Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rhyno posted:

He's Hollywood 6'0". Amell posted pics of them together and is noticeably taller. I met Amell and he's probably only 6'0".

He's TINY.

Superman is roughly the size of JJ Barea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

In Earth 1 Superman's ship fell into the sun and baby Superman died

That is actually what happened in Earth-Custard. The Earth the Teletubbies call home.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dongattack posted:

Is Arrow good now? I feel like i should get caught up seeing this and seeing as i watch Supergirl and Flash, but it was unwatchable when i stopped watching at around season 2/3.

This season I think it's either the best or second best of the DC shows.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Why did J'onn use the disguise trick on Alex instead of just reading her mind?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

You'd think potential intergalactic war would get Clark to show up and see if he could help.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Longbaugh01 posted:

Zod again? Seriously? That's just kind of lazy. And if he's in the finale then that means they're setting hi up as a big bad for at least part of Season 3. Sigh.

Anyway, this episode was kind of lame. Especially when coming back from a too-long hiatus, but whatever. I'm glad CWDCTV shows are back at least.

Oh also, I think they've been setting up this Kara and Lena thing the whole time just so when Lena goes bad at some point it'll be more dramatic. I mean, it's kind of predictable and I'm sure I'm not the first to say it, but it parallels certain interpretations of Clark and Lex's relationship in the stories where they were some level of friends before they were enemies.

Was there any comic precedence for this episode's villains?

Thinking about it. Speculation for next two season's big bads. I wouldn't be shocked if Zod is the big bad for next season and his actions cause Lena to go bad/become the big bad for the season after that.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Xelkelvos posted:

He'd definitely be a more budget friendly powerhouse than Firestorm, Ray, or even Steel. Of course, if that much particulate lead would gently caress him up (btw, wouldn't Win and the Luthor's have gotten a much more potent dose of lead since they were at ground zero?), he'd probably never be let off the ship in any time period and location where the automobile was in popular use pre-banning of leaded gasoline or pretty much any major city during the industrial revolution.

They'd let him off the ship in those situations but only because the Legends are idiots.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Barely.

I watch Supergirl every week, I can't call that movie a trash fire. The action scenes were fun.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

howe_sam posted:

They already announced that Supergirl is coming back in late August, around the same time that the second season of Stargirl debuts. No, I have no idea why they're basically pushing the rest of the show to the 2021-2022 season beyond they need a buffer in case there are covid delays getting affecting production for next season's slate?

Wow that is a huge mid season break. So I wonder if next episode wraps up any current plots and August will be like a mini season.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

LongDarkNight posted:

I would like to see Brainy and Dreamer go to Legends. They are great together and it would be a nice change to have a full formed couple join the team.

I just wish Legends would go back to taking cast offs from other shows.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I hope Jimmy and Cat (not younger Cat) can do cameos before this season ends.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

J'onn in his superhero suit but human form always looks wrong. I feel like when they started doing that is when this show stopped trying.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Referencing Kal this episode is cruel if he doesn't show up once this season.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

I do have to question how the Central City Citizen is so high up in the media ranking when it is like 4 people.

Barry registers millions of Facebook accounts and shares Central City Citizen articles, inflating their ranking due to massive social media engagement.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

It sucks how cheap they've gotten with Martian Manhunter.

I loled when Rojas had all the Super Friends on the white board. Sentinel's secret identity shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I just hope the last episode or two of the season can be good episodes/close out the series well.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Vietnamwees posted:

So what did everyone think of the latest episode where Mxzly and Nzxly brawl all over time & space? Supergirl wasn't on for me because it showed the VMA Awards.

It was the best episode since they’ve been back. I wouldn’t necessarily call it a great episode but it was better than the previous few.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I hope they have an episode bringing back as many ex cast members as possible before the series is over. I doubt they could get Calista Flockhart back but it really won't feel complete without her. At least a zoom video chat or something with Kara would be good enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

That finale was better than I hoped for. Glad they were able to get Cat back for the episode. Shocked they didn't bring in Clark, they brought back basically every other important character from the series. Even just a text from "her cousin" would have added some good symmetry with the start of the series. Glad they were mostly able to stick the landing.

Supergirl season power rankings:

The network switch was rough on the show but I'm glad they got to do the rest of the show on CW. Nice to see another Arrowverse show wrap up in its own terms.

I hope one day after Melissa Benoist has taken plenty of time off, she does a cameo as Kara/Supergirl in Superman & Lois.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Nov 10, 2021