Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I stayed up all night playing final fantasy 2. I was pretty crazy about FF1, too, though. I had the Nintendo power guide and it was worn to hell because I would read it over and over since there was no internet back then.

you sound old as gently caress bitch LOL

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

12 is the only FF I didn't like at all and couldn't even come close to finishing

Same. X is really rough now too. I didn't get far in the remake

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The XIII series is good and anyone who disagrees is a slave to their nostalgia.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

folder posted:

12 is one of my favourites just because i thought the world and music were very good. i liked the turkish/arabic style they used in some of the settings.

It's been on my list of games to go back to and now that there's an HD 9k 60FPS rerelease in the works -- looks like I got my wish

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

if the only actually good games were metacritics top 10 we would be stuck playing Cawadoody and Skyrim for all eternity

gently caress reviews, they are worthless and obsolete

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i like amazon's policy of using the lowest price it was set for at any time as long as you have it pre-ordered, so you don't have to wait for an epic discount or something

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

original amazon pre-order price: 59.99

current price in order history: 47.99 :obamanotbad:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

I just watched Conan play 15 and it looks really dumb

how is that bad??

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i didnt like the demo much. is the game better ? i like the stacking thing but the game seems so easy that it doesnt really matter.

I haven't played the full game or the demo, but after talking with ppl who have I think it suffers from Ni no Kuni syndrome -- where the demo was dogass awful but the actual game is a million times better. (Kuni top 5 games of last gen easily)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

do you have to have played all the old FF games to enjoy WoFF? i have limited experience with the older games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Just got home to see the game waiting for me. Downloading the day 1 patch while I take a poo poo and make some coffee.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've played about 2 hours of it (first few intro missions + couple hunts) and I will say that this game seems fully sick GOTY material thus far.

They seemed to have really listened to the complaints about XIII and throw you into the open world immediately, it's awesome. I'm getting some serious Xenoblade/Red Dead exploration feels as well, oddly enough.

The Wait mode is the same as the default action but it pauses the game (with a meter that runs out) if you stand still for like a second, allowing you to Libra and properly set up combos on tougher enemies. There's also a Wait Mode ability tree that boosts dmg done and chance to break enemies body parts on atk and stuff.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh yeah, you get XP and AP for fighting/doing stuff in the world obviously, but there's a twist. You gain AP immediately and bank XP. To actually apply the XP you have to rest at a camp site or some other rest area, making it essentially a Bonfiresque Darksoulsian take on the XP system

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Listening to the FFVIII OST in my Gold Chocobo Regalia.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

TFW you never fast travel anywhere so you can listen to old FF soundtracks

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Oh man. Do they have Balamb Garden theme? That's my favorite FF music ever

of course

e: i usually let ignis drive and take in the scenery unless it's nighttime and he's being a bitch about it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

at a certain time of night ignis will stop the car and refuse to drive, then you can take control

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

lol, just wait..

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Started Chapter 2

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Chapter 3 brings a nice change of scenery

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lestallum is sooo cool

I haven't even gone there yet, there's too many other things to do and see. Like the Cocobo Post in the woods that i want to live in

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ran into my first glitch last night during the stream. An enemy grunt got stuck behind a boss door and I couldn't get to him, but thankfully the autosaving in this game is spectacular and I just had to rebuy the FFIX OST before redoing the fight

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i love iris.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My group of friends have a psn Community that we just upload our pics to. From there you can screenshot the screenshot and copy it to USB. Convoluted but it works.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

you could just screenshot the photo screen itself but it has the menu border around it which makes my autism flare up hardcore.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

yeah, that's how you normally do it but for whatever reason viewing photos in-game isn't fullscreen

that's honestly the only complaint i have about this game so far

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

>TFW all you can afford is Kenny's Fries :smith:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Muramasa had some great stuff too.

Odin Sphere also. Vanillaware makes drat good games and game food

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

rediscover posted:

X/X-2 remasters seem completely fine.

Yeah I didn't play much of X and none of X-2 but I never saw any weird bugs or NPCs freaking out or anything like that. It ran well

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Still in Chapter 3 doing side stuff. Will probly be there for quite some time.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

i wish this game had a greater female presence because girls are cool, but game owns

i respect the decision to make this a boy game since it feels right in context of a roadtrip, and especially since they just wrapped up a 3 game series centered around female relationships

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

that said, i do wish Iris would come along as a Rise equivalent

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Still in Chapter 3 and enjoying questing. Going to give the ppl around my spot in the game a professional tip: Upgrade Teamwork to get A+ finesse ratings on the regular.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Some of those link strikes are monstrous too, and sometimes put you behind an enemy so you can follow up with a blindside. It feels so cool. I think I'm level 30 and still haven't left chapter 3 haha.

I'm lvl34 and haven't left Chapter 3.

Just caught the crag baramundi.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Professional Tip #2: Drive with first person camera while it's raining for some drivefeels.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm at 17 hours now so yeah that sounds about right

I think I'm close to wrapping up the sidequests here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yeah the autosaving is great in this game