Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

nice i found this thread in time to post on the second best page

i have nothing of value to add r/n though

um i like final fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Her name is Lightning.

Um her name is Eclair tyvm

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

What if she kisses on the ladies instead?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I feel the yearly urge to replay an Final Fanty but I can't decide which one

maybe I should finally finish XII or XIII, the black marks on my perfect FF record

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tao of lmao posted:

Comrades is real fun btw if you have some friends to play with.

iirc there's an Episode Ardyn and an Episode Aranea announced? I have no clue if either came out yet.

Also yeah Comrades is fuckin great, when it launched I sank nearly as many hours into it as the base game.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In Training posted:

They announced 4more episodes through 2019

Hot drat

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

One of them better be Episode Luna

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tao of lmao posted:

That’s cool. I haven’t even touched the episodes yet. How long do they take on average?

I think Episode Gladio is the shortest, Prompto and Ignis should take a couple hours each maybe? if you do the extra stuff? I actually haven't played Ignis yet so I don't know the structure, but Prompto has a little area of its own you can fart around in and collect and do poo poo. It's probably fast if you just mainline the story stuff. Gladio's is just a quick linear action thing you can do score challenges for when you're done.

e: also Ignis shouldn't be played unless you've finished the main game b/c story poo poo + an alternate ending iirc ???

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

yassssssss bitch

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I’m still a little miffed that her name isn’t Cidney.

Yeah that salts the hell out of me. It's such a great little joke and Cindy is just boring in comparison.

I would have even settled for them spelling it normally like Sidney or some poo poo, even if it would give me PTSD to them using an S for Sid in Spirits Within (which is a good movie).

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

look, ming na is very cool ok !!!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bicyclops posted:

I'd do it 10 times before doing the butterfly minigame

:agreed:

at least the lightning dodging almost becomes muscle memory and you can do it while watching/listening to something else

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

oh poo poo yeah online cc!! i still have all 4 gba cables for that game but nobody around to play with any more

hell my main gay was just lamenting the fact we can't play it online the other day, I should share the good news

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Are you in the mood for medieval/steampunk or modern/futuristic?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

i've never finished 12 b/c i feel like the first 20 hours of it is endless desert and i don't like the gambit system

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

So I made the right choice.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah been thinking of picking up the remaster. Zodiac version makes it so you can get most/all of the gambits right away instead of them being spread thru the game or something? and the job system seems fun.

The repetitive environments and gambits prob won't bug me as much with the fast forward poo poo too

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In Training posted:

Thats for the mon hun knock off they put in the game that nobody played I think

lmbo I put more hours into Comrades than I did the main game. I think 60??

It was broken as gently caress and took forever to load but I had fun. I should prob see how much they've added to it since launch

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah the loads were insane, I just read a book while I waited lmao. I would hope it's improved since then but I haven't played it since the first couple weeks after launch.

Should pop back in whenever I renew my PS+.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah the Steam version is just the old PC port with bad music you need to mod to fix lmao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I think they redid the sprites, and maybe? had the source files for the cinematics for IX. The backgrounds were mostly all lost tho and had to be upscaled so they don't look as slick. FF8 would prob require as much work or more, considering how Japanese gaming companies used to handle saving assets-- aka they would wipe poo poo to make room for the next game or just lose poo poo lmao

I'm amazed they were able to salvage any assets for IX, considering it was made mostly at the Hawaii office.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I said come in! posted:

Anyone else playing Record Keeper? This is my favorite Final Fantasy to be honest.

:eyepop:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In Training posted:

Episode Aranea was the only one I was looking forward to...

:same: tho Luna would have been interesting, too.

I hope this means Tabata is doing 16 tbh. I'd like to see him try his hand at a mainline title w/o it being him cleaning up someone else's mistakes and jury rigging a game together in a limited amount of time.

ofc any game he makes will end with everyone dying in the end or w/e but I'd still like to see what he might bring!!

e: o nvm just read the article and he left the company :lol:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

yoko taro final fantasy when then ??

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lmbo

Oh well. The good news is they're going to continue supporting Comrades I guess?? I liked Comrades a lot. I'll prob dive back in when the standalone version comes out. Been wanting to play it lately, but couldn't really justify the 100gb install so I was waitin on the new dlc eps, which i guess now I'm only waiting for Ardyn

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In Training posted:

They should make a Spirits Within 2

would unironically be into this tbh

wouldn't be into the bankruptcy so much

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The ending made me cry like a bitch so the game def did its job well on making me care about the characters. The story seemed ... good? for what was there. Noctis' journey was well done but the broad strokes are def lacking. It's a very obviously unfinished game that still somehow manages to get its main job done well imo.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God I forgot how horrifying that camel chocobo looks.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Evil Eagle posted:

It all happens after the point of no return at least. After the game stops being open world.

Nah. Nights start coming earlier not too late into the game, world def going to poo poo/etc. The game for sure railroads (heh....) you when poo poo really hits the fan, but the tonal shift is built to imo. It could have been built to more if the game had more story, but it definitely didn't feel sudden, at least to me.

Also the timeskip owns and I jizzed when the World of Ruin title card popped up. Between FFXIV and XV, Japanese Squeenix seems to finally be realizing how dope FFVI is. Lotta love letter to it in both games. XIV obvs is a love letter to all of 'em but so much of ARR had shades of VI.

Only issue I have with XV is wanting more of it. In the base game not dlc or added cutscenes lmbo. It jumps around so weirdly at points, like when suddenly the gang has this plan to get the boat and talks about it as if it's been discussed a bunch, but we see none of that so it's just a weird moment of feeling like you missed something.

e: also I liked chapter 13 but played it after they buffed the ring and added cutscenes explaining what happened to luna's bro. the ignis/gladio route is ok too. i did ch13 by jumping between the two.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 10, 2018

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Oh, I definitely was. But it was still dope.

Comrades helped a liiiittle bit but not much, since it's all instanced and you can only roam by glitching out of bounds. Which is fun but not for long.

Comrades is p dope despite that tho

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Man I need to start playin XIV again.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love creeping people's ridic mansions.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

In Training posted:

I didn't know the player housing existed until I was level cap and had been playing for months and I dropped everything I was doing to wander around them for like 3 hours the first time I went. It's so cool. I want a house, even though they're a racket designed to make you keep paying the monthly fee.

i deadass only log in lately to keep my house from being destroyed lmao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The new glamour system is tight as hell compared to the old one. I still wish you could do cross class glamours tho. So many of the armour pieces I want just don't fuckin work on my monk, RIP.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

FFXV is great. But it's hella unfinished and super obvious about it. The stuff that's there works really well, though, and the ending still manages to land like a ton of bricks.

e: the game's biggest crime is making me wish there were more of it. like in the base game. the dlc stuff is good to great but is all launched separately and doesn't feel like actual additions to the game itself unfortunately

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also Comrades is surprisingly addictive.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

elf help book posted:

the games biggest crime is running up to a prompt to press x and pressing it and noctis does his little hop instead

Yeah this too lmbo

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

What's worse: Noctis' silly jump when trying to loot, or Geralt lighting and extinguishing candles constantly if they're too close to something you're trying to pick up?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Is this a PS4 code or the physical game? If it's the latter I am almost definitely gonna grab it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It is physical but the lowest shipping option is like $11 lol. Still a good deal in that case.

Yeah that's still cheap af.

e: FFX/X-2 remaster is also 5bux right now, though it's out of stock so just a waiting list. tempted to grab it as well tho lmao idc if i have to wait

esperterra fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 21, 2018