Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bartender Lex :discourse:

Xelkelvos posted:

Goddamn Lex, that's a brutal rejection.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

There was a 3 second delay between me groaning at them casting the skeeziest bartender and realizing it was Lex in disguise. Great episode.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was great, but i really wish we are getting to the end of of Obsidian North. Though finding out the reason its making people go into comas is because Lex added it as a feature to fixing the food mechanic is pretty hilarious.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That was so good

Jon Cryer is perfect

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

That was great, but i really wish we are getting to the end of of Obsidian North.

Good news, we are the season has two episodes left

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Jason Mewes outta nowhere there.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

Yeah but they had to stop filming abruptly because of the virus and I don't think the actual finale got shot.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They were filming the finale when production shut down. So the show was able to splice the footage they have into episode 19 to function as a finale. It's probably not entirely what they were planning, but we won't be left hanging.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

howe_sam posted:

They were filming the finale when production shut down. So the show was able to splice the footage they have into episode 19 to function as a finale. It's probably not entirely what they were planning, but we won't be left hanging.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U58IdBjMeS4

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

I have a strong feeling that this plot won't be solved by the end of the season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So is the Leviathan lady being a robot supposed to be part of her "Goddess of tech" persona or are they all robots because otherwise I don't think Lex's reverse engineered Toyman code makes much sense.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

muscles like this! posted:

So is the Leviathan lady being a robot supposed to be part of her "Goddess of tech" persona or are they all robots because otherwise I don't think Lex's reverse engineered Toyman code makes much sense.

I didn't read that as her being a robot at all, just her transforming into her "godly" form, which, since she's the Goddess of Technology, looks technological.

Also, I pegged it as a kind-of-subtle reference to that scene at the end of Superman III that terrified everyone as children.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
I'm not sure I'd call it "subtle"

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Yeah, I think she's just some kind of techno-organic being, but Mitch Pileggi was definitely just a dude (who could turn into rock).

They probably have some kind of, I dunno, nano-machines that come out of their ship to keep them immortal and that's what Lex is targeting. I'm still not really sure what Leviathan is, besides two old god-beings and a bunch of randos that work for them.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

Yeah, I think she's just some kind of techno-organic being, but Mitch Pileggi was definitely just a dude (who could turn into rock).

They probably have some kind of, I dunno, nano-machines that come out of their ship to keep them immortal and that's what Lex is targeting. I'm still not really sure what Leviathan is, besides two old god-beings and a bunch of randos that work for them.

It's more than two, but it's basically a bunch of really powerful ancient aliens and their underlings.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I know I'm echoing what's already been said but my god Cryer elevates this stuff amazingly. Dude just gets what Lex should be.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

J33uk posted:

I know I'm echoing what's already been said but my god Cryer elevates this stuff amazingly. Dude just gets what Lex should be.

He’s the first guy to play him (at least in live action) who has that undercurrent of bitterness that’s in the comics.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Yeah. Lex wanted to look down on everyone, then he saw a man who could fly and it messed him up.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer
My brain has a tough time remembering past yesterday's breakfast, let alone what happened before the hiatus. Can anyone please remind me why Kara has a lexosuit, and Lex has a teleport device that let's him nip off to the so-called fortress of solitude?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well they literally just threw the lexosuit at the Suneater so Supergirl could wear it, and all that other stuff with Lex is just stuff they established last season.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
The DEO has Lexosuits in closets now because Lex runs it, so presumably she got one from there. Lex has had his teleporting watch since last season.

Fumblemouse
Mar 21, 2013

STANDARD
DEVIANT
Grimey Drawer
Cheers. I had thought of the DEO but couldn't remember if Kara worked for/with them at the moment. Lex's teleport watch I'll just put down to not having enough room in my memory to remember both that and where I left my drink.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lex's teleport watch was first introduced in the episode where Kara first took Lena to the Fortress.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I *really* enjoyed Lex's little bit of a shaky hand when he realized he had the opportunity to go into the Fortress of Solitude. Dude's an addict, and he's addicted to screwing with Kryptonians.

I also assume that's going to backfire on him at some point, since he seems poised to pretty easily succeed in all his plans right now.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lillian Luthor was right.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"Oh no, the Fortress' defenses won't activate because we're on a different Earth now" Jesus, Kara (and Clark), checking/reprogramming the Fortress defenses should be like, item 1 on the list of stuff to do, especially when Lex is the clear season villain! I mean, not that it would work, because no secret base/lock on a hero base is effective at all in the Arrowverse.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

"Trust the process" Who knew Lex was a Sam Hinkie fan.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Lena coming at least halfway to her senses

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That was some A+ villain monologing by Lex there.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Lena: “I’ve made a huge mistake.”

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Kara trying to keeping up a hard front in the face of Lena's apology is kinda adorable

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Lena: “I’ve made a huge mistake.”

Only one?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

Only one?

Like when you think about it, its one big mistake ball made up of hundreds of tiny mistakes.

I am going to be really happy to see Obsidian go out of business and Andrea has to work at the Gap. That episode about her backstory, oh boo hoo billionaires might lose their company. waaaaaaah.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
That villain monologue, drat. :discourse:

Cryer had already proved himself as the best live-action Luthor to me, but now he's just killing it more and more every week.

KenjiKaizoku
Oct 21, 2008
When he blew up at Lena...Like, goddamn. Jon Cryer is consistenty an amazing Lex Luthor, rivaling even Michael Rosenbaum. Hard to believe that this is the same guy who played Charlie Sheen's brother on Two and a Half Men.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

KenjiKaizoku posted:

When he blew up at Lena...Like, goddamn. Jon Cryer is consistenty an amazing Lex Luthor, rivaling even Michael Rosenbaum. Hard to believe that this is the same guy who played Charlie Sheen's brother on Two and a Half Men.

Yeah, he's got a wonderful blend of ego and insecurity going. When a scene's focused on one the other is still recognizable. He's awesome, he knows he's awesome, and how DARE anyone else not recognize how awesome he is?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

KenjiKaizoku posted:

He's so different I didn't even realise they were the same person until I looked him up on IMDB to see what else he was in and got my mind blown.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, he's got a wonderful blend of ego and insecurity going. When a scene's focused on one the other is still recognizable. He's awesome, he knows he's awesome, and how DARE anyone else not recognize how awesome he is?

There was also more of that when he was laughing at Brainy at the end. "How did you not expect me to calculate for you being a big softy you absolute moron. Btw my plan worked because I am Lex loving Luthor."

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Ego and insecurity are things that go hand in hand and he's captured it perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I thought bland british guy was a "reporter". Why is he freely wandering around Obsidion North accessing personell files and getting shouted at by the CEO for not buying into the company line?