Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I'm not good enough at this to offer feedback on those or any builds, but:

I'll say if you're on PC you can download the PTS build which is a test build of the game where nothing stays, and play around with changes there. You can make a new character that is max level and has access to any gear so you can see which things make a difference and maybe even try different classes you may be curious about.

Also, there are changes to the CP system coming in two weeks that will change the power curve. Top players are complaining about nerfs and how it increases the grind, but for you I think it'll raise the floor and help out a bit.

Also

I hope at least your weapons are 160, because yeah that'll make a difference. You should get a matching set or two, any kind of matching set at 160 will be a boost even if it's not a particularly good one.

Oh I didn't even think about the PTS, that is a great idea thank you!

Right now I think I have 3 pieces of Hunding’s Rage (I didn't have the traits researched to make myself a full set yet, lol) since that was easily accessible. My backbar bow is 160 and I have I think one dagger at 150 and the other at like 120. I also ran out of mats for crafting higher CP gear at that point because I am too stubborn to go find a guild of randos just to craft me something or pay someone to do it :newlol: Sounds like I should just keep on trucking through things to get mats and drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Aceofblue posted:

Oh I didn't even think about the PTS, that is a great idea thank you!

Right now I think I have 3 pieces of Hunding’s Rage (I didn't have the traits researched to make myself a full set yet, lol) since that was easily accessible. My backbar bow is 160 and I have I think one dagger at 150 and the other at like 120. I also ran out of mats for crafting higher CP gear at that point because I am too stubborn to go find a guild of randos just to craft me something or pay someone to do it :newlol: Sounds like I should just keep on trucking through things to get mats and drops.

I have like 40k rubedo leather, so someone invite you to the goon guild and it's fairly trivial to make a set of hundings. That said, necromancer is pretty finicky in terms of rotation, etc, so while you can do whatever you like and be fine for overland or normal dungeons, you may want to consider a simpler build/class for some stuff if LA weaving/swapping/rotations are not your bag. Yes, heavy attack 1 bar magsorc exists, and as it is a one bar build, it is certainly the easiest to play (other than yiffing out to be a werewolf, but gross). Heavy attack builds are a thing for magDK and magplar in terms of serious (80K) DPS builds, which shows you where this game is at in terms of some classes. Sigh.

Nut Better
Feb 17, 2011

:same:

OP looks like it may be out of date but I'm starting to get back in to this game and was wondering if I could get a guild invite. UserID is @Vash1122

Thanks!

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Is there still an active guild up on EU-PC? @OldManJaxe
Could use a second guild to be a part of. :)

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Doctor Zero posted:

Stamina. The stealth is all Stam based

I do just fine sneaking and stealing with my magicka nightblade. You can spam the invisibility power and just run past almost anything.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

So I did one of the event dailies and only got 1 ticket this morning. What's up with that?

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

The Diddler posted:

So I did one of the event dailies and only got 1 ticket this morning. What's up with that?

You only get two per day. One from Morrowind and one from Clockwork City. This is all you got initially when they started the ticket events , but then ZOS started handing out more due to the amount of magical elf dog deer pokemans they were releasing.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

DoriDori240 posted:

You only get two per day. One from Morrowind and one from Clockwork City. This is all you got initially when they started the ticket events , but then ZOS started handing out more due to the amount of magical elf dog deer pokemans they were releasing.

Oh weird. I thought I got 2 from the first one I did, regardless of the location. I guess I'll just get one of the big things this event then.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

You get another event ticket for doing morrowing content?

Dang it

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Mr Hootington posted:

You get another event ticket for doing morrowing content?

Dang it

Specifically the Vvardenfell dailies not just any content.

Edit: Plus all nodes in both Vvardenfell & Clockwork City are double resources. And almost everything gives the purple lockboxes for the event. I was getting them almost 100% of the time on the little water bags that no one ever picks up.

Trastion fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 5, 2021

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

In a very shocking turn of events, devs actually realized that letting players get carried by proc sets was in fact a stupid idea and are disabling proc sets until Q3 2021.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7149943/#Comment_7149943

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Trastion posted:

Specifically the Vvardenfell dailies not just any content.

Edit: Plus all nodes in both Vvardenfell & Clockwork City are double resources. And almost everything gives the purple lockboxes for the event. I was getting them almost 100% of the time on the little water bags that no one ever picks up.

What little water bags?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Diephoon posted:

What little water bags?

Water skins.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Oh those can drop caches? Neat! Are the rewards any good? I hopped on for the first time since last May and got the oilslick skin out of my clockwork city daily cache so I'm not sure what else to look forward to.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Diephoon posted:

Oh those can drop caches? Neat! Are the rewards any good? I hopped on for the first time since last May and got the oilslick skin out of my clockwork city daily cache so I'm not sure what else to look forward to.

The new ordinator skin is cool. A chance for motifs for those area sets. Some look cool. There is a new memento and pet that is fun.

The ordinator is easy to get. You just have to camp a WB. I also have some extra pages if you are in the goon guild.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 6, 2021

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
How is this game these days? Sounds like there's an Oblivion expansion coming soon? I picked up the Greymoore edition a bit ago but never really got around to getting deep into the game. Is this reworking spree they're on a good time to come back if I'm gonna be mostly starting fresh and all? How's the leveling experience now that they've opened the zones up and all?

Poe
Jul 22, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

How is this game these days? Sounds like there's an Oblivion expansion coming soon? I picked up the Greymoore edition a bit ago but never really got around to getting deep into the game. Is this reworking spree they're on a good time to come back if I'm gonna be mostly starting fresh and all? How's the leveling experience now that they've opened the zones up and all?

Other people can speak to PVP but the impression I get is generally bad, but if you're just looking for PVE the Greymoor content is decent but felt a little worse than Morrowind, Summerset, and Elsweyr. Your tolerance for gray tundra might be different from mine, though I liked Wrothgar more, too. You also have the option to go to earlier zones and quest there, but the plot can be a bit disjointed unless you pay attention to where the zone officially starts and follow prompts from there.

Until you have a level 50 character and are getting champion points, this reworked system won't apply to you, though they will be doing an event for it which let's you respec for free so if you want to go wild without spending the gold normally required to try things out you can.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Played this game a tiny bit a few years ago (pre-Morrowind) and was thinking about giving it another shot. I'm finding it difficult to figure out what the hell I should be purchasing though, between all of the expansions, DLCs, upgrades, and subscription. All I have is the "Gold Edition". Any advice?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Vargs posted:

Played this game a tiny bit a few years ago (pre-Morrowind) and was thinking about giving it another shot. I'm finding it difficult to figure out what the hell I should be purchasing though, between all of the expansions, DLCs, upgrades, and subscription. All I have is the "Gold Edition". Any advice?

Just get a subscription if you want to see everything and all DLCs. That's the easiest way, and except for cosmetic stuff gets you the whole shebang including current and past expansions. You can always get the collectors editions of the DLCs if you want the Horse Armor content later.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
With the new CP update, just want to signal boost this addon, as it is incredible:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2951-JackofallTrades.html

Tested it out on the PTS, does what it says on the tin:

Automatically adjusts your green champion bar loadout depending on what you are attempting to achieve and restores back your old CP setup when you are done.

Crafting

Automatically slots Master Gatherer and Plentiful Harvest when you start harvesting a crafting node.

Automatically slots Meticulous Disassembly when you start crafting, ensuring you always get optimal refining results!

Riding

Automatically slots Gifted Rider, and War Mount whenever your mount up!

Looting

Automatically slots Treasure Hunter, and Homemaker whenever you are looting the relevant container.

Fishing

Slots Reel Technique and Angler's Instincts whenever you start fishing.

Thieving

Slots Sustaing Shadows whenever you start sneaking, keeping you in the dark for longer!

Slots Infamous whenever you interact with a fence, helping you always get the best selling price.

Slots Cutpurse's Art whenever you pickpocket someone.

Slots Shadowstrike when you can use the Blade of Woe.

Miscellaneous

Slots Professional Upkeep when you talk with a merchant, ensuring you always get your gear repaired for less!

This addon will not respec your champion points, and will not charge you 3000 gold etc.

It will only equip the skills if you have enough points into them already.

It is intended to be a seamless quality of life improvement, not a CP respec addon.

Optional Features

Get a notification whenever any skill you wish to be notified of is slotted

Receive a warning message whenever you don't have enough points into a star for it to be automatically slotted

Disable automatically slotting any skill you wish

Remap where on your champion bar skills will be automatically slotted to.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
That sounds crazy. Too bad I play on PS.

The new update seems like it will make base characters without any CP stronger. Did they make any changes to overworld npc health/dmg?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

ExCruceLeo posted:

That sounds crazy. Too bad I play on PS.

The new update seems like it will make base characters without any CP stronger. Did they make any changes to overworld npc health/dmg?

I wish they would look at the mod community and see things like this and incorporate it into the actual game. I also play on PS and wish we had a LOT of the stuff that the PC crowd gets via Mods.

Why can't we have 3 CP setups or even 2 or 3 gear setups that you can toggle. Make it so you have to go to a "booth" in town (or in you housing) to toggle or something. Would make things so much easier for switching between PVE & PVP or normal stuff and trials or whatever.

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

I'm just hoping the PS update unlocks the frame rate on PS5 so we get 60fps

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

DoriDori240 posted:

With the new CP update, just want to signal boost this addon, as it is incredible:

Trastion posted:

I wish they would look at the mod community and see things like this and incorporate it into the actual game. I also play on PS and wish we had a LOT of the stuff that the PC crowd gets via Mods.
I absolutely agree in general, but in this particular case if they do that they may as well make everything in the green tree passive, which they should.

Most likely though, they'll just break it so the add on doesn't work.
For example:

quote:

Between PTS and live ZOS has implemented a hidden 15-second cooldown on swapping CP's!!!, I am therefore going to have to completely rewrite the addon to get around this cooldown as best as I can. My apologies

Considering how many convenience add-ons there are that they don't break it's pretty clear this is intentional. Doesn't affect me for now anyway, though, since I don't have enough CP to have more than 4 slottables.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Considering how many convenience add-ons there are that they don't break it's pretty clear this is intentional. Doesn't affect me for now anyway, though, since I don't have enough CP to have more than 4 slottables.
My quick view of this patch as a super casual player is that the CP changes suck, making me re-spec and re-slot every single skill sucks, constantly screwing around with my "ride fast" abilities sucks, and frankly I'm tired of game companies making things more annoying in an attempt to increase "engagement".

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

g0del posted:

constantly screwing around with my "ride fast" abilities sucks,
But this was unambiguously improved. Forget rapid maneuvers, put a point in continuous attack, now horsey go fast always without wasting a skill slot.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

But this was unambiguously improved. Forget rapid maneuvers, put a point in continuous attack, now horsey go fast always without wasting a skill slot.
I'll admit that it's better than the last time they screwed around with it, but it's still screwing around with it. Just let me ride fast and stop changing it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

g0del posted:

My quick view of this patch as a super casual player is that the CP changes suck, making me re-spec and re-slot every single skill sucks, constantly screwing around with my "ride fast" abilities sucks, and frankly I'm tired of game companies making things more annoying in an attempt to increase "engagement".

Except the full reset was completely warranted, because A) they needed to fix a bug that was eating up skill points and B) well it's an overhaul of a core game system of course they were going to encourage people to try it out.

Game still sucks, but zos has had a positive track record when it comes to actual QOL stuff (even if they're annoyingly slow when it comes to implementing it).

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

A note from the mod author:

quote:

Between PTS and live ZOS has implemented a hidden 30-second cooldown on swapping CP's!!!, I am therefore going to have to completely rewrite the addon to get around this cooldown as best as I can. My apologies.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Well, good news, he completely rewrote it and it is working about as best as one could hope for. Saw the update on Minion this morning. Has a cooldown timer and everything. I still think it is a must have add-on myself.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
This is driving me insane, and maybe somebody knows the answer. If not, well, I'll just knuckle down and disable my addons one at a time to find the culprit. This UI element appeared on my screen in the last couple of days:

I haven't added any addons recently, but ofc with the patch, a lot of them have updated. I'm trying to figure out how to disable the drat thing and having no luck. If anyone recognizes it, I'd love to know what addon it's part of.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

atomicgeek posted:

This is driving me insane, and maybe somebody knows the answer. If not, well, I'll just knuckle down and disable my addons one at a time to find the culprit. This UI element appeared on my screen in the last couple of days:

I haven't added any addons recently, but ofc with the patch, a lot of them have updated. I'm trying to figure out how to disable the drat thing and having no luck. If anyone recognizes it, I'd love to know what addon it's part of.

Altholic is the cause. There's a setting to disable the checklist. Also it doesn't work because it gets stuck calculating your champion points, but if you're willing to spend a minute editing a text file you can get it working again.
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2140-LeosAltholic.html#comments

Basically just put -- on the lines mentioned in the post (not the top post, a couple of posts down.)

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Altholic is the cause. There's a setting to disable the checklist. Also it doesn't work because it gets stuck calculating your champion points, but if you're willing to spend a minute editing a text file you can get it working again.
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info2140-LeosAltholic.html#comments

Basically just put -- on the lines mentioned in the post (not the top post, a couple of posts down.)

You're fantastic. Thank you so much.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I like the CP change but the slottable CP skills are just a big gently caress you. Make them all passive and the system is good.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Mr Hootington posted:

I like the CP change but the slottable CP skills are just a big gently caress you. Make them all passive and the system is good.
I wouldn't even mind the slottable aspect if the interface wasn't such complete trash. Stars are unlabeled without hovering, neither are your slotted stars, then, unlike skills, dragging and dropping isn't enough, you have to confirm your slotting as if you were changing CP allocation.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I wouldn't even mind the slottable aspect if the interface wasn't such complete trash. Stars are unlabeled without hovering, neither are your slotted stars, then, unlike skills, dragging and dropping isn't enough, you have to confirm your slotting as if you were changing CP allocation.

Yeah that is a pain, but I think it is a much better system overall.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mr Hootington posted:

I can kind of see an argument for slottable combat CP skills. Sure, they'll probably just end up with everyone using cookie-cutter meta builds, but at least there's some actual choice and trade-offs there. Slottable CP skills for crafting/resource gathering/fishing/thieving/etc. is just wasting player's time for no good reason.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I was thinking about logging in and trying the game again, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with slotting CP skills along with all the other bullshit. I'm kind of bummed because Blackwood looks like it'll have one of my favorite NPCs from the Wrothgar expansion returning.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I was thinking about logging in and trying the game again, but I'm not sure if I want to deal with slotting CP skills along with all the other bullshit. I'm kind of bummed because Blackwood looks like it'll have one of my favorite NPCs from the Wrothgar expansion returning.

Is slotting CP skills going to be time consuming thing you have to constantly do or something? Or is it only going to be the try-hards that need to switch all the time between PVE & PVP?

I'm on PS5 so I haven't seen any of this stuff yet. I assumed it would be something you set once and then don't mess with unless you need to switch all your skills and stuff anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Trastion posted:

Is slotting CP skills going to be time consuming thing you have to constantly do or something? Or is it only going to be the try-hards that need to switch all the time between PVE & PVP?

I'm on PS5 so I haven't seen any of this stuff yet. I assumed it would be something you set once and then don't mess with unless you need to switch all your skills and stuff anyways.
For the combat skills it's only something you'll do if you're switching roles or PVE vs PVP, or a real "this dungeon needs these bonuses" tryhard but the green tree which is the non-combat tree is a bit annoying in that there's a bunch of useful things that should be available but only if you slot.

That said, you have to be pretty high CP to have enough slottables to need managing in the first place, and depending on how you play there's probably a primary slotting that you can keep on most of the time, especially if you have other characters.

I think this is the list of green tree slottables (keep in mind many have prereqs, so you can't get them without high CP or pathing directly to them, so some combinations require really high CP.)

Always useful:
Sustaining shadows (sneak cost) [I've never found sneak cost to be an issue, but it is a strong reduction]
Steed's Blessing (speed) [walking speed boost is nice]

Maybe:
Treasure Hunter (better chest loot) [nice if you loot chests]
Gifted Rider (increase horse speed) [10% is nice, but if you've maxed your horse and use the new 30% passive for a skill point this is an easy miss]
War Mount (no horse stamina) [Super expensive and I'd consider this useless]

In combat:
Liquid Efficiency (small chance of not consuming a potion) [I think this is 10%, nice bonus if you use a lot of potions]

Only on use:
Rationer (longer food duration, only necessary on consumption) [food already lasts pretty long with the skill points, but this is not bad]
Plentiful Harvest + Master Gatherer (mat harvesting) [always nice if you gather]
Meticulous Disassembly (better refining) [only really need it on one character]
Fade Away (useless bounty bonus)
Cutpurse's Art (pickpocketing) [good if you pickpocket]
Shadowstrike (Blade of Woeing) [good if you're using the Blade]
Infamous (fence selling) [good if you're fencing]
Friends in Low places (garbage bounty reduction)
Reel Technique+Angler (fishing) [I don't fish also you need a lot of CP just to reach these, they sound nice]
Homemaker (10% furnishing plan bonus)
Professional Upkeep (merchant repair cost)

Add-ons on PC let you slot these on demand, but even without that I think a bunch of these are garbage or only useful for specific playstyles.
I'm running PH+MG, Treasure hunter and Steed's Blessing and that feels like a good always on set for overland. In dungeons/trials I'd switch the two mat gathering ones for Liquid Efficiency and sustaining shadows, if I wasn't on PC I might put Rationer on even though it's only needed once an hour at most. That's a bit annoying, and I don't know how cumbersome the interface will be on a console.

The rest are very situational and not so strong. I've never repaired at a merchant, but I know some do and it's a big bonus if you do. The furnishing plans one seems pretty niche and probably going to be a victim of not being worth slotting and unslotting. Pickpocketing isn't a thing you do casually, so if you're doing that slotting shadowstrike, cutpurse and infamous and sustaining shadows would be smart, but it'd be slot when you're going to do that, then switch when you're done. The bounty/heat ones seem like garbage to me, just wasting points as prereqs, bounty/heat melts away with the TG skills and these CP slottables are laughably weak in comparison (like 9 minutes bounty reduction once a day and heat takes 5 seconds less to disappear). The mount ones are theoretically good, but not necessary or worth micromanaging.

It's something they could definitely have done better, but I don't think it's a gamebreaker. I think there's probably 4 viable setups: overland general running around, dungeons and trials where you need potions and food buffs, sneaking and stealing, and fishing. Those are pretty distinct and you'll need a lot of CP to have more than two of those available, so not too bad to switch when you enter a dungeon or go on a stealing spree or want to fish.

Meticulous disassembly is the annoying one, but the difference between 3/3 in the refining skill and 3/3+MD is not huge, so either you're a player who doesn't care to much and it's not worth switching, or you're a player who cares and you'll have a dedicated refiner/disassembler character and slot it only on them permanently.