Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«93 »
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

DAAAAAMN!
Put your glasses back on.

Rhyno posted:

Here let me explain it for you.

Imagine that you're going to get married and it starts to rain...

I get that reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

action duck

Rocksicles posted:

I get that reference

Ironically I did not

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Coach Bloodshot
Default Status: SHOUTING

Chokes McGee posted:

Ironically I did not

YES YOU DID.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Deal With it Midgardian

So if Batwoman is going to feature in the crossover next year, does that mean that it will take place on Kara's earth? Batman seems more likely to exist there than Arrow Earth.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rad Bird

twistedmentat posted:

So if Batwoman is going to feature in the crossover next year, does that mean that it will take place on Kara's earth? Batman seems more likely to exist there than Arrow Earth.

Maybe?

That's the thing. Bruce Wayne exists on Earth-1, but Batman exists on Earth-38.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Coach Bloodshot

Her ex already exists on Supergirl (Maggie) so if they can get her to come back for a few episodes and she's dating Kate it might be a solid plot.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Deal With it Midgardian

I didn't know Maggie was a comic character, but it was more a hope that the crossover does happen on Supergirl, because the others have been on Arrow Earth.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

action duck

twistedmentat posted:

I didn't know Maggie was a comic character, but it was more a hope that the crossover does happen on Supergirl, because the others have been on Arrow Earth.

Yeah, they didn’t let her get married in the comics, either. DC really hates Mags‘ love life.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Getting gay married on TV is still a really touchy thing. Gay characters can be actually married or not married, but cannot transition from the latter to the former without it being implied or something I think.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

World-changing power, absolutely no side effects!

Xelkelvos posted:

Getting gay married on TV is still a really touchy thing. Gay characters can be actually married or not married, but cannot transition from the latter to the former without it being implied or something I think.

Citizen Cold pulled it off. I hope, he walked offscreen to go do it.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Bruceski posted:

Citizen Cold pulled it off. I hope, he walked offscreen to go do it.

It's more a problem of showing off the ceremony. They can always allude to it, but God forbid you show them taking vows and stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They didn't get married on the show because the actress playing Maggie decided she didn't want to be on the show any more.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Are there any shows that show a gay marriage? Hulu has been non stop playing a commercial (for Vegas tourism) where a lesbian couple gets married but I'm guessing streaming services' commercials are a lot more progressive/tailored for the viewer. Also the commercial is really dumb because it involves one woman throwing a surprise wedding for her partner. Holy poo poo is that a bad idea on sooo many levels.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The first one I think of is Friends with Ross's ex. That was forever ago so there has to be more. I vaguely recall a couple of background characters in How I Met Your Mother.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Uh
Glee

you uncultured swineses

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Coach Bloodshot

Nobody wants to remember or acknowledge that Glee existed.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Watching either Supergirl or Flash is a direct sacrifice at Glee’s altar

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rad Bird

Rhyno posted:

I mean, Season 1 and Season 3 of Glee were good... and then it just kept going for no reason.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008
Ask me about Kolob

Assuming due to mon-el we won't get awesome tiny superman at all this season.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

That show had so much loving potential and I still love season 1 I'm glad that Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist made it out safe (so far)

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Did they explain where Superman was? You’d think something called a “world killer” would get his attention.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT CORTANA WILL BE A CIRCLE AND NOT THE ACTUAL SEXY WOMAN FROM THE GAME.

Presumably people’s memories of glee are additionally tarnished by one of the stars turning out to be a pedophile.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008
Ask me about Kolob

Xealot posted:

Did they explain where Superman was? You’d think something called a “world killer” would get his attention.

Their usual go to excuse is that he is off world, like if he is fighting darkseid at this time that would be a valid excuse. But this has always been a problem for the supergirl character, how dangerous can we make her enemies without people wondering if 2 kryptonians are better than one in a given situation.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

Presumably people’s memories of glee are additionally tarnished by one of the stars turning out to be a pedophile.

I mean it was already a horrible monstrosity (that I inexplicably watched very episode of for some reason) before that came out. But yeah, that really didn't help.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

I call the darkness unto me from deepest depths of Earth and sea. From ancient evils unawoken, break the one that can't be broken. To blackest night, I pledge my soul and crush my heart to burning coal. To summon forth a deathly power, to see my hated foe devoured.

Xealot posted:

Last time he stepped in uninvited, he was brainwashed and forced to fight Kara.

The time before, Kara got super mad at him for stepping in uninvited.

I don't begrudge him not coming by unless Kara asks him for help.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Since Black Lightning is clearly in Her earth, she should have asked him for help.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Koirhor posted:

Their usual go to excuse is that he is off world, like if he is fighting darkseid at this time that would be a valid excuse. But this has always been a problem for the supergirl character, how dangerous can we make her enemies without people wondering if 2 kryptonians are better than one in a given situation.

Eh, its the basic comic book problem. Why doesn't Oliver call Barry more? Why doesn't Superman help Batman out when Joker's gonna set off a bomb? Why are so many heroes in NYC but they only cross paths when its convenient? You don't read comics unless you accept that the books are in their own lanes for reasons entirely narrative in nature. Same should go for these comic book shows.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Senerio posted:

Last time he stepped in uninvited, he was brainwashed and forced to fight Kara.

The time before, Kara got super mad at him for stepping in uninvited.

I don't begrudge him not coming by unless Kara asks him for help.

Also, Kara still owes him a robot. Just sayin'

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008
Ask me about Kolob

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, its the basic comic book problem. Why doesn't Oliver call Barry more? Why doesn't Superman help Batman out when Joker's gonna set off a bomb? Why are so many heroes in NYC but they only cross paths when its convenient? You don't read comics unless you accept that the books are in their own lanes for reasons entirely narrative in nature. Same should go for these comic book shows.

That's a fair point and I completely agree in retrospect, I needed to as they say check my privilege

It's just loving sad that tiny superman is imo the best superman on screen since Reeve.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003

Coach Bloodshot

It's really a bummer that they don't appear to have any plans to use Tiny Clark again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Look at it this way. In another, much worse universe, Clark showed up in town and the Legion was all "Hey, Clark! Long time no see! Did we say we based the Legion on Supergirl? Well, I guess your cousin was sort of talking about you when he was helping us kick future rear end!"

Then Superman beats the World Killers and goes on a future adventure while Kara eats ice cream bummed that all her friends either want to kill her or like her cousin more.

Of course there's also a universe where the Waverider crashes on Reign and Sara has to go find the Genius Wizard Lena to help her find Ray's brain, Mick's heart, and Rip's courage. So we can't have everything.

«93 »