Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

We just need one more DC-CW show so that we can have a full weeks run, and a weeklong crossover. We've got a nicely fleshed out potential Justice league already. Who to base it around though? Batman is too much of an overlap with Green Arrow, the hawk people are too bland and miscast to be useful as anything other than side characters in an ensemble (and barely at that). Ray and firestorm are both fun characters, but they're already on legends and I don't think either of them could carry a show. Constantine is fun, but they seem reluctant to let the CW shows use him.

Maybe Wonder Woman, or green lantern? They've been dropping hints about the latter on flash.
Gina Torres as Wonder Woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Goddamn, Maggie is a straight-up tease. No wonder her ex was so hostile.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Despite the myriad of problems these shows have, I really love how much the casts are just completely psyched to play superheroes.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Kara had a point about Lena's having turned in her mother, and Jimmy's response of "she turned in her mother, who knows what she's capable of" was really loving dumb. And following that up with a suggestion of some kind long-con was just as stubborn as Kara's ignoring the evidence.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I thought the last few episodes were kinda weak, like they were first-drafts, but tonight's was solid.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I love how Krypton's go-to panic-move is to launch a child into the void.

"Wait! It's only a 3 on the Richter…"

WHOOOOOSHHH!!!!

"…okay, nevermind."

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Hellraiser reboot looking weird.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I liked the wind-up for the human-drill thing at the beginning of this episode.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I'm more on Lena's side here, but I'd be happier if they at least pointed out that Kryptonite could be the final death Supergirl and Superman, the last children of Krypton. It's not just personal, it's existential.

twistedmentat posted:

Is she going to make Supergirl eat the pennies?

Kara, eat the pennies. It's just pennies...so you poop pennies, big deal!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

I'm not going to eat pennies
Listen to your sidekick Supergirl and eat the pennies.
I'm not a sidekick! Eat the drat pennies already!

Supergirl, where did you get that cape?
That's an excellent question. I have no idea.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Honestly, the best thing would be for them to lean into it and go Full Communism.

I can't lift 2 tons of steel over my head. I also can't order up a crane and team of workmen to lift 2 tons of steel over my head.

I wasn't born with the ability to dodge bullets. I also wasn't born with the ability to hire a squadron of security officers to guarantee my safety from bullets.

I'm unable to project my thoughts into the heads of hundreds of millions of people. I also don't own a multinational media conglomerate that reaches hundreds of millions of people.

This episode touched on all of those points, but failed to see the structural problem that Liberty's family always existed at the whims of those in power.

It's just that the power has changed.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

howe_sam posted:

Manchester's intolerant left line made my night.
The only way it could have been better is if he said "the intolerant left hook."

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
What I like about this tweet is that it works just as well if you imagine it happening in-universe.

Lois Lane: I texted Braniac and he said it was a solar hammer from a cosmic anvil.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Dude loves purple, especially for a white guy.

Thank you for this.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Dreamer has to show up on Legends if only so that when she’s done pulling yet another ability out of her rear end, Sarah can turn to her and ask “what are your powers again?”

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Sadly, power with functional super powers don't tend to last long on Legends. See: Firestorm, Wally West, Ray's ATOM suit, etc.
True, but those powers had some kind of consistency; Nuclear, Speed, Size; and also had origins in the DC Universe.

Dreamer? Well, she dreams. And her dreams are of the future. Kind of. More like an interpretation of the future. Kind of. She also has dream...lassos? whips? And she can stop tsunamis. With her dreams. And if you’re trapped behind impenetrable glass she can...uh... create a dream form to go through the...uh...just go through the...uh...glass and unlock...uh...unlock the lock...? Through her dreams?

Sarah Lance: No but seriously, what are your powers?

Tiggum posted:

Well, a lot of things happened in that episode, and I'm sure they'd have meant something to me a year ago. But as of right now, I mostly had no idea what anyone was talking about and spent most of the episode going "Who is that?" and "This person has super powers now?" and "How many characters are in this show?"
This is me with all of these shows. I usually have to get back up to speed like normal, but the last year absolutely demolished my brain and I don’t recognize poo poo. I thought Megan was a speedster at first.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I thought to myself "it would be funny if Supergirl used her heat vision as a laser pointer" and then she did.

A+

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
I tend to appreciate the on-the-nose episodes from these CW shows, even when they're cringeworthy, because the general culture seems either anti, or weirdly apologetic about Ess Jay Double-Ewe plots. Presenting it as a given positive is a-okay in my book.

That being said, good Lord, that was a jargon-heavy last conversation. I mean, drat.

Also this:

Maxwell Lord posted:

And remember always eat your vegetables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

quote:

"It will take the sun 6 months to regenerate."
What?

quote:

"Not to mention that the sun's orbit could be altered."
W-What??

quote:

"So I-I'll...put it back."
W-W-Whaaaat????

quote:

"You can release the solar flare blast in 6 seconds. 5...4..."
*20 second monologue about how they have to turn the satellite off sooner that 6 seconds*

Pillowpants posted:

I just finished and I feel..relief? The past couple years have been such a chore. Good to see cat grant back

I really love the cast and Kara and Wynn's song was great, but goddamn these last seasons were brutal.