Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

A Fancy Hat posted:

I did enjoy seeing Kelly pick up that hunk of door like a shield. I assume that's gonna pay off later this season, maybe she finds Jimmy's old Guardian gear?

If you check out Azie Tesfai's Twitter you can see a sneak peek of what's to come for Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

"For me this entire room is filled with... balloons?!"

"I don't have time to unpack all that"

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked the little moment at the end of the episode where Kara used superspeed to get over to Alex for a hug.

Also was anyone else MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTED when it turned out that the Watchtower being a spaceship just mean that the top of the building opened up and a spaceship flew out, not that the entire building was going to take off.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Also was anyone else MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTED when it turned out that the Watchtower being a spaceship just mean that the top of the building opened up and a spaceship flew out, not that the entire building was going to take off.

Yes. Also it was a pretty ugly space ship. :negative:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I watched the last two episodes yesterday and I loved the second part of the 2009 episode, though it being only 2009 made me feel really old. That was still 10+ years ago dang. I do like how they didn't make the guy that hangs around with Kara be her actual boyfriend and not just her hanger on that's totally in love with her but she's oblivious.

The second one was pretty crummy until Brainy being afraid of balloons.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope Jimmy and Cat (not younger Cat) can do cameos before this season ends.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

We might get NuKate as when she took off from Batwoman mentioned that she's stopping by National City.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ojCBOwVEmI

Supergirl faces her most fearsome opponent yet: a giant golem made out of trash?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think that's the actual big bad that she has to face, buddy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jokes are hard

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ojCBOwVEmI

Supergirl faces her most fearsome opponent yet: a giant golem made out of trash?

Oh, they're bringing Dean Cain back after all?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jassa posted:

Oh, they're bringing Dean Cain back after all?

Dean Cain AND Kevin Sorbo.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
J'onn in his superhero suit but human form always looks wrong. I feel like when they started doing that is when this show stopped trying.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

So I guess they're just wrapping up filming on the series, and based on set pictures it seems that Mon-El and Winn are coming back

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm extremely not excited but this show returns Tuesday.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
The trailer for the upcoming episode looked decent; but it’s gonna be hard to go back to this relatively ordinary show after the heights of superman and Lois.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GreenNight posted:

I'm extremely not excited but this show returns Tuesday.

If I didn't have such a crush on Melissa Benoist i probably wouldn't bother.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The New, New Adventures of Superman & Lois was great, but admit it, we're all going to miss this band of dorks

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

twistedmentat posted:

She’s the only reason I’ve kept up on it.

Also Doom Patrol comes back soon and that’s where all my hype is right now.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Doom patrol is gonna be amazing. It’s the second best DC show after superman and Lois. Possibly even equal first since they’re so different.

Honestly even Titans is significantly improved this season if you ask me; I’ve been enjoying that as well.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I enjoy Doom Patrol more since it’s not serious. Life is serious enough lately so I appreciate levity.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

twistedmentat posted:

This, but Nicole Maines 😍

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

GreenNight posted:

She’s the only reason I’ve kept up on it.

Also Doom Patrol comes back soon and that’s where all my hype is right now.

Exactly. I cannot wait to see Candlemaker go down.

jassa posted:

This, but Nicole Maines 😍

I know I'm not super straight because I totally agree with you.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

howe_sam posted:

The New, New Adventures of Superman & Lois was great, but admit it, we're all going to miss this band of dorks

Nah. I think Supergirl herself might be the only major character I actually like on this show. I'd like to see her show up on Superman & Lois. That could be good.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Nah. I think Supergirl herself might be the only major character I actually like on this show. I'd like to see her show up on Superman & Lois. That could be good.

I don't mind Alex and Martian Manhunter. But I think the show has become mired down with a bunch of unnecessary side characters in later seasons, a Supergirl show should be about Supergirl. I definitely want to see her pop up on Superman and Lois every now and then.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

twistedmentat posted:

I know I'm not super straight because I totally agree with you.

I mean, if you're a straight guy and you're attracted to a woman who happens to be trans, that doesn't make you any less straight. :)

Edit: Ah, I just realised you probably meant 'super straight' as in the bullshit transphobic sexuality.

jassa fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 21, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

jassa posted:

I mean, if you're a straight guy and you're attracted to a woman who happens to be trans, that doesn't make you any less straight. :)

Edit: Ah, I just realised you probably meant 'super straight' as in the bullshit transphobic sexuality.

Yea I was mocking those douches being all "I am only horny for real women!!".

She has amazing hair when she's Dreamer. Also I didn't know Nicole Maines was the subject of a landmark case involving Trans students rights.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Imo, the core cast (Kara, Alex, J'onn, Brainy, Nia) has really good chemistry with each other and are always a solid hang.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Imo, the core cast (Kara, Alex, J'onn, Brainy, Nia) has really good chemistry with each other and are always a solid hang.

I also really liked Mon-El, not for anything that was really written for him as a character but because Chris Wood and Melissa Benoist just lit up the screen whenever they were together. It's no wonder they fell in love and got married as a result of the show. Actually Mon-El and Winn were pretty great together as-written I like their dorky friendship in Season 2. I'm glad that they're both coming back for the finale.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This show was never great but it's always been a welcome, pleasant thing to have around. Kara's eternal positivity always does it for me.

There's been a lot of good casting for superheroes since the big wave started, but Benoist was just a perfect choice.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Important cake mission

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I really hope Zor-El doesn't go all Astra in an attempt to save the Earth from environmental disaster.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Trash Golem!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I have to say, piece of space debris crashes to earth and becomes a giant trash monster has strong S:TAS vibes that I am here for.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

I have to say, piece of space debris crashes to earth and becomes a giant trash monster has strong S:TAS vibes that I am here for.

Or Quest For Peace.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the episode was kinda scattershot for a bit but then Trash Monster tied it all together.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah the episode was kinda scattershot for a bit but then Trash Monster tied it all together.

I'm sorry sir, this description applies to over 100 Arrowverse episodes, can you possibly narrow things down a bit?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I have to go now. My planet floating space city needs me.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
"I made a device that will eliminate all waste from the ocean. Now let's send it to the one location where it might backfire..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Watching this again after Superman and Lois almost makes me feel like I've travelled back in time 20 years. Watching Flash wasn't as bad because something about that show makes it more conducive to corniness and nonsense but this show is so has been so weak the past few seasons and is so Superman Adjacent that it just can't help but feel diminished by the shadow of Superman and Lois. This isn't as bad as last season but I'm kinda glad it's coming to an end, it just feels shabby and silly in comparison.