Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Hahaha, yeah. All of you guys who liked it while it was on CBS...WELCOME TO CW. Their main demographic is the 13 year old fan of Twilight who thinks in their heart of hearts a real relationship involves tears and emotional manipulation and lying. True love is pain, and your partner is a delicate snowflake who must be gaslit in order to maintain a secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I skipped most of season 1 because it was pretty substandard, but the one constant is that Kara's actress brings a joy and enthusiasm to the character that I, frankly, find exciting and lovable and interesting and it's really great. I watched the first two episodes of this season and made sure to skip the (surprisingly few) romance subplots (this is James stuff right now, I guess) and really enjoyed it. I like it when Kara talks with Cat, and her sister.

I also had fun with this bright found-his-place-in-the-world, cheerful, firmly situated Superman. He and Kara and J'onn, and his time with the rest of the crew (the computer jock :lol:) were really nice. He's most definitely NOT MY SUPERMAN but I thought he was a very successful iteration of the character.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the MoS/BvS version of Superman, and those movies in their entirety, but this sorta-throwback to Reeve's Superman is also a pleasant take on the character. I'm pleased they went this route, I couldn't have taken another Barry/Ollie emotional obfuscation (MY LIFE IS SO HAAAAAAARD!!!) on the show. I do have to say that Supergirl in these past two episodes has been significantly better than a majority of the heroes on the CW since there isn't that shoddy attempt at melodrama.

But we all know Harrison Wells from Flash S01 is the best character on the CW, the next runner-up being Arrow's Deathstroke. :getin:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 19, 2016

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
If the PResident was Linda Carter she was delivering her lines TERRIBLY. It seemed like she was reading off half-complete cards. I know they wanted the President to sound impressive and powerful and wise, but god it was awful listening to her try to speak.

Also, this episode seemed really preachy and/or middle-grade. I agree with most of what they espouse, but it was done with all the repetitive subtlety of an avalanche of bricks.

The first 'racist' reaction by supergirl's sister when she learned everyone at the bar was an alien was retarded. She was just going to shoot a bunch of peaceful, non-acting-like-criminal aliens with her pistol? All of 'em?

James and Snapper's catfighting while James is trying to find his own path was funny. Snapper's smackdown of Kara regarding her op-ed piece was great. Kara's enthusiasm at meeting the President was great. Supergirl's sister going on field missions with her special bazooka remains hilarious. Why doesn't every DEO soldier have a bazooka, given that normal guns don't work?

I stopped watching halfway through. This is still the best CW superhero show, however.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 25, 2016

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Chokes McGee posted:

She was basing her cadence and enunciation on Hillary, not to mention style of dress. Didn't really think it was that subtle but here we are.

Also the entire point was "WHY, THE PRESIDENT WAS AN ALIEN ALL ALONG!" which I'm okay with.

I know they were doing the Hillary/Trump comparisons, but I didn't get that style of speech being Hillary's at all. I still don't see it. I'll take your word for it, though. I guess it makes sense. She still sounded awful.