Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I recently aquired an Xbox S a couple of weeks ago and im trying this game out, and I love it. Is there a goon presence on the euro servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
After 2.6.5, normal dungeon trash does more damage than vet trash used to, while vet trash does about what normal trash used to.

Get on my (normal) level. :smug:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Finnigan I know you think you're slick making Drodda an all DPS fight, you ain't fooling anyone.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 4, 2020

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

puberty worked me over posted:

Considering I paid for the game I expect to have full access to the content without investing any time into the game.

Zenimax knows you're a busy gamer, so One Tamriel now ships with a box of stickers!

Place them directly on your monitor, and take control of your game. Achievement locked? Not anymore!

Refill boxes available in the crown store.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
PvP bugs weren't fixed and now there's a stuck in combat bug which prevents you from using your mount and fast travel.

I hope they can get this bugs fixed soon because I'm enjoying the game when it allows me to play.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Tanreall posted:

PvP bugs weren't fixed and now there's a stuck in combat bug which prevents you from using your mount and fast travel.

I hope they can get this bugs fixed soon because I'm enjoying the game when it allows me to play.

Stuck in combat bug has been around for a bit, I've had it happen a few times over the past couple months, end up having to quit to clear it.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I decided to do the consumable crafting writs instead of the equipment crafting writs, and it doesn't seem like I can undo that choice. Did I just screw myself over in the long term if I want to craft equipment for myself, or does it not matter that much?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rollersnake posted:

I decided to do the consumable crafting writs instead of the equipment crafting writs, and it doesn't seem like I can undo that choice. Did I just screw myself over in the long term if I want to craft equipment for myself, or does it not matter that much?

You can still do equipment writs.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Oh, does the option just open up later then?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

Oh, does the option just open up later then?

If you're talking about the certification process, you can certify all of them at either the mages' guild (Danel Telleno) or fighters' guild (Millenith) in Davon's Watch/Daggerfall/Vulkhel Guard. I don't think the quest marker shows up on the other board after you finish one set of certs, so it can be confusing. Just go find the quest giver you haven't talked to yet.

After you certify everything, you can grab all six writs once daily if you so choose.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

For anyone interested in tanking with a Nightblade, I've managed to refine my setup a bit more and will post an updated build sometime this week.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

MF_James posted:

Stuck in combat bug has been around for a bit, I've had it happen a few times over the past couple months, end up having to quit to clear it.

It's happening every time I fight in PvP now.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I can see the argument for levels being kind of pointless now. They really should just get rid of them. Tie all progression into the champion system and skill gain.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
Folks, let me tell you something: we don't win anymore. I mean, look at this build. It has it all. It's going to make ESO Great Again. Trust me. I know things, and I know this is great. Why is it great? Because I said so, and I'm a winner. So take this build and win.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/prosperous-build/

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

tgidieday posted:

After 2.6.5, normal dungeon trash does more damage than vet trash used to, while vet trash does about what normal trash used to.

Get on my (normal) level. :smug:

I had a look at the official forums:
[poorly written OP, complaining about normal difficulty
[picture proof of trash mobs in normal doing 150% of the damage of trash in vet]
[300 examples of various extremely poorly written, smugfaced, needtodie (TGIdieday!) l2p posts]

Please shoot me, I have lost the will to live..

mitztronic
Jun 17, 2005

mixcloud.com/mitztronic
Can someone give @jonmitz on PSN an invite?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

valuum posted:

I had a look at the official forums:
[poorly written OP, complaining about normal difficulty
[picture proof of trash mobs in normal doing 150% of the damage of trash in vet]
[300 examples of various extremely poorly written, smugfaced, needtodie (TGIdieday!) l2p posts]

Please shoot me, I have lost the will to live..

That's what happens when you read the official forums.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Hal_2005 posted:

Folks, let me tell you something: we don't win anymore. I mean, look at this build. It has it all. It's going to make ESO Great Again. Trust me. I know things, and I know this is great. Why is it great? Because I said so, and I'm a winner. So take this build and win.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/prosperous-build/

Only good thing I've ever seen on Tamriel Foundry.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

In the previous thread someone showed me a build for a melee electro sorcerer and I lost it so I was wondering if anyone had a build I could copy again.
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/02/02/battlemasters-corner--thunderous-destroyer
looks close but I don't think the ult was storm atronach, and the second bar was definitely dual wield. I thought for sure hurricane would have been a part of the build but this says no. I like the leaping at people and exploding part.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.
I got in on one of the beta weekends before this game launched and looked at it with the idea of just being able to wander around and explore, but wandering 10 seconds off the path immediately got me killed. The stuff they're saying about One Tamriel really makes it sounds like what I originally wanted - just being able to wander around and explore the world.

So, if I mostly want to play solo just kind of wandering and exploring, is it worth getting now? Also at some point I would probably want to make a point of heading to the Imperial City, so I should get the Gold edition, right? (If I understood what I've read correctly, you can't get into the city at all if you don't have that DLC or the Plus membership.)

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

CaptainCaveman posted:

I got in on one of the beta weekends before this game launched and looked at it with the idea of just being able to wander around and explore, but wandering 10 seconds off the path immediately got me killed. The stuff they're saying about One Tamriel really makes it sounds like what I originally wanted - just being able to wander around and explore the world.

So, if I mostly want to play solo just kind of wandering and exploring, is it worth getting now? Also at some point I would probably want to make a point of heading to the Imperial City, so I should get the Gold edition, right? (If I understood what I've read correctly, you can't get into the city at all if you don't have that DLC or the Plus membership.)

I'd say it's worth it. There's still a lot of poo poo that they need to work out and such, but for the most part you can explore whenever and wherever. Except for World Bosses, those you at least need some high level gear or a group to take em on.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Krinkle posted:

In the previous thread someone showed me a build for a melee electro sorcerer and I lost it so I was wondering if anyone had a build I could copy again.
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/02/02/battlemasters-corner--thunderous-destroyer
looks close but I don't think the ult was storm atronach, and the second bar was definitely dual wield. I thought for sure hurricane would have been a part of the build but this says no. I like the leaping at people and exploding part.

That build is a year and a half out of date and is one of the worst things I've ever seen. In my opinion, the good Stamsorc build that's the easiest to obtain is actually 2H/2H.

For example:

bar 1 single (2h): rally + evil hunter + wrecking blow + executioner + hurricane + (u) dawnbreaker
bar 2 aoe (2h): critical surge + critical rush + evil hunter + brawler + hurricane + (u) dawnbreaker/shooting star/power overload/suppression field/whatever

Put every single level up into stamina.

The dual wield version is better, but only if you get the two Maelstrom weapons. This is super easy and fun and has a lot of staying power. Just make sure to keep Rally and Critical Surge and Hurricane up, and fly around crit rushing everything.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I somehow have an account for this game which is weird because I only played the closed beta for like an hour. Anyway I decided to try it out and it seems surprisingly good so far. I subbed for a month since I like crafting and the bottomless bag seems almost mandatory for that. I have a bunch of crowns now. Is there anything in the crown store that I should buy? I looked through it and didn't really see anything aside from cosmetic items and super overpriced looking consumables. I kind of want a camel, but as far as I can tell all mounts are functionally identical and if there's anything in there that would actually substantially improve my gameplay experience I'd rather buy that.

Unrelated question: I'm assuming this big level scaling update turned all soul gems into grand soul gems. I've found something like 50 grands, 1 petty (which I think was hand placed in the world by a level designer) and zero others. So are all souls now grand too?

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Oct 13, 2016

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Aramek posted:

That build is a year and a half out of date and is one of the worst things I've ever seen. In my opinion, the good Stamsorc build that's the easiest to obtain is actually 2H/2H.

Man it is super unhelpful that these skills are named differently from the ones I can see. I'm real low level. I don't know how to raise fighter's guild skills. Fight demons? But not the demons I know about. I'm only level 4. I for sure cannot do momentum or dawnbreaker.

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Krinkle posted:

Man it is super unhelpful that these skills are named differently from the ones I can see. I'm real low level. I don't know how to raise fighter's guild skills. Fight demons? But not the demons I know about. I'm only level 4. I for sure cannot do momentum or dawnbreaker.

Starting out, just slap together whatever crazy crap you want. Magicka, stamina, it doesn't matter, you're too low level to really specialize. Just make sure you slot at least one skill from each class tree so they each level up and you can try new things.

If you want to hit stuff in the face, get a two-hander, level the first two skills to the morph, and pick critical rush and brawler. Crit rush is a great opener at max distance, while brawler will give you a nice damage shield to stay alive. Put heavy attacks (hold down left mouse button) between brawlers to keep your stamina up.

Eventually you'll want to learn animation cancelling and unlock the other skills in Aramek's build, but that's definitely not required for leveling.

No.Mercy
Oct 4, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Is there anything in the crown store that I should buy?

Basically the stuff that makes you look the coolest and adds flavor to your character if you're into that sort of thing. There isn't much that's really worth it in my opinion unless you want the xp boosters. Like the bank upgrade could be cool for switching sets and transferring items but it's 5000 crowns. Oh I guess maybe mount training session might be worth it if you don't have the patience.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Always buy the pig with your crowns. Its important.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
I feel it's important to buy the horse that's on loving fire. You see it's like a regular horse but also on fire.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

~SMcD

The Moon Monster posted:

Is there anything in the crown store that I should buy?

Adventure Pack allows you to use any race in any alliance.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

The Moon Monster posted:

<snip> Is there anything in the crown store that I should buy? <snip> camel <snip>

Yesssss. BiS.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

The Moon Monster posted:

I somehow have an account for this game which is weird because I only played the closed beta for like an hour. Anyway I decided to try it out and it seems surprisingly good so far. I subbed for a month since I like crafting and the bottomless bag seems almost mandatory for that. I have a bunch of crowns now. Is there anything in the crown store that I should buy? I looked through it and didn't really see anything aside from cosmetic items and super overpriced looking consumables. I kind of want a camel, but as far as I can tell all mounts are functionally identical and if there's anything in there that would actually substantially improve my gameplay experience I'd rather buy that.

Unrelated question: I'm assuming this big level scaling update turned all soul gems into grand soul gems. I've found something like 50 grands, 1 petty (which I think was hand placed in the world by a level designer) and zero others. So are all souls now grand too?

Mounts all play the same. I've been cruising on my 10k gold cheapo poo poo-horse this whole time and it doesn't matter since he's galloping at top speed. Also mounts get cosmetic upgrades the more you train them so he's got a sweet battle helmet on. drat wouldn't it be funny if they released horse armor DLC for the first time since Oblivion?

All soul gems are large now so you might as well sell anything not Grand.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Again, it bears repeating:

gently caress Horses, Camels, Kagouti, Wolves, Bears, whatever is there.

Ride Guar.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

My guar matches my own stripes. :3:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
is there any way to reset your skill points?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

is there any way to reset your skill points?
Yes: in each faction capital there is a temple with two altars that allow you to respec your attribute points and choose between resetting your skills or just the morphs.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
This is the only Elder Scrolls game I've ever been able to get into for some reason, and holy poo poo! Being a thief is really fun, you guys!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

radintorov posted:

Yes: in each faction capital there is a temple with two altars that allow you to respec your attribute points and choose between resetting your skills or just the morphs.

Thank you. I am a wood elf for AD, my capital would be where please?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Rollersnake posted:

This is the only Elder Scrolls game I've ever been able to get into for some reason, and holy poo poo! Being a thief is really fun, you guys!

That's a hate word. I prefer wealth redistribution technician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Thank you. I am a wood elf for AD, my capital would be where please?

Elden Root, Grahtwood region.