Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

mastajake posted:

Yeah I didn't really think they sold that relationship/pining very well until the middle of the season last year, but they really didn't sell the breakup.

Also considering this episode continued on directly from last season and took place over the space of 48 hours, Kara went from "yay I'ma gonna get with Jimmy" to "no space for a Jimmy" in a pretty short space of time.

Apart from that and the lego building drat good opening. Supergirl > Arrow > Flash so far.

Oh, so is the "not Lex Luthor" from last season not coming back and they have just replaced him with "not Lex Luthor, but his sister who might also stand in as a replacement for Cat Grant"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Looks like there is a version of Roy in this universe who trained Jimmy in pointless flipping.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

bull3964 posted:

Wynn better design a suit that has an outer layer that's built to envelope lead or the first mugger is going to put him down.

Considering Wynn was suprised about the "flaw" in guardian's suit was that he got injured if a bullet hit on the lycra undersuit bits that aren't covered by plates held on quick release straps (about 50% of Jimmie's body), the chances are not great.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Like I said, I don't have a problem with romance plots. What I do have a problem is when an entire episode is filled with them. Not sure why this is a controversial opinion. Yeah, it was Valentines Day. But did it ever occur to you that some people watch television as a form of escapism?

With you on that. I really don't get the obsession US shows have with having specific "holiday" themed episodes - they are generally terrible, cliche ridden and full of contrivances and shmaltz to fit the "theme".

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

howe_sam posted:

I personally like the idea that Krypton never exploded in Earth-1's universe, and Kara and Kal have just been living their lives like normal.

Didn't they explicitly state this was the case on the show?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Hey guys, they were quite subtle about it but I think the pod they launched at the end was a bad guy. You might have missed it, but there were skull logos on the wall, they anointed the baby with blood and the engines on the pod were red instead of the blue like Kara's.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Big screen with "Pressure regulator" in big letters at the top.
"It's a pressure regulator"

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Has he even been out as Guardian at all this season?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Why were half the time idiots not at the wedding?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Hey look, Mon-El has a superhero suit!
https://twitter.com/TheCWSupergirl/status/950411789124055040

It's not great

Seems like the Arrowverse costume designers have a recipe now - leathery look top with forearm and shoulder plates.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
So no one is going to mention that the luthor suit is a 100% carbon copy of MCU Iron Man, even using the same in helmet face camera?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Great character sections, poo poo "main" plot and other bits.

Bring the mom to secret base.
Let her wander about
She can walk into the armory and just take a weapon
Then walk out the front door with no one noticing.
Massive warehouse of a convicted criminal just sitting there full of stuff for years on end (enough stuff to make exploding drones, lifesize autonomous t-rexes, supergirl containing shrink wrap machines, armies of flying monkey robots etc)
Winn doesn't try to unscrew the front plate of the monkey
Increasingly non reasons for Mon el's crew not be around.
Jimmy not suiting up for some reason
Wyn just pulling the one of 5 levers to release the claw of doom that was the one that didn't crush his mom
and more.

I've not been impressed and dissapointed by the same episode of a TV show in years.

ShakeZula posted:

It was the same bar, wasn't it? The banners and stuff all said "Karaoke Night," like it was a new/irregular thing

It was the same bar, just that aliens don't go there any more just our cast apart from the cast who don't know the other cast are aliens.

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 20, 2018

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, she has been absolutely heartwrenching. I am really glad they didn't discard real-Sam and those body horror moments when she first fully turned to Reign.

On the other hand, come on Saturn Girl. "We didn't know Blight's identity other than that she originated as Pestilence, and all her energy just got quite visibly sucked into Reign, but I'm sure we changed the future!"

I'm not sure if the energy transfer was visible to the characters. No one reacted to it floating out of the bodies, or it getting sucked into Reign, or mentioned any of it happening.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I felt like there was going to be some sinister turn or something, but it was just Councilman Tu-Vok being a conservative jerk. Unless the undecided councilwoman was the priestesss?

I assume you missed the last 15 seconds of the show? They literally show her putting on the robe and invoking Reign. Plus the fact that she has been explicitly shown talking to Reign in the old hideout in hologram form and it's been the same actress the whole time - it's not like they have hidden her face.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1420538/?ref_=tt_cl_t13

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
OK episode, Kara's coming out to Lena was great.

BUT

Let's donate a fully intact and working space craft full of antimatter.

Those are void things, they destroy everything they touch. Doesn't destroy anything they touch.

3 year contract, you'll never work in this town again what?

What was with the new boss lady overpronouncing spanish words at random?

Coincidence that Flash and Supergirl both had black holes, or just writing teams not communicating?

Not looking forward to Lena angst all season.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Andrea is back to over pronoucing her name again.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
How may times did Olsen say "that's not possible"?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I thought bland british guy was a "reporter". Why is he freely wandering around Obsidion North accessing personell files and getting shouted at by the CEO for not buying into the company line?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Kind of lame that they went with "Supergirl has a one to one with half of the world and convinces every single one of them to leave at the same instance with just a few words" solution. "I beleive in you /puke" worked instead of "get the gently caress out or you will die"
The 3 eternals also sucked. Stand in a line and spam the same 3 spells over and over.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Slamhound posted:

True, but those powers had some kind of consistency; Nuclear, Speed, Size; and also had origins in the DC Universe.

Dreamer? Well, she dreams. And her dreams are of the future. Kind of. More like an interpretation of the future. Kind of. She also has dream...lassos? whips? And she can stop tsunamis. With her dreams. And if you’re trapped behind impenetrable glass she can...uh... create a dream form to go through the...uh...just go through the...uh...glass and unlock...uh...unlock the lock...? Through her dreams?

Sarah Lance: No but seriously, what are your powers?

And now she can fly too apparently?

Vietnamwees posted:

So does that mean that Alex is part of the Justice League under the name Sentinel now??

I guess, but other than Flash and Batwoman, all of those signs in J'ons tower are all characters from this show, where as in the "aircraft hanger of justice" where the big table is (that we will never see again) characters from Arrow, Black Lightning and Legends have a seat

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 2, 2021

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
That was terrible.

"No one is doing anything, people are dying out there bloo bloo".
Oh now we have a plan to go and end this and save everyone.
"no I'll catch your superspeed rear end up, I've just got to redesign my costume and get a bunch of hair extensions put in first".
The new helmet is somehow worse than the original.

"oh you should be the new councillor now, you've fought as hard as anyone" - well if you count getting out of jail a couple of days ago and moving into an apartment, maybe everyone else has done literally nothing.

Also lol at Lena's book beating her back and her arriving after it was all done.

So I assume they are going to somehow fill in the gaps next week?
What happened when the original xyxzussply showed up and where did he go
How did Kara get out of the trap
Is Dreamer going to tell anyone that this is all her fault (or did they do that already and forgave her offscreen)

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Sep 23, 2021

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

Did you miss last week's episode? Because this episode was filling in the gaps from that one.

Ha, looks like I did. When the start of this one rewound to the building collapse I just assumed this was the next one.
Shows how much I have bounced off this show that I didn't even realise I missed an episode.
It was still poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Or just start her own news organisation- worked for Iris