Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Heads up, folks! Show's back tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

[quote="“nine-gear crow”" post="“477219055”"]
Heads up, folks! Show’s back tonight.
[/quote]

Does the CW app do live streaming?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Skipping free apps? Girl's in trouble.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Love that they cribbed two of the best scenes from Superman Returns

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Cat stop rubbing it in

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol i imagine them rapidly cutting in that president is not a moron scene last minute

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I miss Talbot's mustache

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Alex and J'onn :3:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

That was a really great episode, just dang, all the emotions.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So who is this other super gal?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Maxwell Lord posted:

So who is this other super gal?

Presumably the female Doomsday-like we saw being loaded into a ship on Krypton at the end of last season's finale.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Finally Kara quit her stupid job at Catco. Just draw a salary from the DEO.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thunderfinger posted:

Does the CW app do live streaming?

I haven't used it since last season, but at least back then they went up immediately after the show ended on the west coast. So if the show starts at 8 the online site would have it at 9 or 9:05 or so (midnight for east coasters).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That was a nice episode. I assume PowerMom is gonna be Reign or whatever her name is from the end of last season.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I'd really love if we could do a CW season opener without the hero wondering if they should be pure hero or pure civilian. I mean I know it's the classic conflict at the heart of all of these stories but man I think they've done every twist on it possible. Hopefully this is them getting it over and done with early.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah I thought this episode was a pretty strong start. I mean, I could go another...oh, forever without hearing about Mon-El again, much less how he's totes Kara's #1 true love soulmate <3, but overall the writing and acting was strong enough to support that story.

I like Supermom. She's got a real pleasant scream, and I mean that in the least psychotic way possible!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Adrian Pasdar cashing them DC and Marvel checks.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

Adrian Pasdar cashing them DC and Marvel checks.

At this point the only role I've seen Adrian Pasdar in where he didn't play a completely unscrupulous dickhead has been Tony Stark in the Marvel animated universe. And that's saying something because it's Tony Stark!

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
As one of the three people that truly love Superman Returns, I really liked that opening of her listening. And while the CG was a bit dodgy with the water, that shot of her lifting the sub was money.

So glad this show is back.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Kara: "Can you imagine what Mon-El's doing right now?"

Me: "Two alien chicks at once?"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Finally Kara quit her stupid job at Catco. Just draw a salary from the DEO.

Pretty sure that text to Lena Luthor at the end alludes that Kara's sticking around at CatCo now that her true love best friend owns the joint.

J'onn and Wynn comparing mopey Kara with mopey Alex was great, but not as great as Alex asking J'onn to giver her away at her wedding. This show is so goddamn sweet and charming.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 10, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ruddiger posted:

Pretty sure that text to Lena Luthor at the end alludes that Kara's sticking around at CatCo now that her true love best friend owns the joint.

J'onn and Wynn comparing mopey Kara with mopey Alex was great, but not as great as Alex asking J'onn to giver her away at her wedding. This show is so goddamn sweet and charming.

Catco is gonna get run into the ground with all this nepotism. First Jimmy as CEO and now Kara is getting her job back despite kinda sucking at it.

Snapper weeps.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Oct 11, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Snapper seems to have disappeared into nothing seeing as Jimmy was running the news meeting.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

muscles like this! posted:

Snapper seems to have disappeared into nothing seeing as Jimmy was running the news meeting.

They had a line about him being on a sabbatical.

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

So is this still the thread?

The heart emoji near the end just about melted me. Also Alex and Jon's talk :3:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jimmy cant go from CEO to photographer. CEO is a lateral move.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

mythicknight posted:

The heart emoji near the end just about melted me.

Yeah, those two are absolutely down. Every interaction was mutual :swoon: at each other.

It's full-on queerbaiting at this point.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
After that dour opening shot of Supergirl watching over the city I was hoping the team behind this show was self aware enough to do a one off GIRL OF STEEL joke title. But no, of course not.

Then the statue lmaooooooooooo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

mythicknight posted:

So is this still the thread?

The heart emoji near the end just about melted me. Also Alex and Jon's talk :3:

If you cry, I'll cry and everyone will know we can cry.

I love her leaving General Talbot on the container ship.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Kind of a late post now, but I just wanted to say that it was pretty awesome seeing Erica Durance as Kara's mom in the beginning of the episode on Monday.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vietnamwees posted:

Kind of a late post now, but I just wanted to say that it was pretty awesome seeing Erica Durance as Kara's mom in the beginning of the episode on Monday.

I swooned.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Actually, never mind, that "Biggest, Gayest Wedding" line was pretty good, too.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Vietnamwees posted:

Actually, never mind, that "Biggest, Gayest Wedding" line was pretty good, too.

Knowing that Floriana Lima is leaving the show as a regular just makes all of this bittersweet. The hammer's gonna fall. Then Kara and Alex can commiserate and have mope nights together I guess.
But... drat. This relationship is so genuine and they have chemistry. I just don't know.

edit: fuuuck. I haven't fangirled about a relationship this much since Moonlighting.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

drat, showing your age. How was it watching I Love Lucy live?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Aleph Null posted:

Knowing that Floriana Lima is leaving the show as a regular just makes all of this bittersweet. The hammer's gonna fall. Then Kara and Alex can commiserate and have mope nights together I guess.

Im holding out hope that they won't break them up, and just let Maggie float into the background for whenever Lima wants to head back up to Vancouver.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Yeah I don't think Maggie needs to be around all the time. Just have her doing cop stuff or wedding stuff off camera.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Big screen with "Pressure regulator" in big letters at the top.
"It's a pressure regulator"

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
One of my biggest likes in the ep is that Wynn wasn't just typing away, he was yelling at a team to type away and do stuff.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr Beens posted:

Big screen with "Pressure regulator" in big letters at the top.
"It's a pressure regulator"

batman signs, now available in supergirl

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So who is nutty Kryptonian science lab project again? Since I'm pretty sure at this point it's the woman with the kid.

Maybe they're be a swerve though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

So who is nutty Kryptonian science lab project again? Since I'm pretty sure at this point it's the woman with the kid.

Maybe they're be a swerve though?

She's their spin on the New 52 character Reign, but it looks like the only thing they're bringing over from the comics is her name.