Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Ruffini posted:

FFXIV event hyypppe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
Sage looks sick

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

GOING TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Imp static hype

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

P-Mack posted:

Imp static hype

what servers is peoples on?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-bkJ2ZoW6k

also teaser if you missed it

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
excited for more gameplay, to play

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

what servers is peoples on?

Excal like most goons, thankfully it matters less and less with world and now data center visit

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

im a malboro man

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bolverkur posted:

im a malboro man

thought that whole server had collapsed when someone put on a ribbon

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

thought that whole server had collapsed when someone put on a ribbon

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sounds like there may be some FF7 Remake news sometime this week. hope everyone saved up their vacation days at work.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Bicyclops posted:

sounds like there may be some FF7 Remake news sometime this week. hope everyone saved up their vacation days at work.

There is supposed to be a concert in Tokyo on Saturday and they were going to release info there but I can't figure out if the concert was cancelled due to corona or not since all the info is in Japanese. But my understanding is the concert is going to be livestreamed to nico with no in-person attendance, and there is a video announcement at the end.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Bicyclops posted:

calling out of work for the big nintendo direct

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I wanted to like 14 so much and I couldn’t even last for the free month or whatever I bounced off that game so hard.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There's definitely a moment where it gets really good but it's an entire game in and even then there's homework. I think what got me through the first part was that it's my first mmo so I was just charmed by mmo stuff.

They did add flying to the old zones tho, so that helps a lot.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
dont play mmos

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I'll do as I please. But I won't play XIV any more.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

XI was good but I didn’t like either version of XIV

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

14 was fun for the month or 2 I played it but ultimately:

elf help book posted:

dont play mmos

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

dont play mmos

i was almost happy the Magic one looked so bad because i won't be tempted to play it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

a friend really into xiv got me it for Christmas one year so we could play together. The character creator was really cool and you could make a rally nice character Foran MMO. then I had to wait three days to play to join her server because it was locked to new people and I lost interest as soon as I was able to register for the server

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

elf help book posted:

dont play mmos

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

i'm playing ffxiv right now, and it's pretty good

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ff1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 10-2 12 13 13-2 lightning returns 15 7 remake > ff14 ff11

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Plebian Parasite posted:

i'm playing ffxiv right now, and it's pretty good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

13-2 is the best game in the series. Cope.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

FFXIV is fine as a leveling experience and the story is pretty good for an MMO (and Shadowbringers is legit good) but I hate the level cap content and it's not engaging on a mechanical level either. The way the "hard" fights are designed is based completely on rote memorization of specific patterns and it's a really boring way to make a fight difficult. They also have been making enrage timers leaner while making movement and mechanics more dense, so it doesn't actually matter as much how you play your job so long as you know to move from A to B to C at the right time and at least half your group stays alive.

Love the fishing, though.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

13-2 is the best game in the series. Cope.

I really liked this game and thought the Chrono Trigger style time travel stuff was cool and was wondering why more people don't talk about it but I guess it's cause "durrr 13 is bad" bullcrap.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018
G'raha Tia is real and my friend

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Kongming posted:

I really liked this game and thought the Chrono Trigger style time travel stuff was cool and was wondering why more people don't talk about it but I guess it's cause "durrr 13 is bad" bullcrap.

ff13-2 is real good in my humble not biased opinion

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

whole 13 trilogy kicks rear end.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

In Training posted:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Pretty bullshit that 15 won’t get direct sequels since that game leaves the world in a pretty interesting place.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

Pretty bullshit that 15 won’t get direct sequels since that game leaves the world in a pretty interesting place.

it's weird that the only FF games that got direct sequels are like 4, (sort of) 7, 10, 12 and 13. if nothing else, you'd think the money they made from selling the sequel to 4 in installments would convince them that it's worth it to just take the assets from final fantasy 5, shuffle the dungeons around and release Final Fantasy V: There Was Another Bad Tree in That One Forest with the grandkids of Butz and Lena, Nutz and Wena.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

An FF6 sequel that just leaves a blank space in the battle menu where Magic would be.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

tao of lmao posted:

thinking about how they canned the epilogue/golden ending DLCs after the first one and put them in a light novel and getting mad again

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

thinking about how they canned the epilogue/golden ending DLCs after the first one and put them in a light novel and getting mad again

waiting forever for episode iris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

In Training posted:

this