Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

im enjoying the cool videos i dont care if they make a game or not

This.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Blue on blue, stand down stand down those are friendlies

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Is FF Type-0 any good? It’s on the Xbox Japan Games sale and I don’t think I’ve ever even heard of it before

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I rented it and kept it for like a month so I could keep playing it until I beat it. My parents were really pissed about the late fees lol.

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

In 20 years you'll be hanging upside down from a tree with a fork up your rear end

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

gently caress you

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The demo owned

elf help book posted:

FINAL FANTASY FOR THE MOTHERFUCKIN WIN FOLKS

:hai:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I like that the combat mixes FFXV’s real-time system and the traditional menu-based system but in a way that really captures the best of both. Neither one seems like a half-rear end compromise like most games that try to mix the two. I’m excited for the full game

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I know everyone’s playing FFVIIR right now but is anyone planning on getting the Crystal Chronicles remaster in a couple months? I played the hell out of that game in middle school, I’m excited to see if it holds up to my memory of it

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

it's gonna happen...the imp squad

Hell yeah

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

running around FF7R Shinra HQ and soaking in the delicious irony of japanese square Enix making the most immediately culturally relevant eco-terrorist positive ACAB game after Canadian Square Enix used their Deus Ex reboot to make fun of final fantasy in a random lobby poster and say Aug Lives Matter .

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

good lord they even tried to say it was just coincidence. that's the community manager lmfao come on man

Lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

suddenly remembering that Games post in a "what do you name your video game characters?" thread where one poster said he named the FF6 crew after his family members EXCEPT his dad, and then launched into a multi-paragraph "gently caress you, dad!!!!!!" screed

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

iirc there was a guy who named Dargger in 9 after his GF in school and when she dumped him he used a name card to rename her WHORE

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Back in the day none of my friends had the GBA link whatever so I only ever played it solo and I still liked it a lot, it was one of my favorite games. Of course we’re talking about my tastes as a 12-year-old or whatever but I played a few missions of the demo earlier today and still had a good time

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I'll read the book after my replay and rewatch of the entire Final Fantasy XV extended universe.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

yeah, its basically the monkeys paw version of that

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Ruffini posted:

Never played FFXV, is it worth a playthrough?

I liked it a lot

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

Oh yeah well I loved it

I loved my wife, Commodore Aranea Highwind

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Octopath is: Bravely Default; elemental breaks; persona style turn order, choice + epic Octopath Heroes!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

I know now why you dislike the Octopath style, but it's something I can never do. Goodbye.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

que sera sera posted:

At the end of Nintendo's direct they will announce that final fantasys 1-6 are currently available for download, and on sale. amen.

:pray:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

Imp magic do your thing

Everyone in Imp Zone loaning our Imp Magic to que sera sera like a spirit bomb

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

they tell him to stop but horii just announces 3 more games back at them

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

All you had to do was suplex the drat train, Sabin!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

never play a "bonus dungeon"

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Tim Burtonesque Broom: TCELES B HSUP.
Jack: Enough with your riddles and mysteries. Your incantations mean nothing to a man like me, with no luxury for memories.... Fighting is what I live for.
*Mariah Carey cover of "Hero" begins to play*

Fungah! posted:

LIGHT WARRIORS ! COLLECT THE ORBS !

Jack: gently caress you, I won't do what you tell me.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fort Condor…

I liked the tutorial match of it well enough and then hated the first real match I played and don’t think I’ll bother with it again lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

life is strange 1 is good, life is strange 2 is apparently the biggest pile of dogshit ever seen by man

This, but the prequel Before the Storm, is also good. Before the Storm was so good and LiS2 so bad that Dontnod apparently got kicked off their own series and the new one was made by the studio that did BtS lol.

Haven’t actually played the new one though, it seems to be getting a pretty good reception

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

all i can think of about life is strange 2 was synthy bitchin about 2 for weeks after he beat it and this arf post

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

You need to fall in a pit full of ravenous tigers for real dude.

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Hizke posted:

lmfao stop posting in cspam you lunatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Best Buy either broke street date or way overestimated how long it would take me to receive my package so I got my copy of Crisis Core Reunion in yesterday. I’ve only had about an hour and a half to play it so far but I like what I’ve seen so far. I never played the original so I don’t know how close it is, my understanding is that it’s mostly just a graphical upgrade and some QOL changes.

Combat is superficially pretty similar to FF7R but simpler—just one character and you just have your basic attacks, four materia and ability slots, and limit breaks—and there’s a lot of it so it may get repetitive but I guess we’ve got like 6 months until FF7R-2 even if there aren’t any delays so you can play it in bite-sized chunks here and there. There’s a slot machine constantly running in the top-left of the screen and frequently popping off effects like giving you buffs or unlocking limit breaks etc when things line up which is fun.

I’m also liking Zack a lot as a protagonist, he’s kind of a goofy dork, sort of annoying in an endearing way somehow. He reminds me of MGS2 Raiden without the grim front. I’m looking forward to getting deeper in the game and finding out more about him since it seems like he’s going to play a bigger role in the 7 remakes than the original.