deal you have with the druids. It might be related to what's happening now, or there could be a way to use it to resolve this issue."

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Ethrielle squinted and tried to look further into the cave entrance. She strung her bow with a sigh. "Adventurers for hire, meet suspicious hole in the ground. Hate to say it but I think our crew are the best people to handle this. What do you say, gang? Ready for a search and rescue mission?"

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"I'll be right behind you," she said to Elanis as she nocked an arrow. "Quickly and quietly."

Stealth: 1d20+11 20

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

She was not fast enough to rescue Elanis from the dog head-slamming him, but the one who tried to bite him while he was on the ground earned an arrow to the side for his trouble. There were enemies all around them, so she prayed to the goddess Sehanine for protection, hoping Her silvery light would reach this dark and unholy place. Her prayers were answered; a brief flash of light disoriented the lead hound and knocked it off-balance. It scrabbled against the lip of the pit to try and keep from going over...

Immediate Interrupt: When Hound 4 bites at Elanis, I use Disruptive Strike on it. With CA because I am hidden.
Disruptive Strike vs AC: 1d20+10+2 13 1d12+7 14
That's a, uh... natural 1. Seeker of Illefarn feature, I reroll that attack.
Disruptive Strike vs AC: 1d20+10+2 20
14 damage and the dog gets a -7 penalty to that attack roll, turning their bite into a miss. I am no longer hidden.

Standard:Whispers of Defeat, close burst 5, affects enemies. I put the order of my targets in my roll notation since that can't be edited later.
Whispers of Defeat vs Will (Hound 2, GuardHound, Hound 3, Hound 4): 4#1d20+8 9 28 24 16
Hound 2 definitely missed, GuardHound, Hound 3, and Hound 4 are hit (GuardHound actually gets critted but this attack deals no damage so pfffft). Any enemy hit gets -2 penalty to attack rolls and takes 9 psychic damage every time they miss UEoMNT. I push GuardHound 1 square into the pit. It gets a saving throw to avoid taking the plunge: on a successful save it stays where it is and is knocked prone, on a failure they fall and take 1d10 falling damage.
edit: As per Discord, the GuardHound fails the save and falls into the pit, taking 9 damage (reduced to 4 by insubstantial).
Minor: Hound 2 becomes my Quarry.
Move: to L7

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 36/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16
Surges: 7/7 (V: 9)       For:  15    Passive Perception: 23
Saving Throw bonuses: +2 to slow, immobilize, or restrain

Twin Strike             [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [ ] Silent Malediction
Hunter's Quarry         [X] Whispers of Defeat        
			[X] Seeker of Illefarn
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [X] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers
[ ] Greatbow of Frost (D)
[ ] Gloves of Piercing (D)
[ ] Shadowdance Leather Armor (D)
[ ] Boots of Free Movement (E)

Conditionals/Resists:
	or more squares away.

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 23, 2017

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Ack! She thought she had been safe! Ethrielle planted an arrow in the beast but her second shot went wide.

Standard:Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+10 20 16 1d12+5 14 1d12+5 12 1d6 3
Total 17 damage to Hound 2.
Move: to K7

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 
HP: 28/36 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 16

Twin Strike             [ ] Elven Accuracy                   [ ] Silent Malediction
			[X] Seeker of Illefarn
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [X] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:
	or more squares away.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Ethrielle stayed one step ahead of the snapping jaws, but she was not the one in the most trouble right now. "Ang! Stay down for two seconds!" She fired two quick arrows, one burying itself in the ghostly archer's shoulder but the other whizzing slightly over its head to snap uselessly against the back wall.

Standard: Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+10 18 17 2#1d12+5 12 7
Elven Accuracy Reroll: 1d20+10 11 Also a bust.

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 

Twin Strike             [X] Elven Accuracy                   [ ] Silent Malediction
			[X] Seeker of Illefarn
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [X] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:
	or more squares away.

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 4, 2017

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"Thanks Elanis! Let's wrap this up!" She moved to a better position and let loose two arrows, catching the dog in the neck to bring it down for good.

Move: to F1
Minor: Hunter's Quarry on Hound 1
Standard:Twin Strike vs AC: 2#1d20+10 30 16 2#1d12+5 11 16 1d6 1 CRIT!
First hit does 23 damage before rolling any crit dice, he dead.

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 

Twin Strike             [X] Elven Accuracy                   [ ] Silent Malediction
Hunter's Quarry         [ ] Action Point
			[X] Whispers of Defeat        
			[X] Seeker of Illefarn
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [X] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:
	or more squares away.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

Only one left. She hoped to take it down quickly, but her arrows seemed to have little effect...

Minor: Hunter's Quarry on GuardHound.
Standard: Twin Strike.
Twin Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 14 1d12+5 11 1d6 5 Miss.
Twin Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 29 1d12+5 12 1d6 1 Hit for 6 damage after insubstantial.

pre:
Ethrielle Syvan   						 

Hunter's Quarry         [ ] Action Point
			[X] Whispers of Defeat        
			[X] Seeker of Illefarn
                        [ ] Invigorating Stride
                        [X] Disruptive Strike

Item Powers

Conditionals/Resists:
	or more squares away.

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

"Well, Sehanine does keep many secrets..." Especially from her own followers, she decided not to say. She took a look at the patterns of runes; if Ang could not decipher their precise meaning then Ethrielle had no chance at all, but perhaps she could find something out of place among the symbols. Something that might give a hint as to what kind of puzzle this was...

Perception: 1d20+13 21

Also, spending a surge to top off my HP.

TheArchimage fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheArchimage
Dec 17, 2008

She informed the group of what she saw, hoping she had been able to point them to something useful. Ethrielle clearly was not going to get any farther reading the sigils. A lack of formal education and an antipathy bordering on hostility for books left her ill-equipped to solve the puzzle that way. So if she could not read the sigils, she would read the person who wrote them. "You seem pretty nervous all of a sudden," she teased. "So is a little girl poking around your scribbles dangerous for her... or for you?"

Insight: 1d20+6 20

• Locked thread