Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

So it's Supergirl tonight, Flash/Arrow on tomorrow/Wednesday (premiered last week) and Legends Thursday, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Aquaman

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Would that mean Terry McGinnis would join Arrow?

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Oct 26, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm 6'1" I met SMG too and it was so strange looking down at her.

I get that with a lot of people I see on TV since they aim the camera for normal-height people. One of my dad's co-workers was interviewed for a documentary once and my first thought was "why is she so tall, is my memory wrong?"

And then there's the Conan counterexample, where they use the same camera trickery to make him NOT look like a beanpole giant.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Show's just started over on this coast, but I'm guessing Megan is going the Young Justice route of being white.

E: nailed it.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 1, 2016

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Yeah. Now that the storyline made it official: In the comics, Miss Martian is a White Martian by race and pretends to be a Green Martian so people don't flip their poo poo. She's actually pretty nice and sunny but, y'know, race known for war crimes and all.

In the Young Justice cartoon they made it a bit of a transgender-analogue. Did the comics do the same or was she just green to hide rather than "this is who I feel I really am"?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kara/Icecream
Alex/Icecream
J'onn/Chocos

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

I did get a serious gay vibe from the scene with Mon-El in the flashback.

I saw it as the partyboy prince and his relatively-more-responsible and loyal guard/friend, the kid finally decides to man up and lead his people. If it weren't too similar to season one, I wouldn't put it past the kid to rally the survivors and lead an attack against the two remaining Kryptonians in retaliation.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

howe_sam posted:

I was not expecting a second amendment argument to happen on Supergirl tonight

"They have guns that put holes in buildings. The only way I'll feel safe is if I have a gun that puts holes in buildings."

And Jimmy, I know you mean well but that is some Superman's Pal-level foolishness there.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mortanis posted:

I feel like Winn had a bit of a downgrade this season, going from best friend, confidant and tech guy (and early last season love-sick puppy) to basically ONLY the tech guy. He exists to show up, quip a bit and solve the episode problem with technobabble. I prefer that to the moping over Kara poo poo early last season but the character feels diminished a lot this season.

"I feel like I've spent my whole life being stuck as the sidekick."
"I like sidekick. Nobody punches the sidekick."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Super-senses are like blacklights. Don't use it if you don't really want to know.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Is there a higher-def image? I'm curious what Amell and Routh are reading.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

howe_sam posted:

You get a better glimpse of the cover in the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtkE0a8fhk and it's Robinson Crusoe I believe

Yup, thanks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Jorghnassen posted:

Also, White Martian blood is compatible with Green Martian blood? You know even in humans, you can't just do that without checking first that the types are compatible between donor and receiver.

J'onn will become Beast Boy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

e: On the other hand John Henry Irons loving owns, and if we can get both, I'm down as heck.

Validates the whole Reign of the Supermen arc. Well, at least counteracts "I'm totally a 90s sneaker ad" Superboy.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Just use Hugh Jackman as Lobo.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

A glomp is when a fat girl hugs someone and I made the last one up.

No, a glomp is a tacklehug where the glompee isn't knocked over.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

1 hour until The Event. Or 4 hours for us plebs on the west coast. And who knows for non-'muricans.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

It really is remarkable- in all other respects this is one of the least subtle shows on television, yet they handled this with remarkable nuance.

Of course it helps that Chyler Leigh is just so drat good.

Granted, for TV shows that's a REALLY low bar to clear. But good on 'em all the same.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

howe_sam posted:

Not only are they a real band, but they've even been accorded the highest possible honor in modern music...

Parodied by "Weird Al" Yankovic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FIw8q6UsxI

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The proper way to eat a cupcake is to shove the whole thing in your mouth and remove the paper when you're done. It's like tying a cherry stem into a knot but with frosting.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hollismason posted:

Yeah I didn't watch all of season 1.

I think that was the first "oh my god they're willing to do the weird stuff" episode.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Selachian posted:

Not to mention this...

Seriously, the writers and actors cannot possibly be unaware of the massive amounts of hints they're tossing out.

The flunkies had great expressions there when they accidentially threw her off the building. The slow horror of "we ucked up. We really hosed up."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

That was a very Kevin Smith episode. Dialogue that's a little too snappy, delivered a little too quickly.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Licarn posted:

If you're not going to leave someone for lying to you for months, at least leave them for being so thick that they don't know Romeo and Juliet die in the end, even though it says it in the opening monologue.

They call it a tale of woah, as in "woah, these two really had an awesome life together."

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Was that telepath guy Psimon? I believe he had a predilection for controlling people ("Psimon says", at least in Young Justice). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psimon

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

My God, the :stare: on everyone's faces as that trainwreck happens.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

I got a job teaching children board games and DMing RPGs for them and they're good kids but so many are already inundated with Bad Nerd Culture Garbage so pardon me if I'm particularly sensitive lately.

That's understandable. Any complaints about "Felicity is an okay side character who got exaggerated and became a black hole of drama, sucking all other character interactions into orbit around her and distorting them so much that people now cringe if she gets anywhere near a plot even though Arrow may be pushing her back into a stable position"?

See also: what happens in almost any CW relationship.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Man, it's not back this week? I thought it was back this week.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Kara Danvers burned 40 cakes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Smallville: "Man, look at those fangirls desperately shipping Clark and Lex. I'd never do something like that."
Supergirl: "JUST KISS ALREADY!"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I keep hoping Jimmy's going to realize "Supergirl and the others get the credit because they're iconic. I don't need armor, I need a uniform" and paint the suit in proper Guardian colors.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Plus The Guardian is like National City's understudy/matinee hero so Cat probably just enjoys giving him poo poo. She'd probably sass Mon El too if she knew he existed.

I read that as "manatee" hero and it still works. Nobody cheers for the sea cow.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Grem posted:

Binging through this season on Netflix and maaaan how the gently caress did Kevin Sorbo not see getting shanked by his wife coming from a mile away?

He had to put all his effort and attention into trying to act.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I view writing relationship fiction and then publishing it on the internet to be absolutely pathetic. I visualize every author as someone who'd stab you for disagreeing with their story ideas.

Eh, it can be interesting if you accept it for what it is. One of my friends is a fic-writer as a hobby, she likes to do it to play with shifting people around and putting different personalities in different shows. "If I replaced a character in this serious drama plot with Captain Jack Sparrow I think it would actually work in an interesting way not just a punchline" that sort of thing. Yeah it's dumb, but that's the fun part.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Dr. We have multiple cases of Hiatosis. Acute Shipping and other psychological illnesses, recommend euthanasia.

No, Doctor We is a different show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Thunderfinger posted:

Does the CW app do live streaming?

I haven't used it since last season, but at least back then they went up immediately after the show ended on the west coast. So if the show starts at 8 the online site would have it at 9 or 9:05 or so (midnight for east coasters).

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

That was a nice episode. I assume PowerMom is gonna be Reign or whatever her name is from the end of last season.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

sunday at work posted:

I really enjoyed how not gritty and real the bad guys plan was.

Buy up the water front through shell companies? Nah. Covertly plant exsplosives? Nope.

Hire a known mercenary to pull off a high stakes heist as cover for your real plan to have your mercenary steal tech from a captured alien ship that the military is hiding from the DEO (because you know that is happening) so you can cloak a submarine to fire torpedos at the waterfront (during a Supergirl statue unvailing) to wreck it thus driving down property values? That's the ticket.

Stay comic books Supergirl.

Of course Arrow did the same thing five years ago with an earthquake machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

So given the disorientation and the need for the hero to confront fears they've been repressing, this makes how many Vertigos in CW shows? Five?