Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
yisssssssss

When all around you is nothing but ash, ash and more ash any change at all might as well be paradise. The fortified crossroads called Slurry is hardly the legendary Garden, but for some jingle you can get just about anything to help you forget that. Hell, they even have a well that goes down to the water locked away under the cold hard ground, and brother you do not know how good clean water is until you've had it and it gets taken away. Used to be old Mad-Cap ran the hold, and when he got crazy (which was a lot) he'd pump that water out all over the ash and have his gang shoot anyone who went for it. Stories about how Duchess took it over get pretty wild - was she a concubine, an assassin, or just a stranger who stepped up? Either way these are her walls and her water now. Don't forget that, and maybe you can take shelter here for a while.

If you don't like it, there's always the ash wastes.

The Hardholder posted:

Name: Duchess
Look: Woman, Junta wear, Aristocratic face, Commanding eyes, Tall spare body
Stats: Cool+1 Hard+2 Hot+1 Sharp+1 Weird-2

Gear: TBA
  • 9mm, Big Knife, Grenades
  • Fashion worth 1 Armour (Tough Fatigues)

HARDHOLDER MOVES

Leadership: when you have to order your gang to advance, regroup, hold position, hold discipline, or put their drat backs into it, roll +hard. On a hit, they do it. On a 10+, they snap to; take +1forward. On a miss, they do it, but you’ll hear about it later.

Wealth: If your hold is secure and your rule unchallenged, at the beginning of the session, roll+hard. On a 10+, you have surplus at hand and available for the needs of the session. On a 7–9, you have surplus, but choose 1 want. On a miss, or if your hold is compromised or your rule contested, your hold is in want. Thee precise values of your surplus and want depend on your holding, as follows.

BARTER
Your holding provides for your day-to-day living, so while you’re there governing it, you need not spend barter for your lifestyle at the beginning of the session. When you give gifts, here’s what might count as a gift worth 1-barter: a month’s hospitality, including a place to live and meals in common with others; a night in high luxury & company; any weapon, gear or fashion not valuable or hi-tech; repair of a piece of hi-tech gear by your fave savvyhead or techso; a week’s bestowal of the protective companionship of one of your battle-babes, gunluggers, or gang members; a month’s maintenance and repairs for a hi-performance vehicle well-used; a half hour’s worth of your undivided attention, in private audience; or, of course, oddments worth 1-barter.

In times of abundance, your holding’s surplus is yours to spend personally as you see fit. (Suppose that your citizen’s lives are the more abundant too, in proportion.) You can see what 1-barter is worth, from the above. For better stuff, be prepared to make unique arrangements, probably by treating with another hard-holder nearby.

HARDHOLDER SPECIAL

If you and another character have sex, you can give the other character gifts worth 1-barter, at no cost to you.

Holding: Slurry

• 200-300 souls. Surplus: +1barter, want: +disease.
  • a mix of hunting, crude farming, and scavenging (surplus: 1-barter, want: hungry).
  • a bustling, widely-known market commons. Surplus: +1barter, want: +strangers.
  • a manufactory. Surplus: +1barter, want: +idle.
  • a tall, deep and mighty compound of stone and iron. Your gang gets +2armor when fighting in its defense.
  • an poo poo armory of scavenged and makeshift weapons, -1 Gang Harm
  • a poo poo garage of 2 utility vehicles and 2 specialized battle vehicles (detail with the MC).
  • a gang of about 60 violent bastards (1-harm gang large unruly 1-armor).

HX

On your turn, ask either or both:
Which one of you has been with me since before? For that character, write Hx+2.
Which one of you has betrayed or stolen from me? For that character, write Hx+3.
For everyone else, write Hx+1. It’s in your interests to know everyone’s business.

Vehicles posted:

'Expenses' Speed 0 Handling 0 Massive 2 Armour 3
  • Car (pickup) Massive 2 Battle Options 2
  • Rugged, Easily Repaired
  • Spikes and Plates
  • Slow, Guzzler
  • +2 Armour
  • Specialized Battle Vehicle +1 Armour, Mounted Machine Guns

'Difficulties' Speed 0 Handling 0 Massive 2 Armour 3
  • Spikes and Plates
  • Slow, Guzzler
  • +2 Armour

'Issues' Speed 0 Handling 0 Massive 2 Armour 2
  • Spikes and Plates
  • Slow, Guzzler
  • +2 Armour

'Support' Speed 0 Handling 0 Massive 2 Armour 2
  • Spikes and Plates
  • Slow, Guzzler
  • +2 Armour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53gjP-TtGE

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Nov 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

i just want to point out now that the apocalypse was clearly pokemon related

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Capfalcon posted:

Duchess, the Hardholder
Who's vanished recently that used to come through the crossroads? Why do you miss them? Why are you glad their out of your hair? Who do you think's to blame?
Who's your right hand in the hold? How do you know you can trust them?

Rash hasn't been seen or heard from in getting on near a month now, and he never goes farther than Big Mound or Jawbone on his little trading trips. If he's gone for good I'm going to have to find someone else with his magic touch on machines - he got the Pump running better than it has in years, and next time he came through I was going to have him see if he could get the Antenna rigged up to get a clear signal. I won't miss his tendency to cut up the whores at Miss-cheef's place when he gets high on that battery acid poo poo he cooks up though. Probably her or one of hers hired themselves a killer to take him out. Or he went blind (if he ain't dead, do not accept a drink from him) and wandered into quick-ash. If i did find out someone had him killed I'd have to make some kind of example of them, but I'm not going looking.

Zeb is my number one guy. He's old, wiry and he's got more than a few parts missing but in the day he was a bad motherfucker. Even the dumbest of the kids in the Guards respect him or fear him enough that it makes no difference. Mad-Cap took several of those bits for...recreational purposes, and since I took that fucker out before he finished the job Zeb swore he'd have my back. We've spilled enough blood for each other since then that we both know the other is for real, like the time the hard old bastard singlehandedly pushed back Gastro's gang when they breached the compound while most of the Guard was off raiding. Or when the Pale Brood caught us away from our truck while we were tracking a caravan and he lost his favorite leg and I had to carry him for nearly three loving days to get home. All those metal parts make him heavier than he looks.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 6, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Alaois posted:

should we be worried

about the amish? nah, they're a localized threat at worst.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Duchess questions:
  • Which one of you has been with me since before? For that character, write Hx+2. Needle
  • Which one of you has betrayed or stolen from me? For that character, write Hx+3. Eye
  • For everyone else, write Hx+1. It’s in your interests to know everyone’s business. Misc

Eye, Duchess is careful to always tell you the truth - but not necessarily the whole truth. Sometimes a leader needs to keep secrets.

Sundown, if you've been watching me at all it better be a drat close kept secret, and you'd better continue to be careful.

Mastiff, you can't trust Duchess. You're a free agent and she likes having control too much for a healthy working relationship.

Aurica, Duchess may run the hold but she's just another customer to you. Felt that needle worked better as the 'since before' sorry.

Needle, you and Duchess go way, way, way back. Back to the time before she bought some kind of sanity to the little patch of hell.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 15, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

These are the proposed holding vehicles - basically the SBV are up-armored technicals, the utility vehicles have less armor and no machine guns.

Vehicles posted:

'Expenses' Speed 0 Handling 0 Massive 2 Armour 3
  • Spikes and Plates
  • Slow, Guzzler
  • +2 Armour

'Difficulties' Speed 0 Handling 0 Massive 2 Armour 3
  • Spikes and Plates
  • Slow, Guzzler
  • +2 Armour

'Issues' Speed 0 Handling 0 Massive 2 Armour 2
  • Spikes and Plates
  • Slow, Guzzler
  • +2 Armour

'Support' Speed 0 Handling 0 Massive 2 Armour 2
  • Spikes and Plates
  • Slow, Guzzler
  • +2 Armour

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Eye should highlight something for Duchess

neaden posted:

Duchess should give Needles a highlight.

You always were as Sharp as your namesake.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

You feel that Cool breeze, Mastiff? Put some drat pants on in my town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Wealth: 2d6+2 9

Gain Surplus (3 Barter) and one Want (Strangers)

• Locked thread