Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

trading in games?!?

I did this once because my vita came with an assassin's creed game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I did this once because my vita came with an assassin's creed game

fair

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rediscover posted:

dude these posts are making BD sound like my dream rpg. I kind of lost steam in DQ7 and I'm strongly considering trading it in for bravely default honestly

bravely second is really so freaking good. Maybe IT is just better at jrpgs than I am because I set the battle rate to default and got smoked by one boss, I never felt op. I'm actually stuck on one boss right now but I passed like 5 hours playing the incremental clicker mini game lol

There's a custom special move mechanic I want to figure out. It looks like it gives you the option to choose a catch phrase, music, and style but it doesn't seem to work

frank.club fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Oct 12, 2016

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

frank.club posted:

There's a custom special move mechanic I want to figure out. It looks like it gives you the option to choose a catch phrase, music, and style but it doesn't seem to work

woah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

frank.club posted:

bravely second is really so freaking good. Maybe IT is just better at jrpgs than I am because I set the battle rate to default and got smoked by one boss, I never felt op. I'm actually stuck on one boss right now but I passed like 5 hours playing the incremental clicker mini game lol

The special move stuff is part of the street pass system so good luck ever havin it work well

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
is the first one worth playing. and if not can I play the second without playing the first.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've also done the two bosses and barely beat both on my last turn before I would have wiped so I'm not like godlike at this or anything. I remember a lot of basic strats from BD1 that work well in the early game when you don't have any jobs

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

The special move stuff is part of the street pass system so good luck ever havin it work well

Special Moves are really powerful attacks that can be customize to have various different effect. Special Moves are activated by defeating enemies. Eventually you can use different conditions to trigger activation requirements. When you use a Special Move, the battle music will correspond to the character using it. Special Move duration only last as long as the character theme, you will need to make quick decisions to fully take advantage of the Special Move. To unlock additional Special Moves, activation condtions or additional parts. You will need to upgrade the Moon Base.

I didn't see anything about street pass

http://www.neoseeker.com/bravely-second/walkthrough/Special_Moves

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

rediscover posted:

is the first one worth playing. and if not can I play the second without playing the first.

i'm still going through it and liking it a lot but my guess is you can skip it if you want

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

its not just streetpass you get em from online friends too

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

bravely default fricking pweens and bravely second is good too but not as good imo. outside new jobs and mechanical improvements obv

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

its not just streetpass you get em from online friends too

Oh I was thinking of summons oops

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Those are the parts and triggers you get from the incremental clicker which is the one part of the game I really don't like

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Those are the parts and triggers you get from the incremental clicker which is the one part of the game I really don't like

I played it until I had every single unlock and 10 million points lol.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

you can summon ppl on your friends list who have the game to do their moves and it'll also fill the list with randos once a day too if you hit online update, and it'll give you 5 more ppl to rebuild norende/fort lune every day too. theres nothing in the game that uses streetpass that you cant also do with on line

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

You can connect to the internet every 24 hours and get like 3 free random "streetpasses" which do the same thing as streetpassinf IRL

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bravely default is hot garbage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

What the hell.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

What the hell.

check that post count. Trolls aren't welcome

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

frank.club posted:

check that post count. Trolls aren't welcome

phew. thanks for pointing this out, i was concerned for a minute

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

its missing a bunch of stuff that every rpg needs. but it has its good parts IMO

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The fencer/bishop fight was rough, I went through like 25 potions to stay alive but I prevailed. I like when bosses give XP in JRPGs, sometimes they don't which is kind of a let down

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

The fencer/bishop fight was rough, I went through like 25 potions to stay alive but I prevailed. I like when bosses give XP in JRPGs, sometimes they don't which is kind of a let down

Yes, but that allows for low level runs.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Bravely Second you can just turn off XP gains in the menu though !

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They need to stop pronouncing Ba'al as Balls

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh they put an actual idler in this game. That's bizarre

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

Oh they put an actual idler in this game. That's bizarre

it's extremely bizarre but it's a fun way to blow off some steam. don't worry about it if you don't want to, though, it's almost entirely used for non-gameplay bonuses like unlocking songs for the jukebox and stuff.... there's a way to turn your proceeds into actual money but it's not available til a good bit later in the game , at which point you probably won't be hurting for cash anyways

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

shes a ba'al buster

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

Hahahah

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Diablo 2 Ba'al runs ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The difficult takes a noticeable step up once you reach the first real continent, I need to get some more jobs!

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
I bought Bravely Default and I like it so far. It's cute

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm gonna finally play Bravely Default

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

It seems hard. Normal encounters some times gently caress me up and I'm doing a side quest to get the thief job I'm assuming and there's a boss battle against two dudes with 5k hp who can kill me in like 3 hits and heal each other for 500 if they want when I'm doing like 150 per attack. I'm going to win it tomorrow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm kinda bummed that you have to choose between job classes because they set up a little conflict and it's both sides pleading their case so choose a side!! But the only thing that matters is which job you get , so why bother. Also the thief is kicking my rear end.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I agree

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm kinda bummed that you have to choose between job classes because they set up a little conflict and it's both sides pleading their case so choose a side!! But the only thing that matters is which job you get , so why bother. Also the thief is kicking my rear end.

You're just choosing the order you get em in , thankfully, everything you didn't choose will become available eventually . Also they usually do a pretty good job of balancing the choice between two similar roles (and sometimes you're choosing between two jobs that have really strong synergy with each other) ... the structure turned me off at first but it ends up being a nice way to provide some variety in the middle part of the game and then a good powerful feeling later on when you have access to absolutely everything and can start busting the game wide open

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

i've been playing fft again in addition to viii. picked up an old save file and i'm getting close to finally having a fully skilled calculator.

people tended to hate on dancers but they seem okay to me? gonna get those skills and convert back to lancer.

also ffviii is starting to break. making items to magic is doing it. i have almost learned card>item too.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukx1plZCKS8&t=43s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It took me like 5 tries but I beat the thief.