Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
So Cadmus wants the Spear of Destiny to restore Dean Cain as Superman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

STAC Goat posted:

Maggie doesn't have a lot of purpose in the show beyond Alex's girlfriend/fiance/wife. Like, it would be different if they made the NCPD a thing that matters, but they really haven't. So she could easily show up every few episodes as a "guest" and still be Alex's wife. She might still get more TV time than James.

I had hoped that Maggie's presence meant Intergang would be a recurring villain that she would investigate but alas.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

One of my biggest likes in the ep is that Wynn wasn't just typing away, he was yelling at a team to type away and do stuff.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

muscles like this! posted:

Am I seeing things or was the super expensive apartment from the beginning of the episode the apartment from Arrow?

That apartment gets around. It was also on this week's Flash.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

8one6 posted:

It didn't kill them, it just teleported them to the Martian afterlife.

You mean sent them to another dimension?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

The Lord Bude posted:

What was the issue here? Does the actress no longer want to be on the show? Do the showrunners feel that the character wasn’t working? I know a lot of people were pissed off at the casting choice.

I had strong hopes that introducing Maggie Sawyer also meant introducing Intergang as her primary nemesis. A B-level villain that the DEO can assist in stopping but that Maggie is working to bust.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

howe_sam posted:

https://twitter.com/TheCWSupergirl/status/934542210879467521
So they're taking another bite at the Red Tornado apple?

Who's the other archer with a blade? Thea? Roy? Slightly more evil Slade?

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

The Lord Bude posted:

They don't have ribs in the 31st Century? That's a dark future....

Forget founding the Legion, Mon-El should have opened up an all-you-can-eat ribs joint.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

LongDarkNight posted:

I like the suggestion of the diamond shaped shield, sort of an homage to Kara.

It should be a empty gap in his costume, as a homage to Power Girl.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

What a vain hope I have for Hoechlin to be the DCEU's Superman now that Cavill is out.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Bruceski posted:

Is Cavill actually out? I thought it was the Holywood Reporter doing backseat theorycrafting with a clickbait title ("he has a schedule conflict preventing a Shazam cameo! And there isn't another solo movie in the pipe right now! And he took another job on an adaptation of a game/book he's a major nerd fan of!"), and then all the other reports track back to that one.

You're right in that strict reading shows that Cavill just isn't available anytime in the next couple of years to be Superman. But the other part is that no one has contradicted it. WB/DC basically said that "We love Cavill as Superman but no decisions have been made." The responses from the reps and studio have been non-committal and hedging.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Argue posted:

If they're gonna have this much prep time for CoIE then I will accept nothing less than a true unified event like Earth-X (as opposed to this one, where each ep still felt tonally individualized for each show), and across all the shows, this time including Batwoman and Black Lightning, and very quick cameos from Gotham, Krypton, Doom Patrol, and gently caress Batman.

God if David Ramsey doesn't get a Lantern power ring in that I will just go bonkers.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

I liked the way his cape just came out from lower down in the other suit. it felt a bit more unique and less like the cape was just stuffed down his collar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

Jordan Calloway is charismatic enough that he could probably pull off a solo series, but it's gonna come down to the characters they pair him up with, because the thing that made Khalil work as well as he did on Black Lightning was his relationships with people like Jennifer and Jefferson, or a good adversary like Tobias or Gravedigger. The Gravedigger fight at the end of last season was one of the best the show's done.

But yeah, I feel mostly the same way. Crisis and the end of Arrow felt like a natural jumping off point for me, and then COVID t-boning the rest of the active shows and Ruby Rose bailing on Batwoman just dragged things down even further. I'm still all aboard for Legends and its wacky bullshit, but I just can't be bothered to be interested in anything else in the Arrowverse any more.

it's kind of bonkers because it'll be a lot of new faces at the table in the NOT Hall of Justice