Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Chokes McGee posted:

I don't care what anyone else says. Wormholes don't just randomly appear out in space. That was a boom tube.

I doubt we'll ever see Darkseid on here, though, because that's a power level way too high for Supergirl and the DEO. :sigh:

Smallville did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Supergirl will never have Darkseid but its kind of like the perfect place for some New Gods hijinks and stuff like that.

And of course Lobo.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

Supergirl will never have Darkseid but its kind of like the perfect place for some New Gods hijinks and stuff like that.

And of course Lobo.

Can't do Lobo unless some goes back in time and gives the Undertaker acting lessons. Jason Momoa is Lobo in his free time though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

And of course Lobo.

Come on, Granny Goodness and The Furies! Though that is pretty much my go to answer for everything. Should have been Villains in Justice League rather than Steppenwolf.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
I hate Granny Goodness and would only watch it if they got Ed Asner to reprise the role

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Autism Sneaks posted:

I hate Granny Goodness and would only watch it if they got Ed Asner to reprise the role

Yea, but Big Barta would totally defect and then we could have Scott Free come in.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, but Big Barta would totally defect and then we could have Scott Free come in.

If not for the fact that the New Gods are now a "big deal" in the DCU and basically tied to having their first appearance on Earth be tied to the Justice League, I'd love to see a Mister Miracle series. Idk who'd play Barda, but Danny Devito or Verne Troyer as Oberon seems like a good fit.

I'd also like to see a Shadowpact/JLDark movie/mini-series too, but no one will ever take Detective Chimp seriously.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DC/WB has seemed to calm down on that a little considering Deathstroke shows up in the Justice League movie and just finished up a story arc on Arrow at pretty much the same time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I didn't realize the New Gods were a "big thing" now. I figured they could probably do a story with like Orion, Lightray, Metron, Free, and Barda since they were never really BIG characters when I was reading. But I guess that could have changed a lot since I've read. I figured it was safe to assume someone like Darkseid would be unavailable and someone directly used like Steppenwolf or in immediate plans. But I don't know how deep the movie got into that world and I have no real idea what the DCEU's vision or future plans are. But those "secondary" characters seem low key enough that it wouldn't be a big deal to let Supergirl play around with them.

And Lobo. I want Lobo, drat it. You can't tease that and then not give me a scene of Lobo harassing Supergirl and being punched through an asteroid for it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this! posted:

DC/WB has seemed to calm down on that a little considering Deathstroke shows up in the Justice League movie and just finished up a story arc on Arrow at pretty much the same time.

Yea JL is absolutely full of stuff in the Arrowverse. Star Labs are the ones working on the Kryptonian ship for example.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
So future monel was chillin under water through the entire plot of the show? Would have been awkward if he woke up last season.

Time travel!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Yea JL is absolutely full of stuff in the Arrowverse. Star Labs are the ones working on the Kryptonian ship for example.

Star Labs basically exists in the DCU as the premier scientific research organization. In comics and other media when superheroes like Superman need help with cutting edge science stuff, they go to Star Labs. The DCCW sorta has Star Labs doing the same thing, but not quite since only the Flash team really deals with that sort of stuff. The Arrow team will enlist then when needed if ARGUS can't or shouldn't help. Supergirl has the DEO and the Legend have Gideon

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While you never really saw it a recent episode of Legends went to Themyscira.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I liked the wind-up for the human-drill thing at the beginning of this episode.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Slamhound posted:

I liked the wind-up for the human-drill thing at the beginning of this episode.

I was with Wynn "Aw, I wanted to see that."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Floppychop posted:

That's more CW than sexism. The male stars also churn through significant others.

Even Legends of Tomorrow has to have some type of romance subplot.

Empires rise and fall. The Time Bisexual remains.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Sarah has not had as much time to devote to her game as of late.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/TheCWSupergirl/status/934542210879467521
So they're taking another bite at the Red Tornado apple?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Makes sense if you watched the Ray/Freedom Fighters trailer. There was a Red Tornado there and the villains were after his "brain."

I find it both funny and frustrating that there's a prequel animated series out there that the crossover appears to be following but we won't see it until after the crossover because someone screwed up.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

What happened to Guardian?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Guardian is useless in National City because Supergirl is channelling her grief into full time crime stopping work. Duh. James and Wynn keep complaining they have nothing to do.

I'm guessing some producers decided they made a mistake on that decision between seasons.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

oh man I want Das Reversenflash to just be Eobard.

Like, not an alternate version. Just Eobard chilling out on Earth X and going "yeah I sent a time remnant to deal with the spear and gather an army, why'd you think I'd do it myself, I'm not an idiot like the Time Idiots, who are idiots :smug:

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

howe_sam posted:

Who's the other archer with a blade? Thea? Roy? Slightly more evil Slade?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Looks kinda like the Prometheus costume.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

Looks kinda like the Prometheus costume.

SS Supergirl, did nazi that coming.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acqgo_GRUgs
A video tribute to the true love of Kara's life...food.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Her reaction to Flash getting ice cream is still probably the cutest thing ever.

I can not let two people "toasting" with their food (usually pizza) go by uncommented on though. It's a pet peeve of mine. Stop doing this TV. Nobody does this.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Tree Dude posted:

Her reaction to Flash getting ice cream is still probably the cutest thing ever.

I can not let two people "toasting" with their food (usually pizza) go by uncommented on though. It's a pet peeve of mine. Stop doing this TV. Nobody does this.

The bloopers for that one are even better. She gets so excited she accidentally looks directly into the camera and kinda goes "look at this poo poo yo!"

Melissa Benoist is a treasure :allears:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Those effects didn't inspire confidence

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

so if we're dropping from other shows, is this where we're talking about the crossover?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Not tacking this onto the end of a regular episode this time!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

lol Sara backhanded tossed an arrow into a dude

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Shoryuken!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That montage owned so hard.

And poor Captain America Guardian.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
I like that Arrow generally has a grittier tone to it but it is also awesome when it crosses over and we get goofier stuff like 'just some ninjas'.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I love how this is clearly it's own thing as opposed to being an episode of the show with people from the other shows dropping in

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

I love how this is clearly it's own thing as opposed to being an episode of the show with people from the other shows dropping in

yeah this is a huge step up from last season just because it's actually committing from the start

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yes the meeting!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sara :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Hooking arms