Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Can’t wait to kill chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
been softly wooting for this to be good. nioh like combat in a ff game could be win and perhaps even pog

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

Tim Burtonesque Broom: TCELES B HSUP.
Jack: Enough with your riddles and mysteries. Your incantations mean nothing to a man like me, with no luxury for memories.... Fighting is what I live for.
*Mariah Carey cover of "Hero" begins to play*

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Bicyclops posted:

Tim Burtonesque Broom: TCELES B HSUP.
Jack: Enough with your riddles and mysteries. Your incantations mean nothing to a man like me, with no luxury for memories.... Fighting is what I live for.
*Mariah Carey cover of "Hero" begins to play*

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
gamefaqs thread is in the goldmine, but I found this while helping my sister with a side quest:

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Arrhythmia posted:

gamefaqs thread is in the goldmine, but I found this while helping my sister with a side quest:

God bless Sunnyd29

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Arrhythmia posted:

:staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

Lmfao

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Arrhythmia posted:

lol but also getting mild gamer ptsd from when I hosed up my X-2 100% completion run by missing two lines of dialogue.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

i bet he'd like to help them get to 69% :xd:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Browsing GameFAQs* Soda, OJ, purple stuff… hey, Sunnyd29!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

thinking about when my friend in elementary school got in trouble with his mom for calling the Nintendo hotline too many times and racking up the tolls, so he just switched to calling me

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol but also getting mild gamer ptsd from when I hosed up my X-2 100% completion run by missing two lines of dialogue.

accidentally interrupting maechen ftw

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

thinking about when my friend in elementary school got in trouble with his mom for calling the Nintendo hotline too many times and racking up the tolls, so he just switched to calling me

I used to know a kid who would call me up for Link to the Past hints and I would just read him things out of the tiny hint booklet that came with the game

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i remember that hint booklet well. i brought it to school and read it there a lot. i knew EXACTLY how to get the big key in the eastern palace and i will NEVER forget it.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

My mom confiscated the hint booklet and forbid anyone from opening it

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

accidentally interrupting maechen ftw

Worse, I exited out of a chap 4 commsphere before the cutscene triggered.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Plebian Parasite posted:

Worse, I exited out of a chap 4 commsphere before the cutscene triggered.

The fact that they have a scene skip button, but you can't use it for 100%, is some absolute psycho poo poo.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Arrhythmia posted:

The fact that they have a scene skip button, but you can't use it for 100%, is some absolute psycho poo poo.

its incredible game design

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I didn't *skip* any scenes, rather what I did was this:

In chap 3, for full completion, you have to visit every location and put a camera down there for future use. In chap 4, there's a series of cutscenes you need to view from the ship that involve you looking through the camera and seeing really mundane stuff happen in all the places you put the cameras. Sometimes you don't get any cutscene at all and you have to exit out and enter back in to try to trigger it, but each cutscene only triggers once. So what I think happened was: I opened up the camera and after looking around a while - I impatiently closed the camera right when the cutscene had just barely triggered, meaning I had missed it forever; and because the cutscene was like 0.1% of completion it took a while before I realized the numbers were off and I had botched the whole attempt. This is around the 2/3rds mark of the game too, easily about 20 hours in, probably more.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Plebian Parasite posted:

I didn't *skip* any scenes, rather what I did was this:

In chap 3, for full completion, you have to visit every location and put a camera down there for future use. In chap 4, there's a series of cutscenes you need to view from the ship that involve you looking through the camera and seeing really mundane stuff happen in all the places you put the cameras. Sometimes you don't get any cutscene at all and you have to exit out and enter back in to try to trigger it, but each cutscene only triggers once. So what I think happened was: I opened up the camera and after looking around a while - I impatiently closed the camera right when the cutscene had just barely triggered, meaning I had missed it forever; and because the cutscene was like 0.1% of completion it took a while before I realized the numbers were off and I had botched the whole attempt. This is around the 2/3rds mark of the game too, easily about 20 hours in, probably more.

did you try calling sunnyd?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Arrhythmia posted:

that sounds like something kawazu would do lol

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHaxG0WaM7I

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i love all the relaxing guitar music in this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

my miner is level 85 in Final Fantqasy XIV. Lets goooooooooo!

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I always over-prepare for the World 2 end guys on FFV and find the third act too easy, which is entirely my own doing. I gotta say though, I haven't played this game in a while so I really did forget just how overpowered Spellblade is.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Every ff game is easy unless youre playing the bea originals of 1 3
Good bye

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i think the ff7 remake has some difficult parts, if you are playing on hard mode.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Every ff game is easy unless youre playing the bea originals of 1 3
Good bye

Bintendo Entertainment Area

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fort Condor…

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fort Condor…

oh poo poo, thats definitely going to be in part 2

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

They even already have a Fort Condor minigame in the Yuffie DLC

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Harrow posted:

!!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fort Condor…

I liked the tutorial match of it well enough and then hated the first real match I played and don’t think I’ll bother with it again lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Harrow posted:

Yeah that’s what I’m talkin bout

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I liked the tutorial match of it well enough and then hated the first real match I played and don’t think I’ll bother with it again lol

I’m on rank 4 :dukedoge:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

its good bitch

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

one thing I noticed in the PR of 5 that wasn't in the original console version is I always run into a fight in the Sealed Castle and that was never guaranteed in the older version

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

one thing I noticed in the PR of 5 that wasn't in the original console version is I always run into a fight in the Sealed Castle and that was never guaranteed in the older version

I don't thi k they changed it. the encounter rate is pretty high but I've made it out w/o fighting wxdeathsoul or the dragon, which feels accurate to the original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
FF6 pixel remaster gets official release date: feb 24: https://toucharcade.com/2022/02/09/final-fantasy-6-pixel-remaster-release-date-price-ios-android-steam-iphone-gameplay-screenshots/