Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mouth moving silently for a full minute, staring at my hands and counting on my fingers before I look up and say "Did this guy just call Penelo a twink?"

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Mouth moving silently for a full minute, staring at my hands and counting on my fingers before I look up and say "Did this guy just call Penelo a twink?"

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

*Voice of a character from like, Richie Rich or some other piece of poo poo 90s kid power movie* Girls can be twinks too!!!!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Voice of a character from like, Richie Rich or some other piece of poo poo 90s kid power movie* Girls can be twinks too!!!!
Various twinks with crossed arms and backwards caps all say YEAH! and then they have to breakdance against the other crew

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I am a twink. Like my father before me.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

American super sentai show called Teenage Wizards of Iowa and North Kansas. Canceled after two seasons.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

but seriously did Vaan have any point, plot or otherwise, to exist in that game other than to be a blond twink

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
1) he is a pov character, someone whos affected by the machinations and failures of the big players around him (on both sides) but who was invisible to them until he was directly confronting them
2) as a result of 1) he changes the course several characters are going on. they dont do an amazing job highlighting this, partly i think because the whole games presentation is meant to be evocative of stage plays, but stuff like ashe eventually rejecting the nethicite is because of him. theres even a shot in the cutscenes on top of pharos where ashe is thinking about using the sun cryst herself and then she looks over to vaan and hes pretty upset and that pushes her the other way.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

FactsAreUseless posted:

Pablo Nergigante posted:

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

ffxii fuckin rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnJEZZ37KeQ

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2hLJLQfwSI

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It never gets any attention but the Lowtown music is crazy good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc3Zy6Fu8MQ

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

FactsAreUseless posted:

Various twinks with crossed arms and backwards caps all say YEAH! and then they have to breakdance against the other crew

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

It never gets any attention but the Lowtown music is crazy good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc3Zy6Fu8MQ

hell yeah

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

FF4 or 5, imps? Never played either. This will be the pixel remaster. Decided to give them a try finally, I always judged them very harshly cause I hated the look of FF6 too much.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I’m playing through 4 first time right now and I’m liking it a lot but if you like job systems then 5 is a sure bet

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
4 has better story, 5 has better gameplay (though 5s story is like saturday morning cartoon goofy so if thats a positive then 5 wins handily).

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

FF4 or 5, imps? Never played either. This will be the pixel remaster. Decided to give them a try finally, I always judged them very harshly cause I hated the look of FF6 too much.

5 is the better game but 4 is super chill. I say 4 first then 5

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Super chill and good story is exactly what I need. Starting with 4. Much obliged, imps.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Bolverkur posted:

Super chill and good story is exactly what I need. Starting with 4. Much obliged, imps.

good move. played 4 for the first time last year and I vibed into my couch so hard

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Speaking of 4, you really chew through party members huh, it’s kinda nuts lol. I just got rydia back and if theatrhythm is any indication Yang isn’t sticking around for too long.

Also Namingway might be my favorite running gag in the game

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Like on paper FF4 should be a weak entry cause there's so little going on systems wise but the plot moves along at such a nice clip that it doesn't matter.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
ff4 areas all have amazing background music too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGoemFJIaFA

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Yeah I love the music so far, IV is rad

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
4 was definitely aesthetic over everything else but the aesthetic is really good, in every way

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

karma, karma, karma, karma, karma scarmiglione

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I love FF4 very much. thank you, Squaresoft

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Never actually played through any FF game from before X, aside from playing a bit of 8 at a friend's house. I was thinking of starting off with the FF6 pixel remaster.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Bloody Pom posted:

Never actually played through any FF game from before X, aside from playing a bit of 8 at a friend's house. I was thinking of starting off with the FF6 pixel remaster.

if you're interested at all in the previous ones, I'd go back before FF6: it's the most mechanically and narratively complex of the 2D games and the others may feel shallow compared to it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
yeah if you wanna check out old ff but aren't so committed that you want to check out the nes games, start with 4 and go through em all from there imo

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Bolverkur posted:

I've never played FFIV but FFV is a quality video game and highly replayable. I discovered it through the Four Job Fiesta, so it's become a habit of mine to replay it once a year.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

karma, karma, karma, karma, karma scarmiglione

You Cagnazzo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What is the best way to play VI? There's all the remasters and stuff these days and some are great and some have aids redone sprites iirc. Is a good version switch?

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!