Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

"When I was a child, my planet, Krypton, was dying. I was sent to Earth to protect ~~~my cousin~~~. But my pod got knocked off course and by the time I got here, my cousin had already grown up and become Superman. And so I hid my powers until recently, when an accident forced me to reveal myself to the world. To most people, I'm an assistant at CatCo Worldwide Media. But in secret, I work with my adopted sister and the DEO to protect my city from alien life and anyone else that means to cause it harm. I am Supergirl."

Supergirl returns Monday, October 10th at 8/7 C, this time on the CW instead of on CBS. This of course means we'll be seeing less of

and more of

But not all is bad. Being on the CW means a greater possibility of crossovers with the CWverse of The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow, and the Flash crossover last year was one of the best episodes. Also, this year they're actually casting her cousin. So buckle in to your spaceship and get ready for a great season!

Cast

Melissa Benoist as Kara Danvers
A 25-year old woman working as a personal assistant for Cat Grant at CatCo who was recently promoted! She likes long walks on the beach, complete transparency in her relationships, and ice cream.

Melissa Benoist as Kara Zor-El / Supergirl
Oh yeah, also she's a Kryptonian who flies around saving people.

Mehcad Brooks as James Olsen
Yes, that James Olsen. Prefers James to Jimmy these days. Superman asked him to go keep an eye on Kara for him. He didn't mind.

Chyler Leigh as Alex Danvers
Kara's sister (adoptive). Alex's parents took in Kara when her spaceship landed. Alex works at the DEO (Department of Extra-Normal Operations) and is an all-around bad-rear end.

Jeremy Jordan as Winslow "Winn" Schott, Jr.
The tech guy for CatCo. Has a crush on Kara. But Kara likes James! And James likes Kara but also his ex, Lucy Lane! Yeah, this show is going to fit in just nicely on the CW. Anyway, Winn is the son of infamous villain, Toyman.

David Harewood as Hank Henshaw / J'onn J'onzz / Martian Manhunter
The head of the DEO and the last living Martian. Hank seems to have rid himself of his qualms of fighting as himself and can help out Kara more.

Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant
Cat is Kara's witty boss and mentor, and is likely not going to be seen as often this year (Recurring Cast this year instead of Main Cast).

And introducing....

Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent / Superman
Not really sure how much he's going to be in the show this year. He's listed as "Special Guest Cast" on the wikia. But we know he will at least be in the first two episodes. Hopefully there will be no awkward incest...

Other stars this year will include Floriana Lima as Maggie Sawyer and Chris Wood as Mon-El.

Anyway, have an ice cream gif:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Yeah.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

BrianWilly posted:

Okay, can I bring the room down for a minute? The whole breakup with James was so loving stupid. So stupid. I feel like they just filtered raw unrefined CWium into this one single plot.

('Cuz the rest of it was so great)

Yeah I didn't really think they sold that relationship/pining very well until the middle of the season last year, but they really didn't sell the breakup.