Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

twistedmentat posted:

I wonder if they will do a Power Girl episode. I can certainly see them having Benoist play Kara Zor-L and well as Kara Danvers, and her pulling off the idea that the other is older.

They should make it so that Power Girl is Earth-Flarrow Kara. They could even do a whole plot about Barry finding her and convincing her she has powers because he knows her double.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Don't worry Lena, it was a telemarketer, so it was totally okay for me to answer your phone.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Give Petra a break she's been through so much already :mad:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

This Life Is Strange episode sure was a lot more compelling than I normally find this show; wish we could have had this instead of Smallville.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Are they supposed to be setting up Lena to be a bad guy here? I know I'm preaching to the choir but I can't see myself siding with Kara "all the kryptonite on the planet should be under my control" Danvers.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

The Legion of Superheroes would be perfect as a foil to the Time Idiots.

Gluten Freeman posted:

It's really funny that Kara was all "it was wrong to kill Reign!" so instead she... consigns her to oblivion? Or something? Kind of unclear what was going on there. But "I don't kill" is always an incredibly annoying line in the sand for superhero shows to draw.

I don't mind the "I don't kill" thing in itself, but these things have a habit of doing copouts where the heroes only adhere to the letter of the promise but not the spirit. Doesn't Superman just stash powerful villains in the Phantom Zone, which may as well count as dead for all intents and purposes? And let's not get started on Barry Allen.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I can't fuckin wait for Tiny Lex

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

howe_sam posted:

The Legends are also allegedly going to make a cameo of some sort in the crossover.

They said that but watch it be another Beebo appearance.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

If they're gonna have this much prep time for CoIE then I will accept nothing less than a true unified event like Earth-X (as opposed to this one, where each ep still felt tonally individualized for each show), and across all the shows, this time including Batwoman and Black Lightning, and very quick cameos from Gotham, Krypton, Doom Patrol, and gently caress Batman.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

No, you see, Barry and Kara traveled around the world in opposite directions at mach 7, generating enough centrifugal force to slow down time in their universe, but time kept going in the other universes, so 5.5 years passed in the Antimonitor's time while earth was slowed down.

Hire me Guggenheim

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

TwoPair posted:

I'd say they should drag some of the Earth-1 crew to Earth-38 for a crossover but I'm having a hard time thinking of why. I mean two white guys aren't gonna help much on this season's Supergirl vs. Racism plot and the various science back-up squads are redundant with Lena and Brainy around.

Don't worry, when CoIE merges the earths in 2019 then they can all team up against Darkseid for Final Crisis 2020.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Yannick_B posted:

The Tyler Hoechner Superman is written and portrayed like he stepped out of Parks and Recreation, it's a genius way to approach the character.

Davros1 posted:

From Elizabeth Tulloch's Twitter:

“What if I told you that I could make a turkey burger that tastes better than any other burger you’ve ever had?”

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Did the Lex Luthor ep air? I only watched the crossover eps this year, and I thought they did a really great job there with portraying Superman as a silver agey boy scout a la All Star. Does this keep up that interpretation, and would I be able to enjoy this one without having seen any of the rest of the season?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

Reposting my question now that the episode has actually aired:

Argue posted:

Did the Lex Luthor ep air? I only watched the crossover eps this year, and I thought they did a really great job there with portraying Superman as a silver agey boy scout a la All Star. Does this keep up that interpretation, and would I be able to enjoy this one without having seen any of the rest of the season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I really wanted a crossover lite where Barry or Ollie encountered an amnesiac meta with powers named Karen Starr, played by Melissa Benoist. I guess it'd still be possible after Crisis though! Depending on how things play out, anyway.